It just says ‘invalid credentials’
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Re: Southport v Torquay FA Trophy

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Sand74 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:28 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:37 am
Gilbert69 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:24 pm I'd rather watch the stream as included when I purchased my season ticket, and just donate the money direct to the club if theres a way to do this as opposed to purchased the stream as well. I'd prefer every penny went to us right now than be split with Torquay.
So have I got this right?
If a member doesn't watch the stream Torquay get nothing.
If a member pays £9.99 Torquay get half of it plus travel expenses.
If a member watches the stream free the club has to pay £9.99 into the gate receipts and half of it plus expenses goes to Torquay, but Southport keep the other half. And therefore a separate donation of £9.99 from the member would 100% go to Southport.
You mean like making a Donation to the Club via https://southportfc.ktckts.com/donation ... b-donation?
Yes
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

It's just started
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

SEASONPASS didn’t work. Just paid again.just in time to see the goal go in☹️
becbee
----------
----------

Post by becbee »

Paulisi wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:19 pm Aldershot v Chesterfield has also gone very late.
With the new beast from the east due this week, not even sure if the game will be played if it gets called off.
Aldershot v Chesterfield called off at about 2.15pm due to a Chesterfield player having Covid symptoms and having to take a test.
John Glendenning
Best Landlord Ever
Best Landlord Ever

Post by John Glendenning »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:13 pm SEASONPASS didn’t work. Just paid again.just in time to see the goal go in☹️
I paid too SSE although already knew I would need to as streaming fees are split between the clubs.
merse

Post by merse »

I thought your team played well and your livestream commentary team were first class...

Considering that Torquay United fans logging in and paying took your viewing figures to a record high should provide a little bit of money towards staging the game so all that bitterness, nonsense and innuendo really was unnecessary wasn't it.

We play a lot of our games in that fashion even though we changed the starting line-up a good bit today; pass and move, keeping the door locked at the back (four clean sheets in the last five now) and tiring the opposition to hit them on the counter attack. Anyway; you might as well lose two-nil as one-nil; it was a cup-tie after all.

Over 55 years in the game ~ watching, working in it for a living and still coaching at 68 ~ and I've heard so many people say of sides well clear at the top of their league "they aren't all that are they" Well maybe you think that too right now; but Torquay United are ten points clear at the top of the National League and lose very few games. The youth team I manage now are often referred to as such, but have won every single game this season. It's about keeping a shape, reading 'the triggers' when to go in and win the ball, keeping compact and passing and moving expansively.

Good luck; enjoy the rest of your season and for goodness sake stop being so negative and wanting it all to stop. Football is the greatest game in the world and all the clubs need to stick together with positivity to overcome these extreme difficulties.
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

SEASONPASS worked but it appeared all passwords had expired, so I just renewed mine as did some others I've spoken too. Good stream and no buffering. 👍👏
Rabbit
----------
----------

Post by Rabbit »

merse wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:03 pm I thought your team played well and your livestream commentary team were first class...

Considering that Torquay United fans logging in and paying took your viewing figures to a record high should provide a little bit of money towards staging the game so all that bitterness, nonsense and innuendo really was unnecessary wasn't it.

We play a lot of our games in that fashion even though we changed the starting line-up a good bit today; pass and move, keeping the door locked at the back (four clean sheets in the last five now) and tiring the opposition to hit them on the counter attack. Anyway; you might as well lose two-nil as one-nil; it was a cup-tie after all.

Over 55 years in the game ~ watching, working in it for a living and still coaching at 68 ~ and I've heard so many people say of sides well clear at the top of their league "they aren't all that are they" Well maybe you think that too right now; but Torquay United are ten points clear at the top of the National League and lose very few games. The youth team I manage now are often referred to as such, but have won every single game this season. It's about keeping a shape, reading 'the triggers' when to go in and win the ball, keeping compact and passing and moving expansively.

Good luck; enjoy the rest of your season and for goodness sake stop being so negative and wanting it all to stop. Football is the greatest game in the world and all the clubs need to stick together with positivity to overcome these extreme difficulties.

Thanks for your post and observations . As regards the game, I think we will be very pleased at our performance against a team at the top of the national league. You may not be aware that we lost our captain and midfield dynamo to a league one club and also a striker through serious injury so we think we did very well all round. Speaking objectively I would observe that we played football on the ground as did Torquay and it was an entertaining . Southport had a number of periods of pressure on your goal and blocks and deflections prevented goals.
Torquay appeared today an average side in comparison to other teams I’ve seen at home this season( I’ve seen all games) . It’s re assuring to see that there’s little difference between where you are and where we are. Not so long ago Torquay were there as well I recall !
As regards our clubs finances that you raise , we will have made a considerable loss today and would have done even if we’d won.
As a part time team we have mostly run by volunteers with hardly any paid staff which you may like to compare to your own club I guess .
Regarding your other comments, you could win an award from condescending arrogance and smugness . You chose to regale us with your age and vast experience in football but I’d be concerned at you be involved I training youngsters with your attitudes. Suggesting our club to be ‘ a beggar sitting under a cash machine’ is highly offensive and betrays an unpleasant attitude towards humanity. Maybe you’ve reflected on that and realised by your own language you might accused of trying to rob that beggar.
I’ve no idea if you’ll read this young man but I suspect having felt the need to register on our forum you’ll be unable to resist seeing if your comments have a response. I’m right aren’t I?
Anyway here’s wishing your club good luck. I think you’ll need to improve considerably to avoid meeting us again either as you come back down the pyramid or hopefully we go up. In the meantime I wish you a bit more peace and happiness than you seem to be experiencing at present .
👍❤️
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

merse wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:03 pm

Over 55 years in the game ~ watching, working in it for a living and still coaching at 68
Sounds impressive, on the face of it, till one reads elsewhere that you state your actual paid employment in the game was for only 9 of those years.
https://www.argyletd.com/t802-merse
Yes I support Torquay United, have been a Gull for all of my 59 years, trained with the club as a youth and tried very hard for a professional contract but wasn't nearly good enough. Played against Argyle and later officiated them on The Western League, worked in professional football for 9 years and currently work long hours in a voluntary capacity in youth football in North London where I live
Rabbit
----------
----------

Post by Rabbit »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:11 pm
merse wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:03 pm

Over 55 years in the game ~ watching, working in it for a living and still coaching at 68
Sounds impressive, on the face of it, till one reads elsewhere that you state your actual paid employment in the game was for only 9 of those years.
https://www.argyletd.com/t802-merse
Yes I support Torquay United, have been a Gull for all of my 59 years, trained with the club as a youth and tried very hard for a professional contract but wasn't nearly good enough. Played against Argyle and later officiated them on The Western League, worked in professional football for 9 years and currently work long hours in a voluntary capacity in youth football in North London where I live
That’s an informative link RR. If I’d read it earlier I wouldn’t have bothered with a with a response to him. He appears to be a somewhat sad individual with a history of ‘issues’. It’d be difficult to take anything he says seriously . Hopefully he has some support around him.
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Was it a record high on the stream? If so would suggest our provider change was a good choice. Or did York bring more people and Merse has a case of the Donald Biglys...
Exiled
----------
----------

Post by Exiled »

Rob said a couple of times during the stream that it was a record high.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:54 am Was it a record high on the stream? If so would suggest our provider change was a good choice. Or did York bring more people and Merse has a case of the Donald Biglys...
Presumably a record high of paid streams. Didn't the York game end up free on YouTube?