Bainbridge contract mutually terminated

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Exiled Port Fan
750 posts
750 posts

Bainbridge contract mutually terminated

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Generic thank you statement accompanying it.
Olá
----------
----------

Re: Bainbridge contract mutually terminated

Post by Olá »

Odd that saying that he runs the youth teams
PortDan1121
Where's yer 10 points gone?

Post by PortDan1121 »

Olá wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:25 am Odd that saying that he runs the youth teams
He runs the academy (or atleast did, not sure what it means for that now)

Not all the youth teams - they are mostly run by volunteers.
PortDan1121

Post by PortDan1121 »

I would like to put on record my thanks to Jack. He has had an iffy season but he has scored vital goals even this season, the equaliser at Rushall, the winner at Stortford that sent us wild. He has been responsible for many great days out with fantastic performances through the years. There isnt a sounder lad that Bambo. He is one of the best. I wish him all the best in the future.

I would say it is another question for the Q&A but I wouldnt like to speculate on Jack's personal life, I know he sold his shop recently. Maybe he is moving away?
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

He always looked a gifted player, but seemed to turn in less than average performances too regularly what I saw, perhaps he has injury issues.....mind you he wasn't on his own performance wise..
Sandgrounder3
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder3 »

PortDan1121 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:54 am I would like to put on record my thanks to Jack. He has had an iffy season but he has scored vital goals even this season, the equaliser at Rushall, the winner at Stortford that sent us wild. He has been responsible for many great days out with fantastic performances through the years. There isnt a sounder lad that Bambo. He is one of the best. I wish him all the best in the future.

I would say it is another question for the Q&A but I wouldnt like to speculate on Jack's personal life, I know he sold his shop recently. Maybe he is moving away?
Still for sale according to Fitton’s sign in window
Miss the milkshakes 🤨🤨
Gloucester man
750 posts
750 posts

Post by Gloucester man »

PortDan1121 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:54 am I would like to put on record my thanks to Jack. He has had an iffy season but he has scored vital goals even this season, the equaliser at Rushall, the winner at Stortford that sent us wild. He has been responsible for many great days out with fantastic performances through the years. There isnt a sounder lad that Bambo. He is one of the best. I wish him all the best in the future.

I think your right to ask about Jack? I wish him well
BlankPort
----------
----------

Post by BlankPort »

A great servant of the club. Thanks for everything Jack, wishing you and the family the best for the future.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

I don't think he'll be without a club for very long.No doubt he'll be back to "haunt" SFC in the very near future with a Chorley, Chester or Warrington.We're well used to the drill by now..
Yet another player who didn't look like he was enjoying his football and obviously frustrating from a fans point of view knowing the talent he has.Unfortunately, it hasn't shown enough recently hence...
From the player three seasons ago making box to box runs to score brilliantly against Chester FC to the player this season against the same opposition who didn't look like he gave one..
All good and well letting these players go now mid season-but we all know they have to be replaced by better.
19 games to go,10 at home and 9 away with the County Cup lobbed in too.
We've been here before.
couille du chien
----------
----------

Post by couille du chien »

Good luck in the future Jack,you’ll be missed
Swedes
----------
----------

Post by Swedes »

I would like to think that whilst we have released him from his contract that we have kept his registration with the National League. That way he couldn't just rock up at a rival club over the weekend or until his contract would have finished.

Good luck to him wherever he goes, he has served us well but his form has dropped off a bit this season. It's always sad seeing a home town player leave, but that's football. Maybe seeing Niall go over to the USA has given him an idea?
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

PortDan1121 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:41 am
Olá wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:25 am Odd that saying that he runs the youth teams
He runs the academy (or atleast did, not sure what it means for that now)

Not all the youth teams - they are mostly run by volunteers.
Might not make any difference. George Newell still coaches the academy teams despite no longer being our player.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Paulisi
1,000 posts
1,000 posts

Post by Paulisi »

Watch the fans forum - he has given up his coaching role as well
DannyJohnston
----------
----------

Post by DannyJohnston »

Now signed for Marine
Rabbit
----------
----------

Post by Rabbit »

yellowfever wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:25 pm I don't think he'll be without a club for very long.No doubt he'll be back to "haunt" SFC in the very near future with a Chorley, Chester or Warrington.We're well used to the drill by now..
Yet another player who didn't look like he was enjoying his football and obviously frustrating from a fans point of view knowing the talent he has.Unfortunately, it hasn't shown enough recently hence...
From the player three seasons ago making box to box runs to score brilliantly against Chester FC to the player this season against the same opposition who didn't look like he gave one..
All good and well letting these players go now mid season-but we all know they have to be replaced by better.
19 games to go,10 at home and 9 away with the County Cup lobbed in too.
We've been here before.
Correct Brian….now at Marine!