Re: A proposal

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

Yep. Kind of thing I meant.
JJWK1302
----------
----------

Post by JJWK1302 »

cavjj wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:36 am If I was your hypothetical millionaire owner, I would prevent migration between the JC and the Pop side. The ground has configuration and fencing that makes this possible.

While possibly unpopular to those who (myself included) who like to swap ends based on where we’re attacking, my logic is that you keep anyone generating atmosphere in the JC for the whole game.

I’d possibly consider making entry on the Pop side a pound or two cheaper as well. More options for fans and people we’re trying to attract.
To be honest you dont even need a millionaire owner to do that, its already ready to be put in place if the club wanted to take that route as all you simply need to do is close the get next to the bar and then the gate next to the left of jack carr stand as i remember it being in place when we played tranmere.

The only issue that comes with that is accessibility to food and drinks, with current losses I wouldnt think it would be a smart business move until we start playing well and getting gates of 1.100+ avg everygame again (except tuesday nights).
JJWK1302
----------
----------

Post by JJWK1302 »

JJWK1302 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:49 pm
cavjj wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:36 am If I was your hypothetical millionaire owner, I would prevent migration between the JC and the Pop side. The ground has configuration and fencing that makes this possible.

While possibly unpopular to those who (myself included) who like to swap ends based on where we’re attacking, my logic is that you keep anyone generating atmosphere in the JC for the whole game.

I’d possibly consider making entry on the Pop side a pound or two cheaper as well. More options for fans and people we’re trying to attract.
To be honest you dont even need a millionaire owner to do that, its already ready to be put in place if the club wanted to take that route as all you simply need to do is close the get next to the bar and then the gate next to the left of jack carr stand as i remember it being in place when we played tranmere.

The only issue that comes with that is accessibility to food and drinks, with current losses I wouldnt think it would be a smart business move until we start playing well and getting gates of 1.100+ avg everygame again (except tuesday nights).
Just seen you already stated this is possible, didnt read it properly my bad.
Unibond Awakes
----------
----------

Post by Unibond Awakes »

Gambo's Left Boot wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:16 pm My understanding was that we currently play on a narrow pitch because that was Liam's preference - compress play, get long throws into the box etc. It struck me on Saturday that we had more ball players than they did - Lloyd, Philliskirk, Morgan and Hmami can all pick a pass - and that compressing the play didn't benefit us at all. Rather than move stands, dugouts etc - next season how about widening the pitch by 6/7 yards so that the Pop Side is actually pitch side?
A good idea that should be implemented asap…it’s not worked in the any of the Watson years from 2018 onwards has it? 🙈🙈
Sam
----------
----------

Post by Sam »

cavjj wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:56 pm Image

Problem solved
It could definitely work. Doubt planning would be an issue either.

But I'd love to see a lift/ a ramp, you've probably got the space to have a gentle gradient ramp on either side. Take some seats out the front and have elevated disabled viewing section as opposed to the token bus shelter in the away end.
Ste_B
750 posts
750 posts

Post by Ste_B »

Sam wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:49 am

Problem solved
It could definitely work. Doubt planning would be an issue either.

But I'd love to see a lift/ a ramp, you've probably got the space to have a gentle gradient ramp on either side. Take some seats out the front and have elevated disabled viewing section as opposed to the token bus shelter in the away end.
This would be great. I suspect there would be a little funding available somewhere too to help towards the costs.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

:roll:

Problem solved
Maybe moving those big blue bins would help too.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
cavjj
Carl Soloman
Carl Soloman

Post by cavjj »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:07 pm Maybe moving those big blue bins would help too.
Can they play up front?
portexileinbath
1,000 posts
1,000 posts

Post by portexileinbath »

:lol:
cavjj wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:50 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:07 pm Maybe moving those big blue bins would help too.
Can they play up front?
😂