Jordan Archer

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Roday1878

Jordan Archer

Post by Roday1878 »

Jordan Archer re-joins for an undisclosed fee from Boston United.
Seano

Re: Jordan Archer

Post by Seano »

Make no qualms about this 1 - this a great signing for the team and the club. We’ve let a nice lad leave for stupid money and replaced him with a natural goalscorer. Archer is in the ‘lost zone’ at the minute where he’s just being loaned out here n there. Now he signed a permanent deal, he can settle. (Remember Shaun Whalley going through the same situation and how that turned out for him, and the club). Its another example of how Watto knows these players well and how they 1. Respect him and 2 trust him). I suspect he’s signed on part time terms as well - jack was a full timer remember. We’ve now 4 out n out strikers. Let him settle before you knock him down, this will be a very good signing for the club.
Jonny Smith

Post by Jonny Smith »

Welcome back Jordan i hope he does the biz for us despite the fact he’s had more clubs than tiger woods. 😀
BackoftheNet

Post by BackoftheNet »

Welcome back Jordan. It will be good to see you in the Port colours again smashing the ball into the back of the net.
David_1276

Post by David_1276 »

An excellent acquisition no doubt, Jordan was incredibly impressive during his last spell at the club and I felt we should've signed him after he was released from Port Vale, instead we've had to pay a fee though I can't think it was as significant as the one we got for Sammo. However as Seano said, he's a goalscorer (though he hasn't scored a league goal since he was last with us over 18 months ago) and not the supporting striker I feel we needed, although I have to say he's less "out and out" than Newell and Carver and will look to add a bit of ball playing flair here and there. Dare I say we still need another midfielder/ versatile wing player?
Redrobe fan

Post by Redrobe fan »

‘Stupid Money’? Have I missed something?
Alan Spences Pupil

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

David_1276 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:31 pm An excellent acquisition no doubt, Jordan was incredibly impressive during his last spell at the club
Was he ?......A tall target man as far as I remember lets hope he sets the world on fie.... ;)
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

I don't remember too many stand out performances in his first spell.
He was a useful Conf N striker

We need a striker, he can do a job at this level. Hopefully, the change of formation will suit him.
Port on the Kent

Post by Port on the Kent »

Welcome back, Jordan.

I think this is good business, during his last spell he began brightly and gradually faded but that was symptomatic of the malaise that had set in throughout the team when it become known that the owner was leaving and there was a cost-cutting exercise. He certainly wasn't the only one to phone it in during the latter part of the 18/19 campaign.

I think he is an improvement on Sampson as he is more mobile and carries more of a threat. He is not a hold up player, despite his stature I seem to remember him dropping deep as a ten as much as being a target man. He is also two years further on since then which can make a difference. He certainly adds to the team and if you compare our attacking options this season (Carver, Newell, Archer, Woods, Watson) to last season (Sampson, Correia, Green, Woods, Homson-Smith) there is progress. Sadly this is yet to manifest itself on the pitch but there is time.
badger

Post by badger »

Looks a good signing we need a goal scorer that's for sure. :)
Sandgrounder SE

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Sad to say I barely remember him - had to look him up to remind me what he looked like.
However it’s good we are strengthening the attacking options given the lack of goals from our strikers and Liam’s perhaps understandable reluctance to use his son and Newell too intensively at this stage of their careers.
exile

Post by exile »

Looks a decent signing to me. I thought he did well in his first spell. Welcome back...
Brianm

Post by Brianm »

Welcome back Jordan!
I think he will do a good job for us and score a few important goals, just what we need.
Now, just a good attacking midfielder and we've cracked it. Come on Liam, find that man!
Pirate Jim

Post by Pirate Jim »

Yes we need that strong, attacking midfielder to complete the jigsaw. I’m happy with the signing of Jordan. He is tall, pacy and has an eye for goal. I think Niall should be used as an out and out winger. Really looking forward to giving it a go against York tonight.
Halfway Liner

Post by Halfway Liner »

Welcome back to the club, Jordan. Also, Happy Birthday for tomorrow!
Big Mac 1985

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Halfway Liner wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:55 am Welcome back to the club, Jordan. Also, Happy Birthday for tomorrow!
Someone's been on Wikipedia! Haha!
David_1276

Post by David_1276 »

Alan Spences Pupil wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:00 pm
David_1276 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:31 pm An excellent acquisition no doubt, Jordan was incredibly impressive during his last spell at the club
Was he ?......A tall target man as far as I remember lets hope he sets the world on fie.... ;)
Well, maybe "excellent" overdid it, but he looked a big improvement over Sampson (which to me at least, didn't take much) and I think people model him as more of a scorer than an assisting striker, I stand by he's an excellent piece of business. :)
Alan Spences Pupil

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

We all wish him well David, here's hoping he can get 10 goals from 20 matches as before that will do for starters...
cobby7

Post by cobby7 »

Is our log in number the same as the original one we were issued for every home game?
cobby7

Post by cobby7 »

cobby7 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:03 pm Is our log in number the same as the original one we were issued for every home game? Which took me three games to decipher.