Pride

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Pride

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

I have at various times over the years felt proud to be part of this clubs fanbase, felt proud of the players and staff (such as James T or Ken) and had huge admiration for our tireless army of volunteers.

But before this week I have never felt any sense of pride in the board. They were to be tolerated and at times despised. However this week the attitude that has come from the board statement, Liam's post match interview and Ian's interview with Rob; has been exceptional. They have put the players health and the health of the club above all other concerns and I firmly believe they have done us proud.

When the world is back on it's normal axis there will be those who will come out of it looking self-serving and uncaring. It is heartening to know that our club and our board won't be in that category.

Ian mentioned someone sends him updates from here, if that poster is reading, please pass this on to him.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Re: Pride

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Well said
old gold and black
----------
----------

Post by old gold and black »

I think we all share these sentiments, Ian and Liam cannot be praised enough for their remarks earlier this week it`s a pity those of higher authority don`t listen and show the same duty of care.
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Ian Kyle always comes across really well, IMO. This week has been no exception.
John Glendenning
Best Landlord Ever
Best Landlord Ever

Post by John Glendenning »

Yes, the board have indeed done us all proud. I can not fault any one of them. Ian and Liam have been more than clear about the correct priorities ALL clubs should hold by placing the health and well being of players and staff above finance and petty rule makers. Well said Exiled.
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

Fully agree, Ian, Liam and everyone at the club has been superb during this whole thing and have chosen the correct option for the health and safety of everyone at the club and their families.
mark thomas
----------
----------

Post by mark thomas »

echo all the above.
kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:59 pm I have at various times over the years felt proud to be part of this clubs fanbase, felt proud of the players and staff (such as James T or Ken) and had huge admiration for our tireless army of volunteers.

But before this week I have never felt any sense of pride in the board. They were to be tolerated and at times despised. However this week the attitude that has come from the board statement, Liam's post match interview and Ian's interview with Rob; has been exceptional. They have put the players health and the health of the club above all other concerns and I firmly believe they have done us proud.

When the world is back on it's normal axis there will be those who will come out of it looking self-serving and uncaring. It is heartening to know that our club and our board won't be in that category.

Ian mentioned someone sends him updates from here, if that poster is reading, please pass this on to him.
Yes well done SFC, just hope plenty of people see it.
Sam
----------
----------

Post by Sam »

I'll admit I was one of the few who wondered this Ian Kyle bloke was who came in from seemingly nowhere.

But I think he is the perfect custodian for the club, and exactly what we need right now.
Sgreen1234
Call Me Steve
Call Me Steve

Post by Sgreen1234 »

I concur
mario
----------
----------

Post by mario »

Couldn't agree more
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

Why does he have updates sent to him when he could just join?
Maybe he already has.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Redrobe fan wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:36 am Why does he have updates sent to him when he could just join?
Maybe he already has.
I presume he's a busy man who doesn't have the time to read everything on here.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:30 pm
Redrobe fan wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:36 am Why does he have updates sent to him when he could just join?
Maybe he already has.
What he's missing!
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:30 pm
Maybe he already has.
Damning indictment of the rest of us!
Gloucester
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester »

Well said!
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Club also a vaccination centre in the bar which has been offered free of charge. Good stuff from those involved.
cobby7
----------
----------

Post by cobby7 »

I think it should include a tour or view of the Stadium it might persuade a few new supporters to support the place that could have helped to save their lives.
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

The club as I understood it are providing the Vaccination Centre Facility, to prevent Diptheria Tetanus & Polio, no less important than COVID-19.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Alan Spences Pupil wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:05 pm The club as I understood it are providing the Vaccination Centre Facility, to prevent Diptheria Tetanus & Polio, no less important than COVID-19.
Yes this is routine vaccinations for children that would normally be done at school. My son went for his yesterday.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.