Post by portchat »

Sorry it’s a bit late!!
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Re: Southport 0 - 0 Alfreton

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Here we go again😟
Difficult to see any improvement on previous games.
Falkland yellow
----------
----------

Post by Falkland yellow »

Game management:

SFC: 0%
Alfreton: 100%

Shots on target:
SFC: 0
Alfreton: 2

Starting to get to Liam as much as it is to the fans.
Paulisi
----------
----------

Re: Southport 0 - 1 Alfreton

Post by Paulisi »

Morgan anonymous again.
No quality in the final third.
CFORD-SIX
----------
----------

Post by CFORD-SIX »

We just look short of ideas on how to create chances.
Noel talking a lot of sense alongside Rob.
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Yes Noel-Rob good double act
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

Despite the equaliser it was so depressing. Looks like a relegation fight is all we have ahead.
Sgreen1234
Call Me Steve
Call Me Steve

Post by Sgreen1234 »

A deserved point in the end.

Thought we were much better than Weds. 179 minutes without a shot on goal until Archer came on, 2 shots, 1 goal.

The rest of the game, Woods looked really good but the front line lack confidence until the 93rd minute.

Personally, I think we need to do something different but I doubt we will. Morgan looks much better higher up the pitch so I’d start the lad on loan from Blackpool and play him deep to allow that.

That goal made it feel like a win at the end as we looked to be drifting towards another home defeat.

Excellent and insightful commentary from Rob and Noel.

Perhaps it’s the turning point in form we needed.
Exiled
----------
----------

Re: Southport 1 - 1 Alfreton

Post by Exiled »

A definite improvement on Wednesday but we still didn’t create an awful lot. Hopefully that late goal will provide the team with a much-needed boost.
Storming1937
----------
----------

Post by Storming1937 »

Much better performance, but when chance come, they usually go over the bar, Was that 4,42
old gold and black
----------
----------

Post by old gold and black »

Who appointed that referee, absolute disgrace and there seems to be a lot at this level. Nobody goes to a football match to be entertained by the officials, this guy wasn`t entertaining but he obviously attracted the attention of everyone both on and off the pitch for the wrong reasons.
Churchtown Yellow
----------
----------

Post by Churchtown Yellow »

Poor first half - much better second half when we used the green thing on the ground. Ultimately Alfreton left with a point and a player more than they deserved. We’re not a bad footballing side when we get it on the deck.

A special word on the referee - wow. 75 minutes to book a keeper wasting minutes by time wasting from minute 1 (to be fair they came for a point and they got it), yellow for a studs up tackle on Adam Anson and including the 90 seconds their player spent down in added time as part of the five minutes added on. A truly inept official (though not the reason we failed to win), I’m sure we’ll see him in the football league in a couple of seasons!
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

What a poor apology for a Football match, time wasters Shocking weak Ref v a Rudderless kick & rush 11, is this the best that can be served up, just about a fair result but apart from the goal we created virtually zero yet again. Do the team train together & have a plan on this showing the up & under rules, terrible McCarthy or whoever is charge at Haig Ave on the pitch, what a total let down for the Backroom Volunteers & Secretarial Staff who are First Class......
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

Some positive comments above, but I have seen nothing in the last few games that gives me much, if any, reason to be optimistic. Its early days, but I am fearful of the outcome.
CFORD-SIX
----------
----------

Post by CFORD-SIX »

Redrobe fan wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:31 pm Some positive comments above, but I have seen nothing in the last few games that gives me much, if any, reason to be optimistic. Its early days, but I am fearful of the outcome.
Agreed. Without Archer's predatory strike (and remember he was the only one who stretched the keeper a few minutes before) we looked toothless upfront. The last few games have me worried as to how this season will ultimately finish.
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

We scored a goal, but created very little all match.
The midfield were anonymous and we ended up booting diagonal balls to the forwards, who hardly won a header between them.
We are so predictable as we either go diagonal long ball or build up down the sides and swing hopeful crosses in.
We have no-one prepared to put their foot on the ball in midfield and drive at their backline.

However, on the positive side - that is the correct back line.
Connor Woods was lively when he had ball to feet and a little space.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

Yes, Paulisi, Connor was lively - but that is what he is there for. The others ought to look lively too.
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

A better performance than Tuesday with at least some variation in forward balls seeing as Newell & Woods played. Also, the substitutes proved that we need to get Vasallo in the side more often as he can pick a pass & Archer is our main striker as at least he has goal attempts.
In the end we deserved the draw but I agree with others above it still doesn’t suggest a lot of optimism for the rest of the season.
Dewsnip
----------
----------

Post by Dewsnip »

Newell had some good touches and lay offs. Dylan needs a run in the team. I don’t share the positivity about Benjamin I’m afraid. The new loan lad needs to play he looks good. Anson was MOM I reckon. Overall better than Wednesday, and the more recent matches, but it needs to get a lot better.
Sgreen1234
Call Me Steve
Call Me Steve

Post by Sgreen1234 »

Agree about Archer and Vasillo but both started on weds and were anonymous.

That new lad had very quick feet in the one touch and go that he had. Potentially he could be really good as he’s used to playing at a faster pace than this. We have to try something different as just rotating the current squad but playing the same way is going nowhere fast.