Darlington off

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Paulisi

Darlington off

Post by Paulisi »

2 positive cases in our squad. Match called off.
PortDan1121

Re: Darlington off

Post by PortDan1121 »

Sad to see. We haven't played a game since boxing day. I take the re-arranged Curzon game on Tuesday is also pretty likely to be off also.
Tangled Up In Yellow

Post by Tangled Up In Yellow »

PortDan1121 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:25 pm Sad to see. We haven't played a game since boxing day. I take the re-arranged Curzon game on Tuesday is also pretty likely to be off also.
Yes, rest of squad isolating until midnight next Tuesday.
Redrobe fan

Post by Redrobe fan »

I suppose that the two sufferers will be out for a while.
Ronnie Hotdogs

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I can't see any way this season's going to finish, sadly.
PortDan1121

Post by PortDan1121 »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:58 pm I can't see any way this season's going to finish, sadly.
Its the number of games in hand that worries me. Darlington has played 6 games less than most teams that have played 16 now. The Port has played 14. With the current schedules already busy for sides with this squeezed season that only started in October rather than the start of August. I do wonder how teams are going to reschedule all these postponed games in. I feel the season will once again be judged on points per game.
Ronnie Hotdogs

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I don't think it'll get that far if we carry on having this number of games called off - null and void looks more likely. Presumably we can't relegate anyone if the division below doesn't complete, and they are months behind now. If clubs are starting to ask for the league to be suspended and games are being called off every week the league will have to make a decision soon.
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

Step 3 - 6 will not finish in their current format.
The elite leagues including NL should, but only due to financial pressures I.e sponsors and broadcasters where financial penalties may occur.
How it will pan out who knows, but this Christmas wave seems to have stabilised/peaked now.
tonyhey

Post by tonyhey »

Paulisi wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:58 pm Step 3 - 6 will not finish in their current format.
The elite leagues including NL should, but only due to financial pressures I.e sponsors and broadcasters where financial penalties may occur.
How it will pan out who knows, but this Christmas wave seems to have stabilised/peaked now.
Where on Earth have you got that idea from, given that another 1100+ deaths have been announced in the past 24 hours?
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

Positive tests, not deaths - deaths lag by several weeks.
Look at the graphs of positive tests by date taken, not recorded.
Port on the Kent

Post by Port on the Kent »

My primary concern is the league stumbles on for a few more weeks before being settled by PPG or after one round of fixtures. In that eventuality, we only need lose our next two or three games and we could be finished. The next league game, whenever that is, is massive. With the threat of early curtailment, this season is like musical chairs, and we do not want to be caught in the bottom two on PPG when the music stops, which we are perilously close to being at the moment.
Ronnie Hotdogs

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I don't think they will use PPG unless most of the season has been played.
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Port on the Kent wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:50 pm My primary concern is the league stumbles on for a few more weeks before being settled by PPG or after one round of fixtures. In that eventuality, we only need lose our next two or three games and we could be finished. The next league game, whenever that is, is massive. With the threat of early curtailment, this season is like musical chairs, and we do not want to be caught in the bottom two on PPG when the music stops, which we are perilously close to being at the moment.
I can't see any justification in settling a league by PPG where so few games have taken place.
It was fair enough last season where clubs had played between 35-39 games out of 46 and those games had all been played in normal circumstances.
To decide a league where less than half the games have been played and where some clubs have had the benefit of fans in for some games would be ludicrous.
Null and void should be the only option. And I'd say the same if we were top of the league.
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

We will play all the fixtures.
Formula Port

Post by Formula Port »

Redrobe fan wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:51 pm I suppose that the two sufferers will be out for a while.
What makes you say that? Not everyone who has Covid is on a ventilator hanging on for life like the government would have you believe.
Tangled Up In Yellow

Post by Tangled Up In Yellow »

Formula Port wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:28 pm
Redrobe fan wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:51 pm I suppose that the two sufferers will be out for a while.
What makes you say that? Not everyone who has Covid is on a ventilator hanging on for life like the government would have you believe.
When did the government say that everyone who has covid is on a ventilator, and who said it?
Ronnie Hotdogs

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Tangled Up In Yellow wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:57 pm
When did the government say that everyone who has covid is on a ventilator, and who said it?
Probably George Soros.
Redrobe fan

Post by Redrobe fan »

The full range of symptoms and outcomes of this disease are well known.
Weve been told that the two affected players are not symptomless.
If so, they will certainly not be in the peak health required of a professional athlete. Hopefully they will quickly recover, but even mild symptoms often linger. We will have to see how these individuals fare.

The Government has never said that all infecteds suffer severe illness.
They routinely tell us how many cases, how many hospitalised and how many fatalities. From those numbers its clear that not all cases are hospitalised and not all hospitalisation are fatal. They also have a good idea of how many symptomless cases there are in addition.
GeorgeCarrExcavation

Post by GeorgeCarrExcavation »

Redrobe fan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:41 am
The full range of symptoms and outcomes of this disease are well known.
I can categorically guarantee that nobody on this planet knows the "full range of outcomes" of covid19.
Redrobe fan

Post by Redrobe fan »

Of course, GCE, knowledge and understanding of the disease will expand over time.