AFC Fylde - hypocrits

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Paulisi
----------
----------

AFC Fylde - hypocrits

Post by Paulisi »

I see there is a letter banded around from 11 National League clubs about the funding and their claim it is unfair.
Surprisingly York are not a signatory, but AFC Fylde are. Southport were never consulted.

If I remind you that AFC Fylde were trying to get a salary cap through at the AGM, now they are moaning about the funding
They don't get huge crowds and they have just splashed out significant transfer fees for Hulme and Sampson

This seems somewhat hypocritical....
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Re: AFC Fylde - hypocrits

Post by Port on the Kent »

Especially since Fylde would only be getting around 1,100 - 1,300 at this level anyway, it's not like they have been particularly hard done by.
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

I see they haven't got their own way, so they are trying to force out the league chairman.
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

The National League has formed an independent review committee 'to look into the methodology of distribution of emergency funding'.

Chair: David Bernstein.

Other members: Terry Angus, Charles Clapham MBE, Lord Richard Faulkner, Jonathan Hall, Anna Semens & Graham Wood. https://t.co/bmwyUXrM3X

Charlie is back in football admin.....
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

I wasn't a fan by any means, but I'm glad he's back.
I'd be very happy to see him back at Haig Ave, relaxed and supporting the team.

Good to see Terry Angus there as well.
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

The National League independent review committee has made recommendations to the Board over the distribution of the £10m grants.

The Board is now seeking clarification on the recommendations, which haven’t been sent to clubs.

No changes have been made to the December payments. https://t.co/dAurS1M0VG

That means we get the same money this month even with the extra revenue streams from the three home games.
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

Paulisi wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:09 pm The National League independent review committee has made recommendations to the Board over the distribution of the £10m grants.

The Board is now seeking clarification on the recommendations, which haven’t been sent to clubs.

No changes have been made to the December payments. https://t.co/dAurS1M0VG

That means we get the same money this month even with the extra revenue streams from the three home games.

Thanks for taking the time to chase this up. I’m glad the club are on the right side of a deal for once and given the recent Everton home under 23’s game and two wins in the FA trophy all in the space of a week we can hopefully keep moving in the right financial direction ably aided by the vigilance and hard work of our Director of Operations, the Marketing Manager and the voluntary Admin/financial Support staff. Now on the field, back to the league and we just need to despatch Curzon on Boxing Day.............., playing with a back four!! And 3/4 across the middle
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

David Bernstein has written to the National League saying he doesn't understand why the report hasn't been distributed to the club's and the whole exercise was a waste of time.
Effectively, the National League board is inept.
Sam
----------
----------

Post by Sam »

Paulisi wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:14 pm Effectively, the National League board is inept.
Your opinion or Davids?
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

I cannot speak for David...

The NL board have been forced to issue a statement as it has made national news.