Chorley 2-2 Southport - FA Cup - Match Thread

Post by cavjj »

superbike999
----------
----------

Re: Chorley V Southport - FA Cup - Match Thread

Post by superbike999 »

Southport Football Club - Team News

Line up: Mason, Oliver, J Doyle, Anson, Tharme, Woods, Carver, C Doyle, Hmami, Vassallo & Bainbridge

Jordan Archer is unavailable due to personal reasons.
Our subs are Munro, Buckley-Ricketts, Watson and McMillan
port4ever
----------
----------

Re: Chorley 0-1 Southport - FA Cup - Match Thread

Post by port4ever »

I think the score should be the other way round. Chorley are winning 1.0.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Sssssshhhhh you will wake the moaners.
Come on Port
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

Now Chorley winning 2-0 although Port have had several chances according to Tw@tter
Any Port In A Storm
----------
----------

Post by Any Port In A Storm »

Early days, plenty of options off the fully filled bench..
Are we having a sweep for when the first " the cup doesn't matter anyway" post comes in after the match? First winnable game this calendar year by any chance?
YTT
----------
----------

Post by YTT »

Any Port In A Storm wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:42 pm Early days, plenty of options off the fully filled bench..
Are we having a sweep for when the first " the cup doesn't matter anyway" post comes in after the match? First winnable game this calendar year by any chance?
I’ve got this post on a loop for another 3 weeks:

“Probably just me but reading the threads and listening to Ian’s update I’m really confused on the football front.

We seem to think the wins are coming round the corner. Not sure if that’s wishful thinking?

We’ve played 17th, 5th, 3rd, 1st, 6th. 10 games is Liam’s usual benchmark and we now face a run of 2nd (away) 9th Chorley (home) side that I don’t think we are equalled or suited to play, 12th York (away) they can only improve, 20th Alfreton (home 16/10), 7th Kettering (away). Not to include Chorley in the FA Cup.

We are down to 14 fit players and clearly lack a bit of experience and game management but Liam is free to move Into the loan market whenever he see’s fit?

So what are we hanging about for?

Before the middle of October we don’t have any games I think we start as favourites or games I expect us to win and my concern is a young sides youthful enthusiasm and energy can soon taper away and it becomes a very different challenge in terms of confidence and getting results and points on the board.

Granted, a win could kick start the season but have to give ourselves the best possible chance of that happening sooner rather than later.

Get things may be tight financially but surely we must have a few favours we can call in?”
YTT
----------
----------

Re: Chorley 2-1 Southport - FA Cup - Match Thread

Post by YTT »

Works every time ! Connor Woods come on Port 2-3 away win and £££ in the bank!
YTT
----------
----------

Re: Chorley 2-2 Southport - FA Cup - Match Thread

Post by YTT »

See it out take a replay after being 2-0 down
exile
----------
----------

Post by exile »

Well done, lads... sounds like you should've finished them off today, but we'd have gladly taken a replay at two down..!
Any Port In A Storm
----------
----------

Post by Any Port In A Storm »

Tremendous. Very happy to eat humble pie today. Have to back it up by winning the replay though.
mark thomas
----------
----------

Post by mark thomas »

great fightback, have a go again Tuesday.
And we get 50% of the gate.
BackoftheNet
----------
----------

Post by BackoftheNet »

We do not lack fighting spirit. Well done the players, manager and coach. Superb. Bring on the replay Tuesday. I just hope we have no more injuries. Fingers crossed.⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️👍👍👍👍🏆🏆🏆🏆
Storming1937
----------
----------

Post by Storming1937 »

Is the replay this Tuesday.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

I must admit at 2-0 down i was fearing the worst but it seems we pulled it back for a draw and could have won it.
Another plusu point is, even though we are languishing near the bottom of the table we are scoring goals, which is an area we have struggled in for years. That gives me a lot of hope for the season we have played almost all of the "top" clubs, so I predict a steady climb up the table in the next 6 weeks.
A win on tuesdsy for sure
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Second best in the first half and the better team in the 2nd half. A familiar tale.
Connor Woods missing a sitter at 1 down seemed to doom us as Chorley added a 2nd but he made up for that with a goal early in the 2nd half to start the fightback.
A replay we could do without but we can surely beat Chorley twice at home.

Excellent support from the Jack Carr Lads. Non stop noise for 90 mins.
Last edited by Ralphy Rylance on Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Gilbert69
----------
----------

Post by Gilbert69 »

Fully deserved draw could and maybe should have won that but what a 2nd half performance . Fans class again and players give 110% cant ask for more roll on tuesday
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

Very creditable draw pinning Chorley back particularly 2nd half apart from 2 bad errors giving Chorley goals, Southport were the better side matching Chorley for efforts on goal, Connor Woods scored a great strike but missed a real sitter 1st half, the deserved equaliser came at the near post where Carver was credited with the touch, we thought it might have been an own goal from the keeper. Yet another end to end match & a very enjoyable conclusion, a win is not far away, hopefully.......
portexileinbath
----------
----------

The replay will bring in a few quid and winning it will give all the players and supporters a real lift. Hopefully we can then get a few points on the board before the easier run starts. We will then rapidly move up the table as other teams go through the same batch of difficult games (probably with the same outcome as us).
I am seldom wrong !!!!
Sgreen1234
Call Me Steve
Call Me Steve

Post by Sgreen1234 »

Watched the game on Twitter while sat in a pub midway between Southport and Chorley 🙄 (don’t ask)

I could easily see everything that went on from Twitter and we deserved the draw and showed good team spirit in coming back. Great to see Connor and Marcus on the pitch and on the scoresheet given they hobbled over to the dug outs at Brackley last week - although made short cameos at the end.

Need to make sure we will win on Tuesday although I will be watching Twitter from a pub midway between that London and Norwich. Ahaaaa.