Curzon - Boxing Day

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Port on the Kent

Curzon - Boxing Day

Post by Port on the Kent »

Anyone bothering?

Given the impending lockdown that is likely to come after Christmas or in early January, I imagine this will be the last chance to attend before the walls come up again. I am stuck somewhere between taking advantage of what will probably be the final opportunity to watch live football for a while... or asking myself what is the point, if this is likely to be it.

Then there's the issue about whether the season will be played to its conclusion or the whole thing will count for nothing, although our elite classification helps in that regard.
yellowfever

Re: Curzon - Boxing Day

Post by yellowfever »

You're probably right POTK..
It's all been a bit political for the Liverpool region to end up in tier 2 anyway,but
yellowfever

Post by yellowfever »

You're probably right POTK..
It's all been a bit political for the Liverpool region to end up in tier 2 anyway, but as you say it seems only a matter of time before that is changed.I think it's amazing that footie has got off the ground in the first place at our level-and I still think that this season should have been mothballed but understand why the season started- and fair play to everyone giving it a go.I'll go for the first time on Boxing Day (hopefully). I don't doubt SFC with the procedures in place but you do wonder about whether other clubs are testing regularly and are following guidelines? For example-you could see Chorley pulling out of their FA Cup tie with Derby County if they got a negative issue in their camp-not? Just saying-it's all a bit hit and miss IMHO, up in to the EFL as well...It's a very difficult situation for everybody though.
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

I suspect it may be the last time we see crowds at sporting events for sometime until the numbers start declining.
A review is due at the end of the month, but expect either a full lockdown or significantly more areas in tier 3 & 4.
The numbers in Sefton and Liverpool District are rising.

Make the most of boxing day, whilst you can, as long as you are comfortable with the associated risks
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

I bought tickets last night and the Grandstand and Jack Carr Stand were sold out.
badger

Post by badger »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:15 pm I bought tickets last night and the Grandstand and Jack Carr Stand were sold out.
Well looks like heavy rain on boxing day . ;)
Liamisdoingagreatjob

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

Paulisi wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:19 pm I suspect it may be the last time we see crowds at sporting events for sometime until the numbers start declining.
A review is due at the end of the month, but expect either a full lockdown or significantly more areas in tier 3 & 4.
The numbers in Sefton and Liverpool District are rising.

Make the most of boxing day, whilst you can, as long as you are comfortable with the associated risks
More comfortable with any risks than those at my local supermarket still. Especially if the covidiots who don’t usually eat salad start stockpiling it !

Agree rates are rising but it’s amazing how low we are now in the national rankings against other authorities. In football terms we’ve gone from being near top to just above relegation zone. No room for complacency though...
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

badger wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:05 am
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:15 pm I bought tickets last night and the Grandstand and Jack Carr Stand were sold out.
Light rain.
Can't be any worse than they away end at Doncaster Rovers 20 years ago with no coat.
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

Chester, Brackley and Kettering now moving into tier 3 so no move crowds for them for now...5 left with crowds in our league.

Make the most of the games whilst you can.
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

Who are the other 4 ??🧐
Liamisdoingagreatjob

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

Paulisi wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:39 pm Chester, Brackley and Kettering now moving into tier 3 so no move crowds for them for now...5 left with crowds in our league.

Make the most of the games whilst you can.
Let’s not call them crowds.....!!
Attendees sounds better at the moment.

Fingers crossed 2021 is better for all...
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

TrickyDicky wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:15 pm Who are the other 4 ??🧐
York, Hereford, Telford and Kiddy
Unibond Awakes

Post by Unibond Awakes »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:30 am
Light rain.
Can't be any worse than they away end at Doncaster Rovers 20 years ago with no coat.
Yep I remember getting soaked too but we won didn’t we 1-0? We always did well v Doncaster until the last season they were in non league
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Unibond Awakes wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:22 pm

Light rain.
Yep I remember getting soaked too but we won didn’t we 1-0? We always did well v Doncaster until the last season they were in non league
The occasion I got drenched was the FA Cup tie when Lee Elam salvaged a replay with a fine solo goal. We won the replay.
Ste_B

Post by Ste_B »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:17 pm
Light rain.
The occasion I got drenched was the FA Cup tie when Lee Elam salvaged a replay with a fine solo goal. We won the replay.
Someone kindly gave me a bin bag to put over me to help keep me dry. One of Brian Bennett’s crew. Whatever happened to them?
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Ste_B wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:28 pm

Someone kindly gave me a bin bag to put over me to help keep me dry. One of Brian Bennett’s crew. Whatever happened to them?
Presumably they were all arrested for trying to suffocate people.
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Light rain.
A total soaking, but a magical day! Didn't Elam end up in the crowd as he couldn't stop after finishing it was so slippy?
Churchtown Yellow

Post by Churchtown Yellow »

This was the season we played Doncaster 4 times in about 2 weeks - once in the league and conference cup and twice in the FA Cup.
Alan Spences Pupil

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

Merry Christmas to all Southport FC supporters wherever you are, let us hope to put 2020 away at Haig Ave with a resounding win, we all need it.....
Stay safe here's hoping for a better future in 2021...
yellowfever

Post by yellowfever »

We have to start imposing ourselves in home games on the opposition-it's our home ground....Curzon will love our pitch, come and knock it about, pass pass pass-we should know what to expect...
Good luck to the team tomoz..