Carry on football!

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
yellowfever

Carry on football!

Post by yellowfever »

What an absolute joke.
Yet another government "lockown" in NAME only.
At this rate, we'll still be dealing with this "Covid situation" in 2022.
Four iron

Re: Carry on football!

Post by Four iron »

What do you want them to do?
Big Mac 1985

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Very peculiar thread, this. Titled, 'carry on football', but it's just a moan at the government. Haha.
Swad Deutsche Port

Post by Swad Deutsche Port »

Damned if they don’t, damned if they do!

There has been no pandemic like this for over 100 years and yet everyone expects the response to be right first time! Still amazed that football hasn’t been suspended despite the testing regimes.
Exiled

Post by Exiled »

It's true that these are "unprecedented circumstances" and I'm sure it's impossible to get things spot on, but there is absolutely no doubt that the government has made a mess of things time and time again (sending primary school children back for one day is just the latest example).
Big Mac 1985

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Can we have this thread removed please, mods? It has nothing to do with Southport FC.
yellowfever

Post by yellowfever »

Big Mac 1985 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:24 pm Can we have this thread removed please, mods? It has nothing to do with Southport FC.
On what grounds?
It has everything to do with Southport FC being involved as a 6th tier club.
You want this thread removing just because you don't agree with me?
Big Mac 1985

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Whether I agree or not with you is totally irrelevant.
Ronnie Hotdogs

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Big Mac 1985 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:29 pm Very peculiar thread, this. Titled, 'carry on football', but it's just a moan at the government. Haha.
I would watch Carry On Football. Roy Hodgson has a naturally put-upon kind of demeanour, I could definitely see him in a hospital trolley rolling down some stairs. You could also have Allardyce in as some kind of Sid James figure, possibly running a suggestive hot dog concession.

Plenty of scope for poor-quality innuendo as well:

Scoring
Coming from behind
Two up front
Long balls
Arsenal

I am happy to work up a first draft over lockdown, even though merely writing the above list has cost me yet another monocle.
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

I'm just waiting for Sturgeon (not Rob) to resign so that Johnson (not John) can resign a couple of days later.
yellowfever

Post by yellowfever »

Big Mac 1985 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:00 pm Whether I agree or not with you is totally irrelevant.
No it's not.
Everybody in ths Country is being asked to restrict their every day life -and yet football-yes bloody football is carrying on just to satisfy the sponsors. Well sorry if you disagree, but for me every day normality and life is more important than football and that won't happen while policy on these matters is so casual.
Big Mac 1985

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Dear oh dear.
Hat Trick Patrick

Post by Hat Trick Patrick »

As I understand it it is only "elite" football, i.e.6th tier and above, which can carry on. That could mean that the leagues below us will have to be abandoned again, in which case we won't have to worry about being relegated. There's always a silver lining.
GeorgeCarrExcavation

Post by GeorgeCarrExcavation »

yellowfever wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:14 pm
Big Mac 1985 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:00 pm Whether I agree or not with you is totally irrelevant.
No it's not.
Everybody in ths Country is being asked to restrict their every day life -and yet football-yes bloody football is carrying on just to satisfy the sponsors. Well sorry if you disagree, but for me every day normality and life is more important than football and that won't happen while policy on these matters is so casual.
Given that there's not much else to do, it's very welcome being able to watch all these televised matches. It's even too cold to go out cycling now!
yellowfever

Post by yellowfever »

Big Mac 1985 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:30 pm Dear oh dear.
You asked for my legitimate thread to be removed from this website-which I object to.
yellosoul

Post by yellosoul »

I'm happy for fit, professional athletes to continue to entertain us via the safety of our TV and computer screens during these dreadful times

Though including National League North teams within this category does stretch credibility a bit
Alan Spences Pupil

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

:roll: I see the season of goodwill is over then........For Pete's sake lads .......oh my God I hope Pete's not offended by taking his name in vain...
yellowfever

Post by yellowfever »

It's called free speech ASP...

I don't agree with everything that you say on here and no doubt you likewise with me.

That"s fine.

The difference is though-that I don't come on asking for your thread/comment to be deleted (as happened above) just because I don't like what your saying.
Redrobe fan

Post by Redrobe fan »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:12 pm I'm just waiting for Sturgeon (not Rob) to resign so that Johnson (not John) can resign a couple of days later.
I dont get that, RR, but I support the suggested outcome.

Anyway, I preferred her in The Krankies.
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Redrobe fan wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:49 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:12 pm I'm just waiting for Sturgeon (not Rob) to resign so that Johnson (not John) can resign a couple of days later.
I dont get that, RR, but I support the suggested outcome.

Anyway, I preferred her in The Krankies.
I was suggesting one follows where the other leads whilst clarifying that I wasn't referring to former Southport players with the same surnames.