Marcus Carver

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Formula Port
----------
----------

Re: Marcus Carver

Post by Formula Port »

A slide down to mid table mediocrity beckons and another second half of the season that there is no point in playing.
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

Watching Wrexham yesterday it’s likely to be a heavy loss for Scunthorpe, very predictable win for them on paper just like playing Peterborough Sports or Buxton at home 😳
A big thanks from me to Marcus he’s a warrior on the pitch , love his mentality and persona - now we need to be in the market for a replacement…..hmmmm perhaps Warrington will help us out or maybe go for Tom Peers from Curzon, seems to be a mobile goal scorer and puts himself about on the pitch .
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

superbike999 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:25 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:12 pm Is his month up?
It would have ended on 17 November (although 2 months loan would be about 23rd). But Scunthorpe have issued an immediate recall. They are bottom of their league and are playing Wrexham on Wednesday night, so I have heard) (See post from David_1276 above)
Sorry, I meant Connor Woods. I think we could recall him now if he signed for Warrington on 7 October on the same basis Scunthorpe have taken Marcus back. Vassallo should be back for the King's Lynn game.
I am at my most DANGEROUS and EFFECTIVE when UNDERESTIMATED.
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Formula Port wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:37 pm A slide down to mid table mediocrity beckons and another second half of the season that there is no point in playing.
I think we can still be effective without Marcus but he is a massive, massive asset. One of those where you wish you could find the money yourself. As far as I understand it he can't sign for anyone else this season having played for three clubs, so if Scunny have to start getting rid of people and he does become available it'd be fantastic to have him back for good.
I am at my most DANGEROUS and EFFECTIVE when UNDERESTIMATED.
cobby7
----------
----------

Post by cobby7 »

Thanks Marcus as far as I am concerned you scored three goals. Hope your run out with us got you even fitter.
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:10 pm
Formula Port wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:37 pm A slide down to mid table mediocrity beckons and another second half of the season that there is no point in playing.
I think we can still be effective without Marcus but he is a massive, massive asset. One of those where you wish you could find the money yourself. As far as I understand it he can't sign for anyone else this season having played for three clubs, so if Scunny have to start getting rid of people and he does become available it'd be fantastic to have him back for good.
Our biggest wins of last season were without him (4-0 Farsley, 5-0 BPA) so I won’t be starting the CBT just yet.
Formula Port
----------
----------

Post by Formula Port »

Ste_B wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:48 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:10 pm
Our biggest wins of last season were without him (4-0 Farsley, 5-0 BPA) so I won’t be starting the CBT just yet.
Flash in the pan. We’ll go nowhere without him or a player of his equivalent
optimickstic
----------
----------

Post by optimickstic »

Been so good to have Marcus back gave everyone a lift while he was here thanks to him and best wishes for the future .Now we just have to get on with it we need Connor Woods back asap as an impact sub if nothing else .Tomorrow night we are really up against it, Saturday it would be nice to have him back definite 3 points chance. Next Tuesday another very hard game when we need an experienced fit Connor available for selection .
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

We knew he would only be here temporarily so presumably Connor Heath was signed to come into the team when Carver left. He should start tonight alongside Archer and have a run to show what he can bring. No point signing him otherwise.
Sand74
----------
----------

Post by Sand74 »

Scunts
Formerly known as Lurch (S.F.C)
Gilbert69
----------
----------

Post by Gilbert69 »

Great lad on and off the pitch . Yeah he ll be missed bit we can't rely solely on him . Think connor woods will come back after trophy game and now is the time for him to step his game up
Gambo's Left Boot
----------
----------

Post by Gambo's Left Boot »

Too much to ask for us to actually pay money on a replacement I assume. Not a Jon Penman like punt from lower leagues, but a decent player at this sort of level?
Formula Port
----------
----------

Post by Formula Port »

Gambo's Left Boot wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:42 pm Too much to ask for us to actually pay money on a replacement I assume. Not a Jon Penman like punt from lower leagues, but a decent player at this sort of level?
Don't talk silly
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

They have recalled him to warm the bench....
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

Played 16 minutes tonight as Scunthorpe inevitably lost at home to Wrexham, leaving them 21st in the National League.

If they get relegated (which I do think is unlikely), where is Marcus' next move going to be?
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

Came on after 75mins in SUFC’s home defeat to Maidstone.
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Scunthorpe doing a Stockport.....
PortDan1121
Bitter Evertonian
Bitter Evertonian

Post by PortDan1121 »

Sadly, I don't think we will end up meeting Marcus next season if he is still at Scunthorpe - as we will get promoted into the National League....
BinghamBoy
----------
----------

Post by BinghamBoy »

Well Marcus enjoyed his time here……

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/new ... w-im-back/
Sandgrounder3
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder3 »