Southport v Torquay FA Trophy

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
sandgrounder 1965
----------
----------

Re: Southport v Torquay FA Trophy

Post by sandgrounder 1965 »

https://torquayunited.com/tufc-radio/ Found this,only £1 to listen,I know it is not the same but to save SFC sharing the expenses with our friends from Torquay.Worth a try
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Redrobe fan wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:58 am The club has done the right thing - eventually.

Needing the money or circumstances changing does not validate the unilateral disregard of the terms of a contract.

No one would begrudge them the money, or fail to have sympathy with them in the current situation, but they do need to do it properly, and carry the fans with them, or they risk losing a lot of goodwill.
Well said Redrobe fan 👏👍
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

sandgrounder 1965 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:08 am https://torquayunited.com/tufc-radio/ Found this,only £1 to listen,I know it is not the same but to save SFC sharing the expenses with our friends from Torquay.Worth a try

Do we get half the money?!! What’s the difference from streaming?
tonyhey
----------
----------

Post by tonyhey »

Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:57 am
sandgrounder 1965 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:08 am https://torquayunited.com/tufc-radio/ Found this,only £1 to listen,I know it is not the same but to save SFC sharing the expenses with our friends from Torquay.Worth a try

Do we get half the money?!! What’s the difference from streaming?
Fair point.
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Redrobe fan wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:30 am
Port on the Kent wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:16 am If you take the righteous high ground and refuse to play league matches on health and safety grounds, you undermine yourself by playing cup matches.
The club has not refused to play league games - so far as we know from information in the public domain.
Exactly, and while we say we don't want to play on in the league I think we should play until either:

a) The league is voided
b) We are "unionised" with a cohort of clubs to unilaterally suspend our playing as a group.

Until then we should continue, today just highlighting the madness of the situation.
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:37 am
Gilbert69 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:24 pm I'd rather watch the stream as included when I purchased my season ticket, and just donate the money direct to the club if theres a way to do this as opposed to purchased the stream as well. I'd prefer every penny went to us right now than be split with Torquay.
So have I got this right?
If a member doesn't watch the stream Torquay get nothing.
If a member pays £9.99 Torquay get half of it plus travel expenses.
If a member watches the stream free the club has to pay £9.99 into the gate receipts and half of it plus expenses goes to Torquay, but Southport keep the other half. And therefore a separate donation of £9.99 from the member would 100% go to Southport.
One slight note - expenses for both clubs can be deducted from the gate receipts. Southport can claim for the covid secure costs, stewarding and streaming costs for example.
I suspect the deductions will amount to close on 4k, with the majority being Torquay travel expenses. Thus we will need approx 400 subscribers to break even, before any profits are shared.
Sand74
----------
----------

Post by Sand74 »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:37 am
Gilbert69 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:24 pm I'd rather watch the stream as included when I purchased my season ticket, and just donate the money direct to the club if theres a way to do this as opposed to purchased the stream as well. I'd prefer every penny went to us right now than be split with Torquay.
So have I got this right?
If a member doesn't watch the stream Torquay get nothing.
If a member pays £9.99 Torquay get half of it plus travel expenses.
If a member watches the stream free the club has to pay £9.99 into the gate receipts and half of it plus expenses goes to Torquay, but Southport keep the other half. And therefore a separate donation of £9.99 from the member would 100% go to Southport.
You mean like making a Donation to the Club via https://southportfc.ktckts.com/donation ... b-donation?
Sand74
----------
----------

Post by Sand74 »

On whether we should be playing I don't think there is much of a choice.

There is no official guidance and no decisions have been made as yet therefore if we refuse to play it is possible that we may be banned from next season's competition - It is the same with the Vanarama NLN - Would supporters really be happy with us doing what we see as the right thing if it meant we kicked off next season in the Unibond.

We have expressed our view and although it is one I agree with, if the ruling is that we have to carry on then I think we should.
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

The club has agreed that season ticket holders can still stream for free, which is great. People were a little too quick to be judgmental I think as the club is trying to do the right thing in a very difficult situation.
I am now going to donate more than I would have paid for the stream.
cobby7
----------
----------

Post by cobby7 »

Any way can the pitch take all the rain.?
If so we could win we tend to do better in adverse conditions at home.
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

Pitch inspection at 1400 according to SFC Twitter

https://twitter.com/home?lang=en-gb
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

Southport v Torquay United - BBC Radio Devon - Radio Commentary

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/55781027
Mr Ah Yes
----------
----------

Post by Mr Ah Yes »

pault wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:44 am Quite a few teams (Bradford PA, Curzon Ashton, Farsley) refusing to play in NLN this afternoon despite threats of points deductions and points being awarded to the other team.

And Guiseley have refused to play at AFC Fylde this afternoon, citing financial reasons. Statement, posted on AFC Twitter page said they had offered to pay for testing, but Guiseley said it was a £ situation, not testing. Not sure Fyldes ground would have survived this weather. Will be surprised if Port match goes ahead with all this rain.
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

Southport Football Club
@southport_fc
·
2m
We are giving it every chance but could do with the rain stopping. The ref will look again at 2.15.
Swad Deutsche Port
----------
----------

Post by Swad Deutsche Port »

Radar suggests a lot more rain to come but further inspection at 14:15.
Sam
----------
----------

Post by Sam »

Get the old Hedley hose on it. Bit more water won't harm it.
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

Aldershot v Chesterfield has also gone very late.
With the new beast from the east due this week, not even sure if the game will be played if it gets called off.
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

Southport Football Club
@southport_fc
·
43s
Game On!
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

I’ve paid, but all I can get is an advert for Vanarama NL.

Got it now after logging out and in a few times.

What a pain!
Last edited by Redrobe fan on Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

Mine is the same. Refresh the screen and it should show as live when it starts and should then play