Places in Jack Carr

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Sandgrounder SE

Places in Jack Carr

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

On the website, it says there are very few places left in the Jack Carr - but I’m a member and I’ve never been asked where we want to stand. So season ticket holders get a choice and members don’t? What’s going on?
Redrobe fan

Re: Places in Jack Carr

Post by Redrobe fan »

I’m pretty sure that they asked Members to phone in to indicate their preferred location.
Sandgrounder SE

When? How did they do it? I never received any message though they’ve been taking my payments.
Redrobe

Post by Redrobe »

Think they started ringing up people a couple of weeks ago and think they started with the seats. I got a season ticket and stated my preference at the time. There was a News update on the Club site on August 31 asking for anyone with a membership or season ticket that hadn’t been contacted to get in touch to express their preference. Unfortunately the.piece was titled Season Tickets so you probably thought it was of no interest to you.
Might not be too late, suggest you get in touch as soon as possible.
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

Ring the club on Monday and speak to Christine. I don’t understand why you’ve not been contacted or emailed. I think sometimes with social media there’s an assumption everybody looks at websites etc everyday and clearly it’s not always the case.
Good luck and I’m sure you’ll get sorted
Sandgrounder SE

I sent James and Rob an email earlier this morning and James sorted it out within ten minutes. Excellent service on a Sunday morning. Apparently they have been dealing with the Main Stand first and haven’t yet dealt fully with the JC.
Swedes

Post by Swedes »

I was in a similar position, had ordered a season ticket but just specified "terrace" when ordering it (before no migration in the ground was announced). I emailed the club this morning after reading this thread, and the reply back from James was commendably quick! There's obviously a lot to sort out, and I can imagine trying to contact a few hundred people on top of other jobs that will need doing is going to take some time.
Mr Ah Yes

Post by Mr Ah Yes »

Thanks for these comments. Went for membership and have since heard nothing. Nothing obvious on website.
Will contact them tomorrow.
Sand74

Post by Sand74 »

One of the issues they had was that there is a higher than expected number of people who don't have an email address so they had to phone around, which is obviously more time consuming.
The Commander

Post by The Commander »

You can't blame the older generation for not getting involved with modern technology. So many pitfalls and scammers ready to snare the unwary. You need a bit of experience to spot some of the ways you are encouraged to part with your cash.