Gloucester City

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Paulisi

Gloucester City

Post by Paulisi »

Gloucester City, who have bank rolled themselves to the top of the league and are full time( train 3 mornings a week) have allowed their manager to join Chesterfield.

I wonder if any of their star players will follow, given they cited he was the reason they joined in the first place.
Gloucester

Re: Gloucester City

Post by Gloucester »

Gloucester are being very cagey on this saying very little.
Alan Spences Pupil

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

They also lost at Goatshead tonight....
Gloucester

Post by Gloucester »

Tim Flowers being interviewed
Gloucester

Post by Gloucester »

Paulisi wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:40 pm Gloucester City, who have bank rolled themselves to the top of the league and are full time( train 3 mornings a week) have allowed their manager to join Chesterfield.

I wonder if any of their star players will follow, given they cited he was the reason they joined in the first place.
First one leaves striker Asante to Chesterfield
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

No surprise.
Gloucester

Post by Gloucester »

Lost again
becbee

Post by becbee »

Gloucester wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:12 pm
Paulisi wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:40 pm Gloucester City, who have bank rolled themselves to the top of the league and are full time( train 3 mornings a week) have allowed their manager to join Chesterfield.

According to Chesterfield message board, undisclosed fee and agreement not to sign any other existing Gloucester players.
Alan Spences Pupil

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

Rowe won his first match in charge plus Asante scored on debut.....for Chesterfield, cant believe they are in the National League!
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

becbee wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:27 pm

According to Chesterfield message board, undisclosed fee and agreement not to sign any other existing Gloucester players.
Surely such a rule breaches employment laws? It could stunt a players career development, if you prevent them from moving to a higher league!
Fr. Ted Crilly

Post by Fr. Ted Crilly »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:55 pm
becbee wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:27 pm

Surely such a rule breaches employment laws? It could stunt a players career development, if you prevent them from moving to a higher league!
They'd probably argue that any Gloucester player could move to all of the clubs at a higher level with the exception of just one.
Ste_B

Post by Ste_B »

Does football even follow employment law?

I’ve never been the best employee but I don’t recall ever being fined for anything.