Ben Davies

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
kiaken
----------
----------

Ben Davies

Post by kiaken »

Rumour Ben who was on loan with us is a Liverpool target.
SteH90
----------
----------

Re: Ben Davies

Post by SteH90 »

I’m struggling to remember Ben to be honest but found this article from 2015. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34222724
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55881629

Update from today. In talks. I think transfer window ends tonight
becbee
----------
----------

Post by becbee »

superbike999 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:19 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55881629

Update from today. In talks. I think transfer window ends tonight
Tomorrow evening at 11pm ( due to 31st Jan being a Sunday therefore extended to 1st Feb).
becbee
----------
----------

Post by becbee »

Seems like Liverpool won't need until 11pm tomorrow - Sky Sports News breaking headline is that they've agreed a transfer fee with PNE "in the region of £2 million."
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

Paul Carden (who was Ben’s manager at Haig Avenue when he came in on loan) talks very well of him saying he always wanted to learn, was a good trainer and once had a go at a few others after a heavy home defeat!
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

SteH90 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:31 pm ....... once had a go at a few others after a heavy home defeat!
Clearly a person who is tailor made for portchat then😂, good luck Ben despite (maybe) signing for the loveable reds !
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Something to be proud of, I say. A former loanee, who we helped develop, is about to join the EPL Champions...quite something. I watch excitedly to see how he gets on. Great move for him, decent deal for Liverpool (they'll sell for a profit eventually) and Preston get £2m for a player out of contract in the summer.

Incredible opportunity for him.
Four iron
----------
----------

Post by Four iron »

Looked a class player when he was here.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

Liverpool have stolen him from PNE really...2 Million pounds is better than nothing admittedly, which would have been the case if he had seen his contract through until this Summer-but it's loose change to them..

Good luck to him-I remember him playing left back
for the Port whereas he's since developed into a rare (much sought after) left sided centre back.I've seen him a few times at PNE and he's been outstanding.LFC have got a great centre back there although whether he breaks through to play regularly is probably debatable.
Agree- it is quite something for the Port to have been involved in a tiny part of his development.
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

yellowfever wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:56 pm Liverpool have stolen him from PNE really...2 Million pounds is better than nothing admittedly, which would have been the case if he had seen his contract through until this Summer-but it's loose change to them..

Good luck to him-I remember him playing left back
for the Port whereas he's since developed into a rare (much sought after) left sided centre back.I've seen him a few times at PNE and he's been outstanding.LFC have got a great centre back there although whether he breaks through to play regularly is probably debatable.
Agree- it is quite something for the Port to have been involved in a tiny part of his development.
Not as good as Peter Withe though ( as yet)🤠
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

Just confirmed on LBC Radio, Liverpool have completed the signing of Ben Davies
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

Ben Davies on the bench (No. 28) for Liverpool tonight v Brighton On Sky Sports, k.o. 2015