Time out

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
cavjj
Carl Soloman
Carl Soloman

Time out

Post by cavjj »

Forum (should be..) locked to all posts.

Come back in ten when I've moderated and dished out some wrist slaps.
cavjj
Carl Soloman
Carl Soloman

Re: Time out

Post by cavjj »

Right:

TrickyDicky - Final warning - deliberately attacking other users and being generally antagonistic. Knock it off.

Merse - Final warning - I am hoping you are true to your word when you suggest you've nothing else to say. "a small group of people with a chip on their shoulder about their opponents being a full-time professional club." is one of the funniest things I've read in ages. No-one gives a shit about your professional status. "your club's like one of those beggars sat underneath a cash dispenser aren't they!" is just nonsense. You lose your own argument when you complain of posters disrespecting Torquay then coming out with stuff like that yourself.

For the visiting Torquay fans to the forum I would stress that the immediate area surrounding the ground is under a extraordinary surge testing regime due to the discovery of the South African variant, literally two streets away from the stadium. Tensions are high round here anyway before you bring the football into account.

With regards to posts that some have suggested could be libellous to Torquay, I have not yet had chance to listen to Ian's interview but nothing posted suggests a misrepresentation of what Ian actually said. I have not deleted any posts in relation to anything Torquay may or may not have done. The game isn't anyone's fault and I don't know enough about who's paying for what, and testing, and etc etc to have an opinion.

On the FA Cup streaming issue I haven't (yet) seen anything against our very loose rules and I won't be offering a personal opinion other than to say I will continue to happily pay my own membership in addition to paying for tomorrow's stream.

Finally, on moderation, I had hoped we could avoid having a stringent, firm set of rules but I will be adding it to the todo list. Please do use the report button if you see anything we need to take a look at.

Thanks to the 99.9% of users for the good-natured intelligent debate.

Forum should be open for posts again in a few minutes.