Finlay Heath

Post by Ste_B »

Has signed.
Ste_B
750 posts
750 posts

Re: Finlay Heath

Post by Ste_B »

Ste_B wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:25 pmHas signed.
Scrap that. Dual reg, still an AFC Liverpool player.

Can’t believe everything you read on the internet/our own Instagram.
cobby7
----------
----------

Post by cobby7 »

I hope he signs permanently to me and my friends
He looks a really good prospect.
Paulisi
1,000 posts
1,000 posts

Post by Paulisi »

From FC Isle of Man
Saturday will be a special day for AFC Liverpool defender Finlay Heath, as he returns to the Isle of Man four years after leaving as a young teenager.

Finlay, who moved to the Island in 2013 and whose dad still lives here, has fond memories of his time on the Island. Whilst attending Peel Clothworkers primary school and then QE2 Highschool he represented Peel AFC throughout his age groups.

A talented footballer from an early age, he represented the the IOM national team under-13’s tour of Northern Ireland, where he captained the side against Crusaders in Belfast. Despite the squad succumbing to norovirus while there, it was a proud moment for him.

Finlay moved back to the UK in 2018, joining Dynamo Rangers of Skelmersdale and was then picked up by Buxton FC at age 17, where he played for the development team and made the bench for the first team a number of times.

He is now dual-registered with Southport FC in the Vanarama North and AFC Liverpool, with his first senior game for ‘The Little Reds’ coming in the 21/22 season. He has been a regular name in that side ever since – playing FCIOM on three previous occasions no less and is looking forward to playing against some familiar faces again this weekend.

We wish Finlay all the best his career, just maybe not when he plays the Ravens!
Paulisi
1,000 posts
1,000 posts

Post by Paulisi »

He has gone out on a month's loan to Nantwich
Gambo's Left Boot
----------
----------

Post by Gambo's Left Boot »

What?
Am I missing something?
cobby7
----------
----------

Post by cobby7 »

A couple of weeks ago Bentley gave a glowing report on him now he has farmed him out.
Madness!
optimickstic
----------
----------

Post by optimickstic »

Hope its only a month he is a good squad member and gives us an option even if its off the bench .Enjoyed Jims pre Chorley assesment but no mention of this ,can only hope he gets game time and comes back in a good frame of mind ,hopefully Carden will look after him and send him back sound in wind and limb , hope Jordan doesnt need minutes we cant give him .Please dont send Jordan out on loan to get vital minutes we need him he is popular with the fans and can contibrute from day back one .
Last edited by optimickstic on Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rabbit
----------
----------

Post by Rabbit »

One of our best players
Port optimist
----------
----------

Post by Port optimist »

Wow that’s a surprise and huge disappointment , whenever his played he’s been impressive and with Morgan not performing as well this season as well as he done previously he would give us a good option to give Morgan a break .
Gambo's Left Boot
----------
----------

If I'm picking our best current midfield, Fin Heath is in it and Morgs isn't. However, I'd guess it's hard to leave out the player coach, and to justify having one of our top wage earners kicking his heels on the bench.
Falkland yellow
----------
----------

Post by Falkland yellow »

Agreed. I see it as both a blessing and opportunity that DM is suspended.
Liamsbodyguard
----------
----------

Post by Liamsbodyguard »

Falkland yellow wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:54 am Agreed. I see it as both a blessing and opportunity that DM is suspended.
Strange one , David Morgan is on the bench???!!!
Olá
----------
----------

Post by Olá »

Liamsbodyguard wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:11 pm
Falkland yellow wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:54 am Agreed. I see it as both a blessing and opportunity that DM is suspended.
Strange one , David Morgan is on the bench???!!!
1 game
Paulisi
1,000 posts
1,000 posts

Post by Paulisi »

Came on for Nantwich in the second half
Port on the Kent
750 posts
750 posts

Post by Port on the Kent »

Today's game was tailor made for him; shitheap of a pitch, tackles flying in, fifty/fifties.

Instead we had Hmami trying and failing to play a holding midfield role.
Paulisi
1,000 posts
1,000 posts

Post by Paulisi »

Port on the Kent wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:14 pm Today's game was tailor made for him; shitheap of a pitch, tackles flying in, fifty/fifties.

You would think he would be a replacement for Philliskirk, as his loan finishes next week. Obviously not or we have agreed an extension
Unibond Awakes
----------
----------

Post by Unibond Awakes »

Paulisi wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:20 pm
Port on the Kent wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:14 pm Today's game was tailor made for him; shitheap of a pitch, tackles flying in, fifty/fifties.

You would think he would be a replacement for Philliskirk, as his loan finishes next week. Obviously not or we have agreed an extension
Does he really deserve one on his showings so far?
Scotch Egg
----------
----------

Post by Scotch Egg »

Is there something more to this? It seems that an admittedly young player has been sent off on loan despite having shone during the best period of our season and having shown that he has something about him in the middle. Is it just the case that we are kind of obliged to play our loan signings and therefore it's best to give Heath some football elsewhere?
Gambo's Left Boot
----------
----------

Unibond Awakes wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:09 pm
Paulisi wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:20 pm

Does he really deserve one on his showings so far?
At the moment I'd have Philliskirk in the team ahead of Morgan. We don't have enough players who look after the ball - and too many who either default to hoofball or headless chicken dribbling.