Future football league players?

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Paulisi
----------
----------

Future football league players?

Post by Paulisi »

It's no secret that Liam has been bringing in young players with the aim of developing them and moving the better ones on for a decent transfer fee into the football league. Liam has a track record for this with the likes of Dion and Devarn recently.

Who do you think within this squad has what it takes and will move into the football league?

In my opinion there are several that could step up, but are nowhere near the finished article yet.
Connor Woods is the obvious candidate as he can change a game, but needs at least one full season at this level.
Churchtown Yellow
----------
----------

Re: Future football league players?

Post by Churchtown Yellow »

Connor has improved massively since we signed him.

I think Jack Bainbridge has looked very assured since he has been moved into midfield. His decision-making could be better at times, but he’s a candidate to move back up the leagues.

With such a young team, players could develop suddenly and get themselves a move higher up the pyramid.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

I think we have at present at least 4 with maybe more to come-not that I'm advocating this- but as a club we have to be realistic.
Cameron Mason is nailed on IMHO,right age mid twenties especially as players in his position can play until their late thirties and beyond sometimes.He's worth 100k of anybody's money now-and that would be cheap (sell on obviously) Connor Woods obviously.I can see him being another Dion if he can get over these niggling injuries he seems to get.Great prospect though,direct with pace to burn which is always an attraction for suitors.Worth good money now for me.Adam Anson when he's settled into the regular week to week rigours of "mens football" Cool on the ball,doesn't panic and will get better and better for me.Josh Hwawi,rejected once I think but will take a familiar role as others have done IMHO of going back to then go foward. Great engine on him,aggressive and can run all day.Fantastic prospect.

There are definetely others too who could come good,but those 4 stand out to me.Patience the key with all these young lads though.
Kempster911
----------
----------

Post by Kempster911 »

Paulisi wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:08 am It's no secret that Liam has been bringing in young players with the aim of developing them and moving the better ones on for a decent transfer fee into the football league. Liam has a track record for this with the likes of Dion and Devarn recently.

Who do you think within this squad has what it takes and will move into the football league?

In my opinion there are several that could step up, but are nowhere near the finished article yet.
Connor Woods is the obvious candidate as he can change a game, but needs at least one full season at this level.
Watsons hamster on a wheel philosophy join the throng but no nuts
due to financial instability.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Kempster911 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:18 pm
Paulisi wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:08 am It's no secret that Liam has been bringing in young players with the aim of developing them and moving the better ones on for a decent transfer fee into the football league. Liam has a track record for this with the likes of Dion and Devarn recently.

Watsons hamster on a wheel philosophy join the throng but no nuts
due to financial instability.
Any excuse to have a go at LW. This is how it works all the way through the football league pyramid.
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

yellowfever wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:21 pm I think we have at present at least 4 with maybe more to come-not that I'm advocating this- but as a club we have to be realistic.
Cameron Mason is nailed on IMHO,right age mid twenties especially as players in his position can play until their late thirties and beyond sometimes.He's worth 100k of anybody's money now-and that would be cheap (sell on obviously) Connor Woods obviously.I can see him being another Dion if he can get over these niggling injuries he seems to get.Great prospect though,direct with pace to burn which is always an attraction for suitors.Worth good money now for me.Adam Anson when he's settled into the regular week to week rigours of "mens football" Cool on the ball,doesn't panic and will get better and better for me.Josh Hwawi,rejected once I think but will take a familiar role as others have done IMHO of going back to then go foward. Great engine on him,aggressive and can run all day.Fantastic prospect.

There are definetely others too who could come good,but those 4 stand out to me.Patience the key with all these young lads though.
Interesting thoughts. I thiink it is much harder for goalkeepers to jump up the leagues and personally I have Dylan slightly ahead of Josh at the moment. I'm a big fan of Doug Tharme.