Social distancing alfreton a joke

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Liamsbodyguard

Social distancing alfreton a joke

Post by Liamsbodyguard »

Before I kick proper,a point at home at last let's improve on that Liam.
My moan is this covid 19 in the ground work very well on Wednesday but saturday was a disaster,the lack of social distancing was a joke, people costing up to me instead of 1 metre apart was worrying for me some other supporters felt the as me.when halftime came I went down to speak to the stewards in charge of the jack Carr stand where I was I was told they had already tried to move people away from each other but they in fact only supporters at the front of the stand were their didn't seem to be a problem, also a minority of supporter's where constantly walking around the ground with no face coverings however they were told time and time this is worrying did anyone else encounter problems?
Liamisdoingagreatjob

Re: Social distancing alfreton a joke

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

I thought it was generally really good. At the end in the stand a few people got a bit close coming out but had masks on. More impatience than dangerous. Let's not forget it's open air and not people in enclosed space for a long while

The very few moving around without masks were possibly exempt (i only saw 2 across the two games).

I think the club have done a great job on this side of things. It feels a lot safer than going to any of the nearby supermarkets where every time I go there are multiple idiots clearly and arrogantly not giving a damn about anyone else (and they're of all ages).

I also think fan behaviour has been very good in adhering to the ask from the club...
kiaken

Post by kiaken »

Always some who think the rules don't apply to them,if told they could not wear masks they would put one on.
A lot of work was done by club to get us back into ground. Thanks for that.
becbee

Post by becbee »

Weymouth had their capacity cut to 450 after their first match with fans because a minority didn't follow Covid rules. There again, the idiot few also took alcohol into the ground and smoked, also someone ran onto the pitch.

The problem for them was that their match was live on BT Sport.

However, it does / should send out a warning to fans of all clubs that if the local constabulary get wind of offences, fans being allowed in is put at risk. The senseless minority can ruin things for the law- abiding majority.
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

Moved into tier 3, so no home supporters again.
Liamisdoingagreatjob

Suspect all leagues below will pack the season in too. Making promotion and relegation to npl and therefore conference north a bit of a farce.
Really can’t see how leagues like north west counties or npl can continue...
Phila9037

Post by Phila9037 »

Northwest Counties suspended

First of many I suspect

League fixtures suspended until further notice.

https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8352
yellowfever

Post by yellowfever »

50000 infections and nearly 1000 deaths reported due to Covid today.
Football is the elephant in the room here that thd Govt dare'nt say anything against due to the unpopularity it would cause amongst it's precious electorate.The fact is that due to those figures-football ar present shouldn't be taking place anywhere at ANY level.
Formula Port

Post by Formula Port »

yellowfever wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:44 pm 50000 infections and nearly 1000 deaths reported due to Covid today.
Football is the elephant in the room here that thd Govt dare'nt say anything against due to the unpopularity it would cause amongst it's precious electorate.The fact is that due to those figures-football ar present shouldn't be taking place anywhere at ANY level.
Overhyped nonsense
Liamisdoingagreatjob

Formula Port wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:15 pm
yellowfever wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:44 pm 50000 infections and nearly 1000 deaths reported due to Covid today.
Overhyped nonsense
That’s a very insensitive and unnecessary response with many people on here who will know people who’ve died of this, myself included (I know several people no longer with us). We all want football to go on, I certainly do, but ultimately some things are more important.
Perhaps take a few minutes to think about your response next time...
Formula Port

Post by Formula Port »

Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:34 am
Overhyped nonsense
That’s a very insensitive and unnecessary response with many people on here who will know people who’ve died of this, myself included (I know several people no longer with us). We all want football to go on, I certainly do, but ultimately some things are more important.
If you changed the name of covid to flu nobody would be batting an eyelid
Exiled

Post by Exiled »

Formula Port wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:04 pm

Overhyped nonsense
I think they would given that a substantially higher proportion of people are dying as a result of Covid, including people much younger than those that are at risk of dying from flu.
SfcFPA

Post by SfcFPA »

Formula Port wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:04 pm If you changed the name of covid to flu nobody would be batting an eyelid
I'm going to assume that wasn't a serious point and that 9 months into a pandemic you're not still Ill informed enough to think that covid and the flu are the same thing.
Redrobe fan

Post by Redrobe fan »

Formula Port wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:04 pm

Overhyped nonsense
You can be sure that at least 60,000 of us wouldn’t bat an eyelid.
Formula Port

Post by Formula Port »

SfcFPA wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:37 pm
Formula Port wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:04 pm If you changed the name of covid to flu nobody would be batting an eyelid
I'm going to assume that wasn't a serious point and that 9 months into a pandemic you're not still Ill informed enough to think that covid and the flu are the same thing.
Working in the health industry I’m well aware of what this all is. I also know more than what the MSM are feeding everyone and I wish more people did.
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Formula Port wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:23 pm
Working in the health industry I’m well aware of what this all is. I also know more than what the MSM are feeding everyone and I wish more people did.
I wondered how long it would be before this sort of garbage arrived on Port Chat.
You'll be calling us sheeple and telling us to do our own research next.

I don't know what you do but we generally don't refer to health as an industry in this country.
Liamsbodyguard

Post by Liamsbodyguard »

I see the Spanish are considering setting a list up of people who don't want to take the vaccine injection when offered it perhaps we should set something up in our country of a similar nature then these covid19 disbelievers will discover then that they will not be allowed to travel abroad,not receive travel insurance even some benefits may not given and all because they didn't have a simple injection.
Formula Port

Post by Formula Port »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:46 pm
Formula Port wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:23 pm
I wondered how long it would be before this sort of garbage arrived on Port Chat.
You'll be calling us sheeple and telling us to do our own research next.

I don't know what you do but we generally don't refer to health as an industry in this country.
Please don’t label me as the same as the Facebook warriors calling everyone sheeple. The issues arise when boxing people off into predefined categories start.

Unfortunately it has become an industry to some.
cavjj

Post by cavjj »