Marcus Carver

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Sandgrounder3
----------
----------

Re: Marcus Carver

Post by Sandgrounder3 »

Like the fella who scored a hat trick for Bala last night, a certain George Newell, think he’s proved his fitness now 🤨🤨
Gloucester man
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester man »

How long before he returns to Scunthorpe? They will need him tvey are absolutely shocking at present.
Stephen-Killen
----------
----------

Post by Stephen-Killen »

Good question.. he was confirmed a month ago today! He did sign a two-month loan though, here’s hoping it’s extended further. Although recalls are always a worry.
Independent Journalist covering non-league football on Merseyside.

Exclusive interviews every week. For Southport coverage go to: https://off-the-park.co.uk/tag/southport-fc

Twitter: @_StephenKillen
PortInTheSouth
----------
----------

Post by PortInTheSouth »

Scunthorpe sit 2nd bottom after a 3-0 defeat to Southend and only above Torquay, who I've watched this season and look poor, so surely there looking out for a goalscorer?

Hopefully not though because it would make a cracking away trip if they go down (or we go up?!)
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

Can we keep him?
We need to keep him. No coincidence, the form improved as soon as he arrived and last season the form dropped off once he left.

He us very popular, a leader on the field and he works his socks off.

If the costs are prohibitive, I'm sure the supporters would funds any transfer fee or extra wages if asked.
Formula Port
----------
----------

Post by Formula Port »

If we don't keep him it will all come crashing down again like last season.
Gloucester man
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester man »

Formula Port wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:26 pm If we don't keep him it will all come crashing down again like last season.
Their are things out of the clubs control firstly he's a Scunthorpe utd player on a full time contract. They may well want him back as they are in the bottom 4 of the NL.
He's on a full time contract and to be truthful I don't think the club can afford it even if he is available which I strongly doubt.
The Chairman's wallet can only go so far and fund raising for as long as he stays here would have to be found.
I'm just enjoying him at the club we all knew it was for 2 months so just enjoy it.
Stephen-Killen
----------
----------

Post by Stephen-Killen »

I spoke to Liam this week about Marcus. The impression I get is he wants him to stay for the rest of the season (why wouldn’t he) but also made an interesting point about what he does for the rest of the squad.

“You need a Marcus Carver to make the others come into the game so it’s no surprise to me that Jack Bainbridge is scoring goals since Marcus is here, Niall is, Tyler is, Marcus is scoring himself plus Archer is on a good run as well, he scored in back-to-back games, everyone around him started scoring.”

“I think it’s only Michael Carberry in the whole squad who hasn’t scored a goal this season. It doesn’t really matter, once you enter the second month you’re always at a 24-hour recall stage, it is what it is.

“We’re in a different place than we were last year, Marcus went and then we looked like we lost a little bit of momentum but we’ve got Jordan, Connor Heath, we can bring Connor Woods back who’s scoring regularly for Warrington Town so we’ve got different options.”

(Full story if you wish to read it: https://off-the-park.co.uk/southport-sp ... on-preview)
Independent Journalist covering non-league football on Merseyside.

Exclusive interviews every week. For Southport coverage go to: https://off-the-park.co.uk/tag/southport-fc

Twitter: @_StephenKillen
Sandgrounder3
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder3 »

17h November is the official end of the loan
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Rumoured that staff at Scunthorpe haven’t been paid this month and they may enter administration tomorrow.
Sam
----------
----------

Post by Sam »

Has now been recalled early.
Jonny Smith
----------
----------

Post by Jonny Smith »

Sam wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:02 pm Has now been recalled early.
:( nothing we can do he is there player. Thank you Marcus for yet another great spell with us. Pity this
PortInTheSouth
----------
----------

Post by PortInTheSouth »

Was always going to end unfortunately, just a shame its come earlier than expected.

Bold prediction though - if we beat Curzon in the Trophy:
Scunthorpe 0-1 Southport (Carver o.g. 90+8')
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

Need to bring a replacement in.
Connor is not match fit and nor is Jordan apparently.
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Recall Woods?
I am at my most DANGEROUS and EFFECTIVE when UNDERESTIMATED.
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

Scunthorpe have a big game on Wednesday against Wrexham so that's probably why they've recalled him so early. It's a real shame but there's nothing we can do about it really apart from wish him the best in his future endeavours and hope he returns sooner rather than later.
kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

Sorry to see him go but thanks Marcus.
Swedes
----------
----------

Post by Swedes »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:03 pm Recall Woods?
Don't be daft. Why would we want to recall an in-form attacking player when we have recently signed a lad who has barely kicked a ball at this level and is coming back from injury? It's not the Southport way.
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Is his month up?
I am at my most DANGEROUS and EFFECTIVE when UNDERESTIMATED.
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:12 pm Is his month up?
It would have ended on 17 November (although 2 months loan would be about 23rd). But Scunthorpe have issued an immediate recall. They are bottom of their league and are playing Wrexham on Wednesday night, so I have heard) (See post from David_1276 above)