Minor, inconsequential things that utterly dominate your psyche for decades

All off topic and general discussion
Caisenma
----------
----------

Minor, inconsequential things that utterly dominate your psyche for decades

Post by Caisenma »

Pot Noodle ran a marketing campaign for about a month in 2003, where they renamed to Not Poodle, and were at pains to emphasise that Pot Noodles weren't made of poodles.

I cannot see or think of Pot Noodles without thinking about Not Poodle, and will usually mutter 'not poodle' under my breath. I've been doing this for about 20 years now.

In the first Austin Powers film, there's a throwaway scene where Dr. Evil sings a jingle for a cat food advert. Clearly, very little forethought, design or effort went into this scenes inclusion in the film, it was just a quick and goofy laugh to include on the day.

This jingle, and specifically Dr. Evil's rendition of it, has never left my head since I first heard it. I frequently unconsciously sing it to myself, at an absolute minimum of once a week.

I first saw that film 25 years ago.

Others:

- The sad "Wooo" noise the cop car makes in the first Ghostbusters movie when it gets sunk into and crushed by the cracking pavement.
- The Cybernoid 2 theme tune on the Amiga.
- Whenever someone has the surname of Simpson, I always say ' Simpson ey' ala Mr burns.
"I want you to know, he's not coming back" - Caisen's Out
portexileinbath
1,000 posts
1,000 posts

Re: Minor, inconsequential things that utterly dominate your psyche for decades

Post by portexileinbath »

Try listening to Peter Hammill - A louse is not a home, from the album "the silent corner and the empty stage". It may stop the voices in your head....but it could also add to any confusion you may (or may not have). A darkened room is best for this !.
Ps. I have never seen Ghostbusters and have no idea what the Cybernoid thing is !.
Strange world isn't it.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Cort Phat
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
Caisenma
----------
----------

Post by Caisenma »

Big Mac 1985 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:32 amCort Phat
Touché :lol:
"I want you to know, he's not coming back" - Caisen's Out