Jordan Keane

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Parttimer
----------
----------

Jordan Keane

Post by Parttimer »

New signing after Halifax release

Centre back but can play right back and midfield. Experienced and won national north too with Stockport
Portfan4life
----------
----------

Re: Jordan Keane

Post by Portfan4life »

Good signing, welcome to the club
Liamsbodyguard
----------
----------

Post by Liamsbodyguard »

Another top drawer signing JB but all I can say is we're signing a lot of centre backs,is me thinking out of the box or are we going to be very defensive this season oh well welcome to the club Jordan your here to join a title winning team we hope.💛🖤
Parttimer
----------
----------

Post by Parttimer »

Yeah I’m thinking 5 at the back this season as a few of the signings, mentioned playing in a 3 in the interviews. That coupled with the lack of wide players so far too.

Can see flowers going out the door if we get a taker for him
David999
----------
----------

Post by David999 »

We still need a winger and another mid fielder I think
Redrobe fan
750 posts
750 posts

Post by Redrobe fan »

David999 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:28 pm We still need a winger and another mid fielder I think
Well, Jim said possibly two more to come
Ubbe
----------
----------

Post by Ubbe »

Redrobe fan wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:55 pm
David999 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:28 pm We still need a winger and another mid fielder I think
Well, Jim said possibly two more to come

Two more 30 + defenders would get that portchat p*ss nicely boiling :D
Unibond Awakes
----------
----------

Post by Unibond Awakes »

Our defence was shocking on occasions last season eg Morpeth chesterfield kings lynn(h) Warrington…If you are hard to score against most games you will win look at England for example
SimonJ
----------
----------

Post by SimonJ »

Good Signing and its starting to look a solid squad. Welcome Jordan.
YellowArmy
----------
----------

Post by YellowArmy »

Welcome to the club Jordan. It’ll be interesting to see which two of the many centre halves Jim will start the season with. 😀
Gambo's Left Boot
----------
----------

Post by Gambo's Left Boot »

YellowArmy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:01 pm Welcome to the club Jordan. It’ll be interesting to see which two of the many centre halves Jim will start the season with. 😀
Three centre halves this year, with Minihan and Doyle as wingbacks to provide width. Two sitting midfielders behind Danny Lloyd, who'll play as a 10 behind 2 strikers. Out of possession it'll look more like 5-4-1.
Annonymous_fan
----------
----------

Post by Annonymous_fan »

5-3-2
Renshaw
Minihan Keane Moore NKP Doyle
Lloyd Spooner Hilton
Carver Owolabi
Annonymous_fan
----------
----------

Post by Annonymous_fan »

Annonymous_fan wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 12:21 am 5-3-2
Renshaw
Minihan Keane Moore NKP Doyle
Lloyd Spooner Hilton
Carver Owolabi
Midfield seems a little to open for me so maybe Morgan in for Hilton to start and see how it gels.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

Welcome to Southport FC Jordan..

This appears to be yet another "class" signing at least on paper.. Where is the money coming from? Another player who will demand "big" money, and I just hope as a club SFC arn't throwing all their eggs in to one basket for a boom or bust season? Fully costing for the long haul should always be priority for any football club. We arn't going to go from fighting relegation to winning the league overnight IMHO and gradual progression should surely be the aim? Let's be honest, we are still a part time set up with limited training times and facilities. Infrastructure of the club still very much in it's infancy?

You would imagine that the squad will continue to evolve as pre season continues before another hectic season? I can see one or two moving on or at the very least going out on loan. Squad wise for me( and continuing the greedy theme) SFC still needs that big target man up front, a good wide man plus another midfielder? Goals bring you success. Maybe too much to ask now, and again I do caution about over spending....

A nice change though I have to admit.
Let's hope the boldness of the Board of SFC is rewarded, on and off the field.
portexileinbath
1,000 posts
1,000 posts

Post by portexileinbath »

yellowfever wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:26 pm Welcome to Southport FC Jordan..

This appears to be yet another "class" signing at least on paper.. Where is the money coming from? Another player who will demand "big" money, and I just hope as a club SFC arn't throwing all their eggs in to one basket for a boom or bust season? Fully costing for the long haul should always be priority for any football club. We arn't going to go from fighting relegation to winning the league overnight IMHO and gradual progression should surely be the aim? Let's be honest, we are still a part time set up with limited training times and facilities. Infrastructure of the club still very much in it's infancy?

You would imagine that the squad will continue to evolve as pre season continues before another hectic season? I can see one or two moving on or at the very least going out on loan. Squad wise for me( and continuing the greedy theme) SFC still needs that big target man up front, a good wide man plus another midfielder? Goals bring you success. Maybe too much to ask now, and again I do caution about over spending....

A nice change though I have to admit.
Let's hope the boldness of the Board of SFC is rewarded, on and off the field.
I totally agree about money. We have sold a lot of season tickets at a reduced price which will limit cash flow during the season, especially if we don't produce good results (or entertaining play). Having said that I have got even higher hopes for the coming season than I have had for many years.
And.... it's a nice sunny day in Bath, England are in the final of the Euro's, the cricket is going very well, the cheese board is looking decidedly depleted and the Port is going down nicely😊
cavjj
Carl Soloman
Carl Soloman

Post by cavjj »

portexileinbath wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:26 pmand the Port is going down
:o Hope not.
portexileinbath
1,000 posts
1,000 posts

Post by portexileinbath »

cavjj wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 4:27 pm
portexileinbath wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:26 pmand the Port is going down
:o Hope not.
Pre season training to ready myself for long successful campaign 🍷
SteH90
1,000 posts
1,000 posts

Post by SteH90 »

The really encouraging thing about Jordan and the other signings is experience not just in terms of age but winning things too. It’s a different philosophy to previous years where we’d bring in promising players and look to progress them into the League. It was a successful policy, more financially than on pitch so shouldn’t be ruled out as something we do but Jim’s idea seems to be packing the squad with experience that will look to compete at the top. No wild predictions from me other than that, we’ll give it a real go. I know social media comments about ‘p**sing the League’ are tongue in cheek and/or banter but we shouldn’t be bragging, just quietly confident that we have a squad with the kind of experience to overcome whatever a season throws at us and the capacity to win more than we lose, especially at home. Looking forward to it.