Floodlight Ram

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Redrobe fan

Re: Floodlight Ram

Post by Redrobe fan »

Port on the Kent wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:39 pm Alright then... I am prepared to be shot down here and I'll take all comers, but I don't think essential grounds maintenance equipment is appropriate for fundraising either through donations or via TIY. This type of purchase sits squarely with those who are custodians of the club and therefore the ground. I think supporters should be called on for projects that improve the matchday experience.

I have sympathy for Ian and co because it seems they have been stung by a 'Clapham Special' - purchasing the cheapest of the cheap pylons with no forward thought is textbook, but nontheless, this type of outlay is to be expected when you own a football club.
I totally agree in principle, but in practice they need all the support that they can get. The less they spend on this or on hiring one, the more there is for other stuff and after all a lot has been spent and is being spent on improving the ground.

I do think that they need to give this appeal more highlighted coverage - eg on the official site -if they are going to have any chance of reaching the target.
Liamisdoingagreatjob

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

Any update on what this figure is now? Over £3k?
YELLOWTAXI

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

£2,635