Season declared null and void

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
123Port

Re: Season declared null and void

Post by 123Port »

GeorgeCarrExcavation wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:00 pm
123Port wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:57 pm If 6 teams want to play as a mini league let them get on with it as long as they accept the normal terms. Each team plays each other home and away, the team who finishes 1st goes up automatically, the bottom 3 go down. If they’re all happy with that then so am I.
If they're spreading Covid-19 I'm not happy with that.
That’s fair. I would hope that these clubs who are determined to play on would also be willing to fund their own testing programme.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

What I want to know is, where do the leagues management get their mind bending drugs from and are they allowed to claim for them on expenses. If so I will apply for a job there.
I have never heard such a load of total organic manure in my life.
One is left to wonder if they are being bribed or blackmailed.
becbee
----------
----------

Post by becbee »

Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss tweet 16 hours ago

Conversations are continuing between some Step 2 clubs & the National League.
A group of teams are keen to find a way to complete a competition resulting in promotion.
The National League is prepared to listen to proposals which would also require agreement from the FA.
Gloucester
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester »

The NL must be the worst ran league in the UK I’ve seen better ran chimps tea parties! Apparently Mark Ives has told clubs a continuation is possible?
BinghamBoy
----------
----------

Post by BinghamBoy »

It beggars belief that, having arranged a binding democratic vote of their members in accordance with their own rules, any organisation could possibly give air time to a number of disgruntled clubs.

Basically these clubs are saying forget the rules, let us have a mini league, sod the teams that don’t want to play so that our own little group can get what we want.

We might have thought that the incompetence of the NL had reached it’s peak but clearly it appears to have only touched the surface!!
Formula Port
----------
----------

Post by Formula Port »

BinghamBoy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:29 pm It beggars belief that, having arranged a binding democratic vote of their members in accordance with their own rules, any organisation could possibly give air time to a number of disgruntled clubs.

Basically these clubs are saying forget the rules, let us have a mini league, sod the teams that don’t want to play so that our own little group can get what we want.

We might have thought that the incompetence of the NL had reached it’s peak but clearly it appears to have only touched the surface!!
Let them have their mini league but with the rule that the bottom 2 clubs are relegated to NPL. They'd soon change their tune!
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Is it a shock that the tails are now wagging the dogs, after a cur tailed season?
I thought that the leagues credibility was at the lowest level possible, it seems I was wrong.
The season was declared nul and void, end of story.
Optimist
----------
----------

Post by Optimist »

portexileinbath wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:14 pm Is it a shock that the tails are now wagging the dogs, after a cur tailed season?

It's probably true to say that the Devil is in the de tail
the masked avenger

Post by the masked avenger »

Optimist wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:10 am
portexileinbath wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:14 pm Is it a shock that the tails are now wagging the dogs, after a cur tailed season?

It's probably true to say that the Devil is in the de tail
they should be hounded out!
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Good to see some people haven't lost their sense of humour !, we must be barking to be Port fans.

But will we get a pointers deduction for not finishing the season ?.
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

portexileinbath wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:03 pm Good to see some people haven't lost their sense of humour !, we must be barking to be Port fans.

How could we, the league voted for us to end!
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

portexileinbath wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:03 pm Good to see some people haven't lost their sense of humour !, we must be barking to be Port fans.

Or worse still, relegated to the Northwestie Counties League?