Squad List

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Redrobe

Re: Squad List

Post by Redrobe »

Wouldn’t have thought so. Gary Bauress is 49.
Ronnie Hotdogs

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Redrobe wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:59 pm Wouldn’t have thought so. Gary Bauress is 49.
Class is permanent.
David999

Post by David999 »

Oops by me on Brads grandad but does any one know of his whereabouts ?
David_1276

Post by David_1276 »

Also do we have anything on the whereabouts of Edvards Servuts? He looked pretty decent for 16 in one of the County Cup matches.
Redrobe fan

Post by Redrobe fan »

In the recent match report it was stated that all players had played, but what has happened to Marcus Wood?

I’m glad that Portchat has returned. I’ve missed it, I’ve read it daily since the beginning.
I see that someone has registered as ‘Redrobe’ which might be confusing.
mark thomas

Post by mark thomas »

agree that it would be very nice to know where Marcus Wood is.

Also reluctantly agree that if we parted company with Sammo it could be for the best for both parties,
he'd be a 20 goal a season striker in the NPL. Don't think Liam will forsake him though.
Redrobe fan

Post by Redrobe fan »

Still no Marcus Wood.
Maybe he’s on holiday.
Andy McK

Post by Andy McK »

Does any one know when we are expecting any news on new players? I'm particularly thinking of when the names of some of the "trialists" will be made public?
cavjj

Post by cavjj »

Gilbert69 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:31 pm
Redrobe wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:28 pm One player that hasn’t been mentioned at all is Raul Correa. Anybody know what has happened to him?
Left the club 1 week before lockdown missed out on Furlough payments from us . Wasnt the best player for us if were being honest
Just signed for Bala Town.
TommyShaw

Post by TommyShaw »

Redrobe fan wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:31 pm Still no Marcus Wood.
Maybe he’s on holiday.
Ian Kyle confirmed in the latest interview he's still with the club but waiting for an operation on his eye.
Redrobe fan

Post by Redrobe fan »

TommyShaw wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:41 am
Redrobe fan wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:31 pm Still no Marcus Wood.
Maybe he’s on holiday.
Ian Kyle confirmed in the latest interview he's still with the club but waiting for an operation on his eye.
Thanks for that. I hope that he is soon back to good health. He’s a real asset.
Why the club couldn’t have told us sooner, I don’t know.
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

Why the club couldn’t have told us sooner, I don’t know.
[/quote]
Just perhaps, the need for his eye operation is a very recent development. The club is doing very well with its communications or perhaps you’d like to know if any of the players are potentially developing haemorrhoids as well 🕵️‍♂️ .
Redrobe fan

Post by Redrobe fan »

TrickyDicky wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:48 pm Why the club couldn’t have told us sooner, I don’t know.
Just perhaps, the need for his eye operation is a very recent development. The club is doing very well with its communications or perhaps you’d like to know if any of the players are potentially developing haemorrhoids as well 🕵️‍♂️ .
[/quote]

It can’t be that recent as he hasn’t been able to play in any of the games so far.

Its reasonable to recognise that fans want to know which players are in the squad and available. Wood hasn’t played in any of the games, and LW said that the whole squad had had a run out - so the interest in whether he was still with us was valid.

I think that it would be very silly to suggest that anyone would expect to be kept aware of potential illnesses or injury. The whole squad, management and indeed fan base has the potential to develop haemorrhoids.

However the fans should be told when a player actually has a condition that rules him out of selection for a few weeks.
couille du chien

Post by couille du chien »

It would be good to know if any player had hemaroids,we’d know what the trainer was doing with his finger up the players bum👍
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

Liam indicated he will play with 3 strikers, so either 3-4-3 or 4-3-3
That would suggest we will sign another striker, two midfielders and a defender.

Marcus Wood's eye problem occurred at the end of last season.