Nelson 0 - 3 Southport

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Redrobe

Re: Nelson 0 - 3 Southport

Post by Redrobe »

Didn’t seem to be a problem for Alex Ferguson, John Bond or Cesare Maldini.
Redrobe

Post by Redrobe »

Forgot Brian Clough
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

Bobby wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:31 pm The manager shouldn't be on the board of directors and the manager's son shouldn't be in the playing squad. That would be in the ideal world but this is the tinpot world of non-league football.
We’ve played a variety of teams including high flying Accrington and a strong Everton under 23’s and played well and won both and played the Conference champions, whom we matched . Not actually convinced from your derogatory tinpot comment that you go to games as you wouldn’t be so quick to belittle non league football. As far as I’m concerned whatever the structure at the club or the composition of the team as long as they turn up every week and give it a go, then I’m not bothered if any of Liam’s uncles wear the shirt
YTT

Post by YTT »

It will be hard for father and son I suspect. Guess we have to trust Liam’s judgement. It would actually be a step up for him as a player compared to his previous loan spells.

But from what I hear pre-season he has earned a shot with us.

I’ve never got the manager and board role myself as that is definitely conflicted but beggars and chooses and all that.

If he signs hope he’s a huge success and our next decent player sale......even if they keep that in the family and it’s back to Accy.