Liam Watson post match

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Re: Liam Watson post match

Post by Redrobe fan »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:53 pm I think you'll find it was Marx "Die Religion... ist das Opium des Volkes" .
I often think watching Southport might be a better experience on drugs.
Danke mein professor.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:08 pm I thought that this was a football forum. Plenty of other places you can slag off the government.
But it's ok when you post links to your articles on the websites of opaque libertarian thinktanks.

Unfortunately football and the government's actions are currently inextricably linked. It would be impossible not to mention them whilst the subject of the continuation of the season is being discussed.
Last edited by Ralphy Rylance on Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:53 pm I think you'll find it was Marx "Die Religion... ist das Opium des Volkes" .
I often think watching Southport might be a better experience on drugs.
I find that my 3 compartment hip flask suffices... Port, brandy & absinthe. :mrgreen:
Brianm
----------
----------

Post by Brianm »

You want a political discussion, have it somewhere else!
You are currently making a mockery of this forum which is for SFC supporters about SFC.
Four iron
----------
----------

Post by Four iron »

Brianm wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:43 pm You want a political discussion, have it somewhere else!
You are currently making a mockery of this forum which is for SFC supporters about SFC.
Couldnt agree more.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Brianm wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:43 pm You want a political discussion, have it somewhere else!
Well, you've changed your tune since September when you were urging us all to put pressure on our MPs.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=69&p=749#p749
cavjj
Carl Soloman
Carl Soloman

Post by cavjj »

Posts on Portchat about Dr Who:

Posts on Portchat about drugs:

Posts on Portchat about Carry On films:

Posts on Portchat criticising the government:
BinghamBoy
----------
----------

Post by BinghamBoy »

Liam making the news in Portsmouth!

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... er-3127978
Optimist
----------
----------

Post by Optimist »

The article from Portsmouth says we are refusing to play tomorrow, but I can't see anything to that effect on the Club website or the BBC and I assume we're hoping that the weather may buy some extra time for discussion. It may have been referred to elsewhere on the Forum, but there's an excellent statement on the Spennymoor website from their Chief Exec and MD. From a moral point of view there should be only one outcome to this debate, and at some stage we'll probably have to bite the bullet and take the consequences. As a supporter since the early 1960s, I would be extremely sorry if we get thrown out of the League, but sometimes you just have to do the right thing. (As a small aside, Darlington have only played 11 games so far - has anyone worked out when their season might end???)
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

cavjj wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:28 pm Posts on Portchat about Dr Who:

Posts on Portchat about drugs:

Posts on Portchat about Carry On films:

Posts on Portchat criticising the government:
Who wants to be hidebound by relevance? Imagination Government are better than Actual Government, much like Imagination Southport are better than Actual Southport. I haven't seen us lose since we let the Harlem Globetrotters win in order to save Christmas.
Last edited by Ronnie Hotdogs on Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

@Optimist Liam mentioned it during his video interview. He said we would not be going to Brackley and as far as he was concerned, the season was over
Optimist
----------
----------

Post by Optimist »

Yes - I was just expecting something on the website to confirm that Ian and Steve are on board with what he said.
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

I notice that on the yellow banner at the top of the page, it still says: "NEXT MATCH | To Follow"
John Glendenning
Best Landlord Ever
Best Landlord Ever

Post by John Glendenning »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:08 pm I thought that this was a football forum. Plenty of other places you can slag off the government.
Awwww SSE, let the boys have their fun. Perhaps if I dress it up in football terms? (here goes ;) )

Boris the tousle-haired center forward, darling of the Telegraph Sports writers misses an open goal in the first five minutes, skies a penalty (when distracted by a shout from Dom the Barnard man on the touchline) and finally scores lock down number one when the ball bounces off his ample bum and trickles over the line. There was some dispute among the commentary team as to whether or not this was in fact an intentional effort.

With opposition hard man, Chopper Virus kicking everyone off the park (and getting away with it) and the match referee appearing to be somewhat hampered by the bulging wads of cash in his pockets, it was only a matter of time before Chopper's team got back into the match. This they in fact did; scoring a blinder when the tousled haired one announced his "world beating" ability by falling on his arse in the final third whilst putting "track and trace" out to tender and so allowing Chopper a run at an empty net ('cos Boris had sent the goalie for a hot chocolate and a list of chums who might wish to get some free cash for providing a shite service).

During the post match conference, it was stated that football is a game of three halves (or lock downs), but as our league is such a World Beating one, we are having four .....

In the follow up match and with Chopper's victims piling up in the treatment room and with the juniors all locked up in unventilated class rooms, new players were drafted in from the shadow world of party donors and scraped from the underside of Parliamentary Green Benches. As the match progressed; and with the prospect of a home goal vanishing, Boris pulled one out of the bag with a scientifically executed overhead - much to the irritation of Chopper who immediately began cloning himself with each cloned copy having slight differences in order to fool the bag of vaccine the club doctor had thrown onto the pitch.

Chopper had the manager bring on their latest signing from South Africa in the final stages of the match whilst the newest recruit from Brazil lurked in the shadow of the bench.

A narrow victory for Blighty UTD, but the league table still looks dodgy.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

John Glendenning wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:39 pm
Awwww SSE, let the boys have their fun. Perhaps if I dress it up in football terms? (here goes ;) )

Boris the tousle-haired center forward, darling of the Telegraph Sports writers misses an open goal in the first five minutes, skies a penalty (when distracted by a shout from Dom the Barnard man on the touchline) and finally scores lock down number one when the ball bounces off his ample bum and trickles over the line. There was some dispute among the commentary team as to whether or not this was in fact an intentional effort.

With opposition hard man, Chopper Virus kicking everyone off the park (and getting away with it) and the match referee appearing to be somewhat hampered by the bulging wads of cash in his pockets, it was only a matter of time before Chopper's team got back into the match. This they in fact did; scoring a blinder when the tousled haired one announced his "world beating" ability by falling on his arse in the final third whilst putting "track and trace" out to tender and so allowing Chopper a run at an empty net ('cos Boris had sent the goalie for a hot chocolate and a list of chums who might wish to get some free cash for providing a shite service).

During the post match conference, it was stated that football is a game of three halves (or lock downs), but as our league is such a World Beating one, we are having four .....

In the follow up match and with Chopper's victims piling up in the treatment room and with the juniors all locked up in unventilated class rooms, new players were drafted in from the shadow world of party donors and scraped from the underside of Parliamentary Green Benches. As the match progressed; and with the prospect of a home goal vanishing, Boris pulled one out of the bag with a scientifically executed overhead - much to the irritation of Chopper who immediately began cloning himself with each cloned copy having slight differences in order to fool the bag of vaccine the club doctor had thrown onto the pitch.

Chopper had the manager bring on their latest signing from South Africa in the final stages of the match whilst the newest recruit from Brazil lurked in the shadow of the bench.

A narrow victory for Blighty UTD, but the league table still looks dodgy.
Lets keep the yellow flag flying not the red one.
Ps Are you a hereford fan ?, you seem to be well versed in bull..
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

I'm pleased that Liam's post match interview has made it to another part of the Country.The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned..
All this sham of a National board have done is cause rift and conflict across the leagues-talk about "divide and conquer"
If that's what they wanted -they seem to doing a pretty good job..
I think the resignation of the Dover Chairman Jim Parmenter from the National board is significant though-and well done to him for standing up to be counted-a great statement from him.
The disparity and chaos that this level of the game is in when you see some of the amounts of money that some clubs have received is breathtaking.
We have to continue to fight our corner in this shambles of a season.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

But is the game on tomorrow?
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Redrobe fan wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:13 pm But is the game on tomorrow?
Let the market decide.
Sandgrounder3

Post by Sandgrounder3 »

Director said on Saturday that the season is over
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

But the game is on according to several sites.

Looking out of my window to the snow and sub zero temperature I find it hard to believe that it would be played, any way.