Fanzone

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Bobby

Fanzone

Post by Bobby »

Good to see work finally starting on this, hopefully a good facility to improve the matchday experience.

Does anybody know how big it will be? Similar size to the club shop?
jackcarr

Re: Fanzone

Post by jackcarr »

What's actually going to be going on in there, does anyone know?
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

jackcarr wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:31 pm What's actually going to be going on in there, does anyone know?
Having seen the size of the concrete slab, the answer is not very much
SteH90

Post by SteH90 »

You don’t need much room for a few beer pumps, a food stall and somewhere warm and comfortable to spend time pre-match or half time. A great initiative from the Trust that we’ll come to appreciate & value over the next few years.
port4ever

Post by port4ever »

Will all fans be welcome, TIY members only?
Sand74

Post by Sand74 »

All fans will be welcome.

Will hopefully be a very useful resource for Fans, the Club & the Community.

Look forward to seeing it in place.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

I’ve seen bigger postage stamps
Formula Port

Post by Formula Port »

SteH90 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:39 pm You don’t need much room for a few beer pumps, a food stall and somewhere warm and comfortable to spend time pre-match or half time. A great initiative from the Trust that we’ll come to appreciate & value over the next few years.
I didn't think that was what it was going to be used for as then its basically just another bar?
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Formula Port wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:41 am
SteH90 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:39 pm You don’t need much room for a few beer pumps, a food stall and somewhere warm and comfortable to spend time pre-match or half time. A great initiative from the Trust that we’ll come to appreciate & value over the next few years.

I didn't think that was what it was going to be used for as then its basically just another bar?
As it is a fanzone the fans were asked what they wanted it to be used for.
Formula Port

Post by Formula Port »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:08 pm
Formula Port wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:41 am

As it is a fanzone the fans were asked what they wanted it to be used for.
I understand that part Ralphy and I've no qualms with it being another bar at all. I just seemed to remember there being objections when that idea was suggested. I personally couldn't think of any other use for it!
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

In a rather officious post on Facebook, TIY said:

"The Fanzone will have most of the features you would expect of a bar inside the ground (Sky TV, drinks, tables, chairs).
Once the facility is open and we are able to raise more money the scope of the facility will evolve. It is important to state that the long term plan agreed between TIY board, members and the club is to ensure the facility is multi-functional."

I guess one use the club will have earmarked it for is to use as a classroom for the academy setup when that progresses.
hoofball

Post by hoofball »

Hope the trust will adear with social distancing when the fan zone is FINALLY built
Formula Port

Post by Formula Port »

hoofball wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:22 pm Hope the trust will adear with social distancing when the fan zone is FINALLY built
#herdimmunity