News of Former Players - it's back!

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
David999

Re: News of Former Players - it's back!

Post by David999 »

Godfrey Poku was always a hard tackler and we missed him when he left - but that second booking mystified me and the BBC panel - harsh and that’s often the treatment officials gave him.
Redrobe

Post by Redrobe »

Danny Lloyd joins Tranmere Rovers from Salford City
kiaken

Post by kiaken »

Redrobe wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:49 pm Danny Lloyd joins Tranmere Rovers from Salford City
Didn't Danny get yellow card for winding up Tranmere fans last year whilst playing for P.boro.
Big Mac 1985

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Ben McKenna and Frank Mulhern play in a convincing 2-0 victory v Southport.
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Big Mac 1985 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:15 pm Ben McKenna and Frank Mulhern play in a convincing 2-0 victory v Southport.
And Adam Blakeman!
SteH90

Post by SteH90 »

Big Mac 1985 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:15 pm Ben McKenna and Frank Mulhern play in a convincing 2-0 victory v Southport.
I actually LOL’d at that! Watching Ryan Astles playing for New Saints against Barry Town and leading 2-1. He’s been fairly assured at the back but has been booked for taking too long to take a free kick!
Ronnie Hotdogs

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Ken McBenna was one of the least bad of the 274 players we used during that shambolic, disgraceful mess of a relegation season.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:42 pm
Ken McBenna was one of the least bad of the 274 players we used during that shambolic, disgraceful mess of a relegation season.
You are wrong, it was 275. However, to call some of them players is a very loose interpretation of the word. They were all players in a big pantomime though.
yellowfever

Post by yellowfever »

Bobby wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:39 pm
You are wrong, it was 275. However, to call some of them players is a very loose interpretation of the word. They were all players in a big pantomime though.
The pantomime production manager always carries the can for poor performances, and presided over years of mediocrity due to a lack of ambition and investment.
Ronnie Hotdogs

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

It was a perfect storm of shite. I don't think anyone involved came out of it with any credit whatsoever.
Ste_B

Post by Ste_B »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:36 am It was a perfect storm of shite. I don't think anyone involved came out of it with any credit whatsoever.
Sounds like a review of Portchat, the musical.
Churchtown Yellow

Post by Churchtown Yellow »

Ban request - Ronnie Hotdogs.

He said a bad word, one which should almost certainly be banned on here - “perfect”
Ronnie Hotdogs

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I need to have a long hard think about what I am doing with my life.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

yellowfever wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:12 am

The pantomime production manager always carries the can for poor performances, and presided over years of mediocrity due to a lack of ambition and investment.
There are a lot of questions regarding the involvement of the junior production managers in that debacle of a season.
yellowfever

Post by yellowfever »

Bobby wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:45 pm

There are a lot of questions regarding the involvement of the junior production managers in that debacle of a season.
if you keep putting the same production on year in year out without investment to improve it, eventually it will fail-no matter.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

yellowfever wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:39 pm

if you keep putting the same production on year in year out without investment to improve it, eventually it will fail-no matter.
You do wonder at what point does a mantra of “living within our means” get translated by a fan base into a lack of investment or ambition?
yellowfever

Post by yellowfever »

Bobby wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:42 pm

You do wonder at what point does a mantra of “living within our means” get translated by a fan base into a lack of investment or ambition?
Old ground Bobby boy and as in today's World,if you feed enough fake news into the system then eventually some people start to believe it. Not me.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

yellowfever wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:49 pm
Bobby wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:42 pm

Old ground Bobby boy and as in today's World,if you feed enough fake news into the system then eventually some people start to believe it. Not me.
It was a forward looking question YF. Which bit are you referring to as fake news?
yellowfever

Post by yellowfever »

You're well aware Bobby that in your original comment regarding used players that you were referring to the 2016/17 season...I have never suggested fake news from our current owners-and you know that...I rest my case..
Ronnie Hotdogs

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I think we can all agree that we have had eight years of more or less unremitting misery whoever has been in charge. It is nice to feel like the club is in safe hands and is dealing with the pandemic as well as anyone can - I just hope we can get back up in the next few years, because the National North is no fun whatsoever.

Nobody knows what football is going to look like by the time we get back into the grounds, but Wrexham have shown us that the Hollywood A-list is monitoring the non-league scene closely. Knowing our luck we'll get Johnny Depp.