Main subforum for all things Southport FC
PR9

AFC Fylde Away

Post by PR9 »

Just been P-P due to a covid event within our squad
Paulisi

Re: AFC Fylde Away

Post by Paulisi »

Liam mentioned illness within the squad in the podcast.
Seems strange that we were allowed to play yesterday.
Kenickie

Post by Kenickie »

Paulisi wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:35 pm Liam mentioned illness within the squad in the podcast.
Hopefully the players/staff concerned are ok and they get a negative result. Presumably the illness referenced was definitively non-covid and this is separate issue. As you say I can't imagine we would have been allowed, or wished, to play if it was anything else.

A side note - I think Connor Woods received a yellow card yesterday for running behind the goal and embracing fans after he scored. I thought it a little reckless at the time given it caused a pretty big breach of fans social distancing - more so now.
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Best wishes to all the players and staff affected, and their families.
Liamisdoingagreatjob

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

Kenickie wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:45 pm
Paulisi wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:35 pm Liam mentioned illness within the squad in the podcast.
Hopefully the players/staff concerned are ok and they get a negative result. Presumably the illness referenced was definitively non-covid and this is separate issue. As you say I can't imagine we would have been allowed, or wished, to play if it was anything else.

A side note - I think Connor Woods received a yellow card yesterday for running behind the goal and embracing fans after he scored. I thought it a little reckless at the time given it caused a pretty big breach of fans social distancing - more so now.
Does underline the importance of always being careful. Probably just his natural reaction at the time though.
However If you want to see how ignorant and selfish some players can really be look up ‘St Blazey fc’ from Cornwall and their recent antics.... disgraceful and shameful.
SteH90

Post by SteH90 »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:00 pm Best wishes to all the players and staff affected, and their families.
Seconded
Kenickie

Post by Kenickie »

Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:17 am
Does underline the importance of always being careful. Probably just his natural reaction at the time though.
However If you want to see how ignorant and selfish some players can really be look up ‘St Blazey fc’ from Cornwall and their recent antics.... disgraceful and shameful.
Agreed...I've seen the St Blazey thing before and that's something else entirely. Despicable behaviour and reaction when called out on it.
kiaken

Post by kiaken »

Hope players and families are okay and no further problems.
Sandgrounder SE

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

I'm sure young, fit players are in no danger, but you do hope they've been sensible in relation to other family members, unlike some of the Premier League players we've read about.
We've been lucky to get so far into the season without infection. I suppose that's potentially the next two games off as well. And, with the possibility of another complete lockdown, Tier 4 apparently not being enough, I think it only too likely that this season will be decided on points per game. We are currently 17th on that basis, and whenever we get back to playing we'll need to get a good few more points on the board to feel at all safe.
PR9

Post by PR9 »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:31 pm I'm sure young, fit players are in no danger, but you do hope they've been sensible in relation to other family members, unlike some of the Premier League players we've read about.
We've been lucky to get so far into the season without infection. I suppose that's potentially the next two games off as well. And, with the possibility of another complete lockdown, Tier 4 apparently not being enough, I think it only too likely that this season will be decided on points per game. We are currently 17th on that basis, and whenever we get back to playing we'll need to get a good few more points on the board to feel at all safe.
I could be wrong but I’m sure that the £1000 per employee bonus got pulled when furlough got extended