Southport 1-2 Hereford - Match Thread

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Exiled Port Fan
750 posts
750 posts

Re: Southport 1-2 Hereford - Match Thread

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

I'd rather support an NPL side than a team rolling around at any given opportunity, looking to get opposition players sent off ir booked.
Any Port In A Storm
----------
----------

Post by Any Port In A Storm »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:20 pm I'd rather support an NPL side than a team rolling around at any given opportunity, looking to get opposition players sent off ir booked.
You'll get your wish soon enough.
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

I doubt it's any better at NPL. I've seen dodgy refs and cheating players at lower levels than that. I've seen quite a few Isthmian North games in recent years, and SE Counties.
Paulisi
1,000 posts
1,000 posts

Post by Paulisi »

Watched the highlights.
Harry Flowers should have won the header for the first goal and was at fault.
For the second goal, Ben didn't win the header and Harry didn't follow the runner.

Harry Flowers can be a liability and needs dropping.
Anson is back in training and should replace him.
Port on the Kent
750 posts
750 posts

Post by Port on the Kent »

The highlights only back up the ridiculousness of the decisions.

The 'foul' given when their keeper runs into their defender without an SFC player anywhere near is even worse than I remembered it. Ref knows it's not a foul as he doesn't give it for a while, it's only when it looks like we've got an open goal he gives it.

Absolutely cowardly decision.
Bullshitter

Post by Bullshitter »

On behalf of Hereford fans everywhere I"d just to thank contributors to this thread for the biggest laugh we've had in ages.

For years Southport have been universally known in the non league game as the worse side for shithousery like cheating, feigning injury, time wasting and getting opponents sent off. Not so funny when other teams do it to you is it?

Not that the referee got much wrong yesterday. The first goal was clearly over the line and your player raised his hands to Howkins, which is a sending off regardless of whether the victim made the most of it.

When you have chance look up "irony" in the dictionary. 😀

Oh and come and say hello to us on this link.

https://saveedgarstreetforum.proboards. ... -fc?page=3
PortInTheSouth
Love a bit of the old futbology me
Love a bit of the old futbology me

Post by PortInTheSouth »

Come looking for bites. Respect it tbf.
As I said, it is what it is. And what it is is a southern softie wind up merchant
Olá
----------
----------

Post by Olá »

Bullshitter wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:21 pm On behalf of Hereford fans everywhere I"d just to thank contributors to this thread for the biggest laugh we've had in ages.

For years Southport have been universally known in the non league game as the worse side for shithousery like cheating, feigning injury, time wasting and getting opponents sent off. Not so funny when other teams do it to you is it?

Not that the referee got much wrong yesterday. The first goal was clearly over the line and your player raised his hands to Howkins, which is a sending off regardless of whether the victim made the most of it.

How sad are you
Scotch Egg
----------
----------

Post by Scotch Egg »

Bullshitter wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:21 pm For years Southport have been universally known in the non league game as the worse side for shithousery like cheating, feigning injury, time wasting and getting opponents sent off. Not so funny when other teams do it to you is it?

The big division among Southport fans over many years was between those who were fed up of the way we used to play and those who saw it as a means to a fairly successful end. However it stopped being successful for us a while ago and the atmosphere among fans towards the manager most associated with it became pretty toxic. He's moved on and we seem to have lost any semblance of the 'dark arts', proper aggression (as opposed to indiscipline) and what might be called shithousery. We're too easy to beat these days. Hereford made harder work of beating us than some this season, but you did beat us and I thought, once you went 1-0 up, you managed the game well in terms of dealing with our modest pressure. I don't like some of what I saw yesterday but one side knew how to get the win and one huffed and puffed and couldn't put chances away.

I thought the officials were awful and turned a game with no real flashpoints or needle into something uglier by allowing themselves to be repeatedly tricked and by guessing at decisions. That's how I saw it, regardless of what previous Southport sides might have done. Whatever happened yesterday, Hereford are clearly a better side than us, as evidence by your chances of making the playoffs and ours of being relegated. I'd swap our position for yours and I'd rather have three points from yesterday's match than try and claim any moral high ground. It's three points we desperately need.
portexileinbath
1,000 posts
1,000 posts

Post by portexileinbath »

Rise above commenting on Bullshitters comments Portchatters, it isn't worth it.
Bullshitter

Post by Bullshitter »

portexileinbath wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:19 pm Rise above commenting on Bullshitters comments Portchatters, it isn't worth it.
As our Lord Jesus said in Matthew 7:5, "You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."
Bullshitter

Post by Bullshitter »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:20 pm I'd rather support an NPL side than a team rolling around at any given opportunity, looking to get opposition players sent off ir booked.
are you familiar with this song?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc
Port on the Kent
750 posts
750 posts

Post by Port on the Kent »

Bullshitter wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:21 pm

I do read that from time to time and highly rate it as the one forum in the league more prone to absurdity, irreverence and sarcasm than this place. Keep it up.

What happened to that 200 page thread about the creation of HFC/murder of HUFC where everyone lost their shit? That belonged in the Louvre.
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

Olá wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:54 pm
Bullshitter wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:21 pm On behalf of Hereford fans everywhere I"d just to thank contributors to this thread for the biggest laugh we've had in ages.

How sad are you
Yes embarrassing for those 'hereford fans everywhere'...namely hereford, down the farm near hereford, Herefordshire and outer hereford...such a globally known club..
pault
----------
----------

Post by pault »

Our team is probably not aggressive enough these days. We need some lessons in "the dark arts". Your lot are well drilled in them. Will you teach us ?
Yellow81
----------
----------

Post by Yellow81 »

Having watched the highlights it really was a shocking display by the officials, its never over the line and Lloyd's sending off a display of the dark arts by Hereford . I sure all the Hereford players went to Rada or stunt school , unpleasant team and fans as always.
Though it does not disguise our faults we miss chances snd again our marking from crosses is abysmal as it has all season , flowers again unable to mark a man and that is with for me Renshaw again Mom he made multiple fine saves yesterday.
Stats dont lie we are the second worst side at home all season 4 wins out of 16 that is why we are in trouble not the refs as bad as some are at present .
Still think we will survive but we do need Anson back Asap and give Archer some game time.
siddle
----------
----------

Post by siddle »

Eurgh.
Wasn't even close to crossing the line.
https://twitter.com/_StephenKillen/stat ... 17/photo/1

Last edited by siddle on Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scotch Egg
----------
----------

Post by Scotch Egg »

That's just a horrific call from the linesman. How can he call that as over the line? He spent the next few minutes nodding and gesturing that it crossed the line like he was 100% sure on it. What an utter clown.
Stratford Excile
----------
----------

Post by Stratford Excile »

siddle wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:23 pm Eurgh.
Wasn't even close to crossing the line.
https://twitter.com/_StephenKillen/stat ... 17/photo/1

Perhaps those moron Hereford supporters should go to Specsavers as soon as possible.

How could they possibly say it was over the line when they were at the other end of the ground??
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

With the keeper shielding it the linesman wouldn't be able to even see the ball...
Joke officials