Brackley 1 Darlington 3

Post by Sandgrounder3 »

Down to 21st, only Hereford below us
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Re: Brackley 1 Darlington 3

Post by Port on the Kent »

Does seem to be a theme that we fail to beat a side, write it off as them being one of the best sides, then next time out another part-time team turns them over.

In fact, every team we have played this season has been beaten by someone, apart from Fylde.
pault
----------
----------

Post by pault »

Sandgrounder3 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:49 pm Down to 21st, only Hereford below us
Only table that matters is the one after 42 games
Fred M
----------
----------

Post by Fred M »

I agree with Pault,long way to go yet saying that we need that first win ASAP at present we have Carver,Woods,Rickets, all carrying injuries which is not helping we may have to bring in loan players if this continues.I am still positive let’s go to Chorley and start with a win we should take a good following and get behind the team.
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Port on the Kent wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:14 pm In fact, every team we have played this season has been beaten by someone, apart from Fylde.
That’s a better record than any of the playoff sides can claim, as well as any other side that hasn’t played Fylde yet.
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

These are worrying times. However mustn’t be too negative, as James Tedford, no less, told me in no uncertain terms on Saturday after I’d dared to comment on the game. Ian stood around looking embarrassed as James bollocked me at length.
It is early days, and there are some good players in the team. But we desperately need a win to break this awful run. Hereford and Darlington are both stronger than their recent form has suggested, and no other team looks an obvious relegation candidate at this stage.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

Brackley were nothing special, no better than us. I found it hard to believe that they were at the top end of the table.

As for being negative, in the current situation that is merely being objective.
micky finn

Post by micky finn »

Is this the lowest league position in our history?
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

micky finn wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:52 pm Is this the lowest league position in our history?
No
micky finn

Post by micky finn »

must be pretty close
Swedes
----------
----------

Post by Swedes »

It's certainly our lowest position since we were founder members of Football League Division Three North 100 years ago. We currently have 135 other clubs directly above us in the football pyramid (20 PL, 72 FL, 23 NL, 20 NLN). When we were struggling in the 80's, at no point could there have been any more teams than that above us even if we were rock bottom of the NPL, this due to the number of teams in in the Alliance Premier League not ever exceeding 22.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

Swedes wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:47 pm It's certainly our lowest position since we were founder members of Football League Division Three North 100 years ago. We currently have 135 other clubs directly above us in the football pyramid (20 PL, 72 FL, 23 NL, 20 NLN). When we were struggling in the 80's, at no point could there have been any more teams than that above us even if we were rock bottom of the NPL, this due to the number of teams in in the Alliance Premier League not ever exceeding 22.
Its hard to argue with that analysis, but we were lower when in the NPL which is now the league below us.
Swedes
----------
----------

Post by Swedes »

Actually, we were bottom of NLN in 2018 after 4 matches in the glorious PHIL days, so I'm not right after all. It still doesn't disguise where we are though.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Redrobe fan wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:42 pm
Swedes wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:47 pm It's certainly our lowest position since we were founder members of Football League Division Three North 100 years ago. We currently have 135 other clubs directly above us in the football pyramid (20 PL, 72 FL, 23 NL, 20 NLN). When we were struggling in the 80's, at no point could there have been any more teams than that above us even if we were rock bottom of the NPL, this due to the number of teams in in the Alliance Premier League not ever exceeding 22.
Its hard to argue with that analysis, but we were lower when in the NPL which is now the league below us.
only because of the introduction of Conference North and South...still the same step in the pyramid
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

NEEEEEEEERD.
I am at my most DANGEROUS and EFFECTIVE when UNDERESTIMATED.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Well said RH !.