Video interview with Ian and Liam

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Video interview with Ian and Liam

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
badger
----------
----------

Re: Video interview with Ian and Liam

Post by badger »

Not a lot said that we did not know and I can see that they have had a hard time keeping the club going. So It is no good looking back and we have about six months to when we start up again. I like many have had my Jab and let us hope it means that the public can once again attend the matches. In the mean time the players should be called in every week or perhaps two weeks to train and bond together. No good the squad just starting up in July and thinking we will do ok . We need a super fit team for this league. Just saying :?:
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

badger wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:54 pm Not a lot said that we did not know and I can see that they have had a hard time keeping the club going. So It is no good looking back and we have about six months to when we start up again. I like many have had my Jab and let us hope it means that the public can once again attend the matches. In the mean time the players should be called in every week or perhaps two weeks to train and bond together. No good the squad just starting up in July and thinking we will do ok . We need a super fit team for this league. Just saying :?:
Are you offering to pay wages to all concerned to come in and train every week or two?
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Interesting that Liam mentions that there are people who've expressed an interest in joining the board.
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:44 pm Interesting that Liam mentions that there are people who've expressed an interest in joining the board.
I must have a listen again with headphones. I missed that. I couldn't hear half of it. Rob's voice was boomy and twice the volume of the others. It would have helped if there were subtitles, (or I couldn't find the button)
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

superbike999 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:35 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:44 pm Interesting that Liam mentions that there are people who've expressed an interest in joining the board.
I must have a listen again with headphones. I missed that. I couldn't hear half of it. Rob's voice was boomy and twice the volume of the others. It would have helped if there were subtitles, (or I couldn't find the button)
It was towards the end. Not much more said about it other than the need for due diligence and we don't want people promising the earth then leaving. Can't think who he meant by that. :lol:
John Glendenning
Best Landlord Ever
Best Landlord Ever

Post by John Glendenning »

With regards to the next season, there remain a fair number of unknown bits, only when more clarity is forthcoming will the club be in a position to plan properly. Who might these people who have expressed an interest in joining the board be? What financial backing might he or she bring?

Of course, the main "unknown" is Covid19, what the infection rate might be, what percentage of the population have had both vaccinations and what restrictions remain necessary upon outdoor gatherings, social distancing etc. For the record, I think that pandemic wise, we are still a fair way from being "out of the woods" and what might be possible by the Autumn depends a lot upon how the Government handles restriction easing over the next six to eight weeks. A salient fact to keep in mind regarding vaccination is that this does NOT prevent infection (of the vaccinated) but rather, reduces the severity of said infection (viral load). Vaccinated people who still go on to contract Covid may still carry the potential to infect others although perhaps, because of the lower viral load and consequent lower numbers of viruses being put about by them, less so than typically found among the infected within the population pre-vaccine.

Those of us who took out club memberships I would urge, where circumstances allow to keep them going. I didn't have a season ticket, but if I had then I would hope to be in a position not to ask for refund. This last season has presented our club and others like us with challenging financial circumstances the like of which no one would have seen coming. In the wider community, many people have lost their jobs and many smaller businesses have gone to the wall. Whilst it is also true that a significant minority in "the economic middle" have amassed significant savings through reduced spending on holidays, shopping and travel (many of this group continued to work from home), it is also true that many football supporters at our level have not fared so well.

Keeping party politics out of it as I do not wish to offend anyone, it is never the less not possible to keep "politics" out of this story entirely. This is because "politics" is reflected in our attitudes towards each other, our expectations relating to wider society, its organisation and rules governing finance and distribution within said society. Government is going to be under considerable pressure from "interest groups" and most especially, those with a pecuniary interest vested in the actions of the political group in charge of Government and rule making. Within Government itself, "groups" holding very diverse ideas relating to their preferred lock-down easing priorities will be competing for attention within the decision making process.

As I say, we are a fair way from being "out of the woods" just yet.
Terrace Dweller
----------
----------

Post by Terrace Dweller »

Always good to hear, and even better to see, one of Rob's chats with Ian and Liam.
A great way for supporters to hear developments first hand from management.
As was said during the session, good communication with fans is essential.
During this extended close season perhaps a monthly Zoom interview could be shown, to keep supporters engaged and to offer them the opportunity to have questions answered directly by Ian and/or Liam.
John Glendenning
Best Landlord Ever
Best Landlord Ever

Post by John Glendenning »

Terrace Dweller wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:07 pm Always good to hear, and even better to see, one of Rob's chats with Ian and Liam.
During this extended close season perhaps a monthly Zoom interview could be shown, to keep supporters engaged and to offer them the opportunity to have questions answered directly by Ian and/or Liam.
agreed
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

Excellent Zoom interview and as everyone’s said a monthly one would be great. Engagement with the fans is crucial as Ian said because there’s no physical way to interact with the club for 4/5 months. The Wednesday walk at the ground is a great idea although currently it’s only be possible for Southport residents! The news that the Government hopes to have everyone vaccinated by the end of July suggests we’ll be able to attend the opening of the 2021-22 season (although I have reticence to believe everything the Gov says and I suspect some social distancing will need to be utilised next season).
Kempster911
----------
----------

Post by Kempster911 »

Terrace Dweller wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:07 pm Always good to hear, and even better to see, one of Rob's chats with Ian and Liam.
A pointless and boring PR stunt probably stage-managed to avoid
relevant/awkward questions.
Were it not for Mr Kyle stating that he and watson have had ongoing
discussions regarding players for next season it would be totally
irrelevant.

Perhaps now the ludicrous talk on here of change of manager/coach,
star players, play offs and the ultimate of promotion can be firmly
dumped ad infinitum.