Main subforum for all things Southport FC
cavjj

FT: Marine 2-6 Southport - Match day thread

Post by cavjj »

Updates on SFC's official Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/southport_fc
hoofball

Re: FT: Marine 2-6 Southport - Match day thread

Post by hoofball »

Poor first 15 minutes but apart from that good performance, though the trialist wearing number 17 played well took his hat trick well
SteH90

Post by SteH90 »

He’s quite good isn’t he? The second goal was fantastic and I had a Marine fan ask how much they want for him. I mumbled that he’s not ours yet....
An impressive performance from the team - a very fluid formation with the three centre backs all capable of bringing the ball out and the full backs pushed forward. Morgs and Russell holding and getting forward when required and two mobile attackers supporting Jack. Preseason can be deceptive as you’re playing opponents from lower down the pyramid but in general our play was very encouraging. There’s variety in our play now as opposed to last season when it was often only one way and we wasted the ball far too often. Having Oliver & Anson means we can get it down and bring it out and the formation allows the ball to be moved up the pitch more effectively.
YTT

Post by YTT »

Young Master Watson would seem like a sensible option for us.

Relatively inexperienced at our level but had a few loan spells at lower level (Marine, Runcorn, Widnes, Ireland (Sligo) and league of wales (Airbus).

Assume he hasn’t accepted terms offered at Accy if playing on trial for us and he can play wide or centrally so provides some versatility that we need with limited squad numbers.

Get him signed up dad!
Jonny Smith

Post by Jonny Smith »

I am really excited for the coming season. I know these are only friendly matches but it seems like we are playing some decent stuff and all sounds really encouraging. Just really hope us fans are going to be allowed in when the time is right.

Up the port
Alan Spences Pupil

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

YTT wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:53 am Young Master Watson would seem like a sensible option for us.

Relatively inexperienced at our level but had a few loan spells at lower level (Marine, Runcorn, Widnes, Ireland (Sligo) and league of wales (Airbus).

Assume he hasn’t accepted terms offered at Accy if playing on trial for us and he can play wide or centrally so provides some versatility that we need with limited squad numbers.

Get him signed up dad!
I think this is the type of player we should be trying to bring in, whether we can or will may shape our ambition for the season...please make it happen Board..
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

"Pick me Daddy pleaseeeeeeee"
Redrobe fan

Post by Redrobe fan »

Probably best if he isnt identified,