Everton Forward Line v Southport FA Cup

Past players, managers, matches and news
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Everton Forward Line v Southport FA Cup

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

Can any of you oldies out there name the Everton Forward Line that played against the Port in the Historic 3rd Tie.....
I think from memory it was Alex Scott, Alec Young, Joe Royle, ???????, Johnny Morrisey, I can only think it may have been Derek Temple but I don't think it was Roy Vernon...thank you...ASP
cavjj
Carl Soloman
Carl Soloman

Re: Everton Forward Line v Southport FA Cup

Post by cavjj »

Gordon West
Ray Wilson
Brian Labone
Tommy Wright
John Hurst
Alan Ball
Colin Harvey
Howard Kendall
Joe Royle
Jimmy Husband
Alex Young

https://www.southportfootballclub.co.uk ... s/?id=1851
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

Ah Alan Ball..... Forgot about Jimmy Husband too, I was sure Alex Scott was on the right wing...thank you, amazing what time does to the memory settles my discussion with an Evertonian anyway.. ;)
Gloucester man
750 posts
750 posts

Post by Gloucester man »

Alan Spences Pupil wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:42 pm Ah Alan Ball..... Forgot about Jimmy Husband too, I was sure Alex Scott was on the right wing...thank you, amazing what time does to the memory settles my discussion with an Evertonian anyway.. ;)
When Joe Royle scored late on, Ball got the ball and was calling us everything showing us his fist. We really got to the scousers that day. Big Red really rattled West in the Everton goal. Everton did not enjoy that game one bit.
yellosoul
----------
----------

Post by yellosoul »

Gloucester man wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:19 pm
Alan Spences Pupil wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:42 pm Ah Alan Ball..... Forgot about Jimmy Husband too, I was sure Alex Scott was on the right wing...thank you, amazing what time does to the memory settles my discussion with an Evertonian anyway.. ;)
When Joe Royle scored late on, Ball got the ball and was calling us everything showing us his fist. We really got to the scousers that day. Big Red really rattled West in the Everton goal. Everton did not enjoy that game one bit.
…only the Scarisbrick end, where Everton scored, was full of Evertonians that day
Gloucester man
750 posts
750 posts

Post by Gloucester man »

yellosoul wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:33 pm
Gloucester man wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:19 pm
…only the Scarisbrick end, where Everton scored, was full of Evertonians that day
Not at the front i was there with my uncle Fred