David Morgan

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Re: David Morgan

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Redrobe fan wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:28 pm

Not with that attitude. If they do flog Dion for a million quid we should demand 100% instead of the paltry 20% they will probably try and FOB US OFF with.
You don’t think that the contract might be relevant here?
I just wanted to join in.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

We all know David Morgan was one of our best players. He served us fantastically well, gave everything on and off the pitch and after all that, are there realy people who begrudge him this chance to prove and better himself at a division 1 club ?.
To the moaners I ask, in his position what would you do, stay in a club like ours, that sadly is going nowhere, or go and fight for a place in a team that may well play in the championship next year ?. I think we can also assume that he will earn significantly more there than here. He will have a friend there in Dion, who has taken his chance with both hands. I sincerely hope he does as well. Sad he has gone, but the very best of luck to him I say.
It shouldn't be forgotten, we didn't give them away, we sold them for much needed cash and the sell on clauses are what we agreed, so what have we got to gripe about ?.
Swedes
----------
----------

Post by Swedes »

That any player would stick around here for 100 games in this day and age is quite remarkable, let alone one with Morgan's ability. I wish him well for the future.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

I hope that he gets some time on the pitch there to settle in and show his potential.
SfcFPA
----------
----------

Post by SfcFPA »

It's a shame really that with the season likely to be marked null and void that a number of his appearances won't officially count in the record books :roll:
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

David Morgan was an unused Sub for Accrington Stanley last Saturday v Northampton, there was a brief report on BBC Monday Night they are having a good season chasing promotion to the Championship.......