Squad List

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Sand74

Squad List

Post by Sand74 »

Does anyone have a current Squad List. It's been that long I've forgotten who our players are.
Nolio

Re: Squad List

Post by Nolio »

https://southportfc.net/2020-21-squad-pen-pics/

So far we have 15 players listed, including new signings Carver, Challoner, Ali and McMillan. Interesting to see Hanford still listed.

At one of the 'Walkabout Wednesdays' and I think on one of the interviews, I think Ian mentioned that while our players (and those of other clubs) are on furlough, a few pre-arranged moves are naturally stalled. I think once the team begins pre-season training (I presume this week) then a lot more things will become clear. We know from previous experience that Liam likes to have about 19 in his squad.
Port on the Kent

Post by Port on the Kent »

Retained list now available on SFC. Most of it was predictable, apart from the departure of Brad Bauress who has been a fixture in the side during his time here. Liam always spoke highly of him, strange one. Good luck Brad.

Current squad 20/21:

Dan Hanford
Tony McMillan (I have seen no confirmation though)

Adam Anson
Jack Doyle
Dean Winnard
Matty Challoner
Mo Ali

Charlie Oliver
David Morgan
Marcus Wood
Russ Benjamin
Connor Woods

Jack Sampson
Marcus Calver
George Newell
SteH90

Post by SteH90 »

News of Dan Hanford’s contract extension (minus goalkeeping shirt which must be in the wash!). I’m happy about this as he was very good in his first season then things went off the rails last season....
https://southportfc.net/contract-dan-hanford/
Ronnie Hotdogs

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thought he was a bit unlucky to get dropped on the back of one error at York - I suppose Albinson hadn't been brought in just to sit on the bench but it never quite happened for him unfortunately and he was probably kept in the side too long. We look in quite good shape - will be interested to see which wide players we can bring in.
Sand74

Post by Sand74 »

Yes, I think we are a wide player or 2 short - Especially on the left where we also have no obvious cover for Jack Doyle.

Maybe another Striker if being greedy.

Happy with the Hanford & Winnard signings. Winnard gives us experience and organisation at the back.

Hanford will hopefully benefit from Tony McMillans presence.
Big Mac 1985

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Shocked with Bauress...he played pretty much every game so maybe it was his decision to leave and find something new? He blew hot and cold so if we get someone more consistent on that left hand side, it would be seen as an upgrade. Thanks for the Tranmere goal, Brad.

Delighted Dan Hanford has been retained and agreed new terms...yes he made a couple of mistakes before his absence from the side but I can't be the only one who thought he was dropped because he wouldn't be a full time player anymore, thus resulting in us trying to blood young Albinson in.
yellosoul

Post by yellosoul »

Surprised at Bauress, delighted at Hanford who is a top keeper at this level
Ronnie Hotdogs

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I'd love to see us get someone who could take a decent corner - we have been rubbish at set-pieces for years.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Pleased that Hanford has signed again he must have taken a big drop in wages.

Lack of creativity in the squad at the moment. Sounds from the interviews that Liam has been busy so hopefully news soon.
Redrobe

Post by Redrobe »

One player that hasn’t been mentioned at all is Raul Correa. Anybody know what has happened to him?
tomherold

Post by tomherold »

We won’t win anything with kids
mark thomas

Post by mark thomas »

Surprised about Bauress, gave us good natural balance but he was inconsistent and a bit injury prone. Good luck to him.
Agree that Hanford and Winnard are good re-signings, hope Connor Woods can come through more when the season starts.
Thought the ground and pitch looked great yesterday, thanks to all involved in keeping Haig Ave looking smart and good to play on.
Great to be back on here chatting nonsense again.
hoofball

Post by hoofball »

Does anyone know who the trialists where in the Blackpool game
DannyJohnston

Post by DannyJohnston »

hoofball wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:19 pm Does anyone know who the trialists where in the Blackpool game
Andrai Jones played in the second half of the match
mario

Post by mario »

I agree with Ronnie Hotdogs about someone who can take a corner, also, please could we have someone who can take a throw in and actually throw it to one of our own players.
SteH90

Post by SteH90 »

To be fair, Mario, I think the managers idea is to put it into dangerous areas, get a flick on and react to the second ball so it’s not that important to win the throw in. It’s not subtle but it does occasionally work.
Gilbert69

Post by Gilbert69 »

Redrobe wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:28 pm One player that hasn’t been mentioned at all is Raul Correa. Anybody know what has happened to him?
Left the club 1 week before lockdown missed out on Furlough payments from us . Wasnt the best player for us if were being honest
mario

Post by mario »

SteH90, very good point!
David999

Post by David999 »

Does any one know if Gary Bauress has actually signed on any where yet - appreciate loads of time to do so still but just wondering - him and Ryan big misses but everything moves on and squad looks good !