Carry on football!

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Re: Carry on football!

Post by TrickyDicky »

Listening to Ian , who does an excellent job, I’m livid about those cheap skates Torquay who are not bothered about testing but happy for a less well off club to pay for it instead. I hope their season implodes starting Saturday . We should have it on condition that the winner pays for the testing
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

Yeh-paying for top of the National League Torquay players testing with "prize" money from the tie.So financially, probably out of pocket straight away...

Perhaps we should pay for their overnight hotel stay in Southport too?

I hope the planned meeting tonight between National North/South clubs come up with a unanimous decision.
yellosoul
----------
----------

Post by yellosoul »

becbee wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:14 am NLN /S clubs have been told that they have to resume playing on Saturday.

As for the PR9 issue, I agree Torquay shouldn't be expected to travel. However we all know that if they refuse to do so they will be deemed to have forfeited their place and Southport will go though to the next round by default.
It's farcical that they are being ALLOWED to travel and stay overnight. Absolutely crazy
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

yellowfever wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:55 pm

Yes, as long as it's Pontins.
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:20 pm

I’ll raise you with PR9 🥷🏻
tonyhey
----------
----------

Post by tonyhey »

It’s absolutely outrageous that Torquay are refusing to test their players and staff, but they are prepared to let a smaller, less well off club pay to make sure that THEY are kept as safe as is possible. Shameful attitude when our club is pulling out all the stops to ensure the health and well-being of everyone involved in the game.
john riley

Post by john riley »

One Southport are not perfect seem to remember one of the few games that spectators were allowed in Southport player ran to the fans who had run to wall and was high fiving them no social distancing. Two football does not live in the real world in any way shape or form
YTT
----------
----------

Post by YTT »

According to AFC Fylde it only costs £150 a team to test and they are doing it twice a week.

£5.25 per test. Explains the negative press surrounding lateral flow testing reliability. Their whole statement makes your skin crawl.
Unibond Awakes
----------
----------

Post by Unibond Awakes »

yellowfever wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:55 pm Yeh-paying for top of the National League Torquay players testing with "prize" money from the tie.So financially, probably out of pocket straight away...

I hope the planned meeting tonight between National North/South clubs come up with a unanimous decision.
It begs the question why are on earth are SFC paying for a test for the likes of a full time team like Torquay...I don’t get it

On a similar vein we need more board members going forward ASAP to support Ian Kyle
tonyhey
----------
----------

Post by tonyhey »

Unibond Awakes wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:12 pm
yellowfever wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:55 pm Yeh-paying for top of the National League Torquay players testing with "prize" money from the tie.So financially, probably out of pocket straight away...

It begs the question why are on earth are SFC paying for a test for the likes of a full time team like Torquay...I don’t get it

On a similar vein we need more board members going forward ASAP to support Ian Kyle
Because we are a responsible club concerned with the health and well-being of EVERYONE involved with the game, unlike Torquay who don’t seem to give a damn.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:20 pm

Ha ha-yeh it's good enough for the British Army so it shouldn't be above Torquay having a bit of the fawlty towers experience...
John Glendenning
Best Landlord Ever
Best Landlord Ever

Post by John Glendenning »

Ian Kyle speaking good sense (unlike several in the National league).
https://southportfc.net/wp-content/uplo ... b-2021.mp3
PortDan1121
----------
----------

Post by PortDan1121 »

TrickyDicky wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:02 pm I’m livid about those cheap skates Torquay who are not bothered about testing but happy for a less well off club to pay for it instead. I hope their season implodes starting Saturday .
Think the implode started last night. Lost 2-1 at home to 10-man Alty.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Torquay and safety.
Last time we played there, i had my little rucksack with all the essentials for a day out, discman, cds, hip flask etc. On the way to the ground i spotted a glass paperweight in a charity shop which i bought to add to my collection. On arrival at the ground a steward asked to have a look in by bag, so I mentioned the paperweight (a deadly missile in the wrong hands) and he said it was no problem, adding I will have to confiscate this though. I thought he meant my hip flask, but no, it was my lynx underarm !. Work that one out !.
Pontins is too good for them, how about under the far end of the pier !. Their actions ref testing are beyond contempt. Hopefully no hotel will accept them.
ferrarilover

Post by ferrarilover »

Where are you all hearing this about Torquay?
GeorgeCarrExcavation
----------
----------

Post by GeorgeCarrExcavation »

ferrarilover wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:20 pm Where are you all hearing this about Torquay?
https://southportfc.net/wp-content/uplo ... b-2021.mp3
ferrarilover

Post by ferrarilover »

There's absolutely nothing in that interview to support the view that Torquay are 'happy to let a smaller club pay for their testing'.

The chairman has made the offer. We don't know whether it has been accepted, whether that has prompted Torquay to do their own testing, or if it has changed nothing.

The risk is extremely low anyway. Torquay and the surrounding area has very low rates of the disease, and asymptomatic outdoor transmission is not thought to be a significant risk (especially compared with indoor transmission).

I really wouldn't get yourselves so wound up about it.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

ferrarilover wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:35 pm There's absolutely nothing in that interview to support the view that Torquay are 'happy to let a smaller club pay for their testing'.

The chairman has made the offer. We don't know whether it has been accepted, whether that has prompted Torquay to do their own testing, or if it has changed nothing.

The risk is extremely low anyway. Torquay and the surrounding area has very low rates of the disease, and asymptomatic outdoor transmission is not thought to be a significant risk (especially compared with indoor transmission).

I really wouldn't get yourselves so wound up about it.
Have you seen the news this week or have you been out of the Country?
Southport PR9? Ring any bells?
As a team who think they belong in the EFL I would have thought testing would be a regular thing?
Southport FC are taking player/staff welfare seriously-I along with most fans agree with that.
The game shouldn't be going ahead in this pandemic-fact...
YTT
----------
----------

Post by YTT »

I’m so confused as to where we are at and what’s going on.

Youth loans arriving, is that just in case needed or with intention of playing?

Rumours galore flying about activity at the club this week.

See a number of clubs have now made statements saying they won’t be playing again until the mess is sorted. Expectation being ultimately null and void will follow.

I can’t see how we can contemplate playing the Trophy game this weekend and expect we get clarification over the coming hours from the club?
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

ferrarilover wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:35 pm
The risk is extremely low anyway. Torquay and the surrounding area has very low rates of the disease.
As a resident of said area, you don't have to go far to find 10 people vehemently opposed to excessive travel to high risk areas. The risk from Torquay is low but for that reason the risk TO Torquay is high!