Pre-season friendlies

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
User avatar
SteH90
1,000 posts
1,000 posts
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:58 pm

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by SteH90 »

Port on the Kent wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:06 pm Shouldn't be any bother in pre-season friendlies. They are friendlies. Nobody cares about the outcome. Anyone causing grief at a match is an idiot, but doubly so in friendlies.

But given we have previous, matches against Morecambe and Blackpool seem to facilitate it.
Totally agree about the absurdity of trouble in pee-season. The conditions present last year v Blackpool aren’t necessarily present this (Friday rather than Saturday, under 17’s need to be accompanied, segregation is better) so hopefully common sense will prevail. Just need everyone from both sides to behave as befitting a very early pre-season friendly
User avatar
Swedes
----------
----------
Posts: 513
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:47 pm

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by Swedes »

SteH90 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:22 pm
Port on the Kent wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:06 pm Shouldn't be any bother in pre-season friendlies. They are friendlies. Nobody cares about the outcome. Anyone causing grief at a match is an idiot, but doubly so in friendlies.

But given we have previous, matches against Morecambe and Blackpool seem to facilitate it.
Totally agree about the absurdity of trouble in pee-season. The conditions present last year v Blackpool aren’t necessarily present this (Friday rather than Saturday, under 17’s need to be accompanied, segregation is better) so hopefully common sense will prevail. Just need everyone from both sides to behave as befitting a very early pre-season friendly
Urine trouble if you think this will pass without issue.
loyal jay
----------
----------
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:09 pm

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by loyal jay »

Providing it's governed properly, it's an opportunity for the club to put to bed some of the negative publicity and prove to those who may have been put from attending due to crowd trouble, that the neccessary safe guarding steps are in place. My cynical mind believes the club are dangling temptation, in the hope that if there was trouble, they could oust the individuals/group who have caused so many problems last season.
User avatar
SteH90
1,000 posts
1,000 posts
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:58 pm

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by SteH90 »

Swedes wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:52 pm
SteH90 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:22 pm
Port on the Kent wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:06 pm Shouldn't be any bother in pre-season friendlies. They are friendlies. Nobody cares about the outcome. Anyone causing grief at a match is an idiot, but doubly so in friendlies.

But given we have previous, matches against Morecambe and Blackpool seem to facilitate it.
Totally agree about the absurdity of trouble in pee-season. The conditions present last year v Blackpool aren’t necessarily present this (Friday rather than Saturday, under 17’s need to be accompanied, segregation is better) so hopefully common sense will prevail. Just need everyone from both sides to behave as befitting a very early pre-season friendly
Urine trouble if you think this will pass without issue.
Ha! Love it. I was obviously taking the p***!
portexileinbath
1,000 posts
1,000 posts
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:27 am

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by portexileinbath »

Will it be streamed ?
User avatar
David_1276
----------
----------
Posts: 685
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:07 am
Location: Burscough
Contact:

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by David_1276 »

portexileinbath wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:09 pm Will it be streamed ?
The Blackpool game will be almost certainly, they stream all of their pre-season matches and their U-21 games on their YouTube channel
"I have a bad feeling about this" - Han Solo, c.1977
PortInTheSouth
Love a bit of the old futbology me
Love a bit of the old futbology me
Posts: 704
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:30 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by PortInTheSouth »

The Blackpool and Morecambe friendlies are on Sky Sports Box Office :D
As I said, it is what it is. And what it is is a southern softie wind up merchant
portexileinbath
1,000 posts
1,000 posts
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:27 am

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by portexileinbath »

David_1276 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:33 pm
portexileinbath wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:09 pm Will it be streamed ?
The Blackpool game will be almost certainly, they stream all of their pre-season matches and their U-21 games on their YouTube channel
Many thanks David..... but I was trying to add a wee bit more humour into the thread
User avatar
David_1276
----------
----------
Posts: 685
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:07 am
Location: Burscough
Contact:

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by David_1276 »

portexileinbath wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:42 pm
David_1276 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:33 pm
portexileinbath wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:09 pm Will it be streamed ?
The Blackpool game will be almost certainly, they stream all of their pre-season matches and their U-21 games on their YouTube channel
Many thanks David..... but I was trying to add a wee bit more humour into the thread
No bother, as PitS said, there's a good chance it'll be a PPV on Box Office with an expected viewership in the tens of millions :lol:.
"I have a bad feeling about this" - Han Solo, c.1977
portexileinbath
1,000 posts
1,000 posts
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:27 am

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by portexileinbath »

David_1276 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:02 am
portexileinbath wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:42 pm
David_1276 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:33 pm

The Blackpool game will be almost certainly, they stream all of their pre-season matches and their U-21 games on their YouTube channel
Many thanks David..... but I was trying to add a wee bit more humour into the thread
No bother, as PitS said, there's a good chance it'll be a PPV on Box Office with an expected viewership in the tens of millions :lol:.
Only tens of millions ?. With the world's population at about 8 billion, one has to question why so few will watch it......or is it LW's fault (again).🤭
User avatar
Olá
----------
----------
Posts: 611
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by Olá »

What times do the friendlies kick off
User avatar
Swedes
----------
----------
Posts: 513
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:47 pm

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by Swedes »

Olá wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:17 pm What times do the friendlies kick off
For the Blackpool match, probably about 15 minutes after thr start of the game.
User avatar
Olá
----------
----------
Posts: 611
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by Olá »

Swedes wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:42 pm
Olá wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:17 pm What times do the friendlies kick off
For the Blackpool match, probably about 15 minutes after thr start of the game.
Just a little bit funny
PortInTheSouth
Love a bit of the old futbology me
Love a bit of the old futbology me
Posts: 704
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:30 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by PortInTheSouth »

KO times have just been tweeted - Blackpool a Friday 3pm KO
As I said, it is what it is. And what it is is a southern softie wind up merchant
JC06
----------
----------
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:43 am
Contact:

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by JC06 »

PortInTheSouth wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:38 pm KO times have just been tweeted - Blackpool a Friday 3pm KO
Error by me, apologies 🤣 it’s 7:30.
Last edited by JC06 on Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PortInTheSouth
Love a bit of the old futbology me
Love a bit of the old futbology me
Posts: 704
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:30 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by PortInTheSouth »

JC06 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:42 pm
PortInTheSouth wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:38 pm KO times have just been tweeted - Blackpool a Friday 3pm KO
Error by me, apologies 🤣
That's my groundhop double header ruined! :lol:
As I said, it is what it is. And what it is is a southern softie wind up merchant
kiaken
----------
----------
Posts: 485
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:27 pm
Location: Southport

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by kiaken »

Olá wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:17 pm What times do the friendlies kick off
What time can you make it. :D
User avatar
Olá
----------
----------
Posts: 611
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by Olá »

kiaken wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:05 pm
Olá wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:17 pm What times do the friendlies kick off
What time can you make it. :D
Any time now that we know the times
Halfway Liner
----------
----------
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:36 am

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by Halfway Liner »

Tuesday 11th July confirmed as Tranmere Rovers (h) k.o. 7.15 pm. Kick-off subject to possible change.
george
----------
----------
Posts: 435
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:43 pm

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by george »

Used to go one or two pre season, but not faffing around with my phone to get into the game,,,,,,,,just can't be bothered,
We sleep walk into these things, bit like self scan at Supermarkets, good for us all?
Post Reply