Macclesfield Town

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
tonyhey

Macclesfield Town

Post by tonyhey »

Just been reading on the BBC that Macclesfield Town has been wound up. Sadly, another long standing Northern club gone to the wall.
Exiled Port Fan

Re: Macclesfield Town

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Very sad,
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

Owner has been trying it on for a long time - it's a shame, but no suprise.

Southend are next for winding up proceedings
Scotch Egg

Post by Scotch Egg »

That's really sad. It was a good club – I know I enjoyed our visits. Hope the fans can put a successful phoenix club together.
BackoftheNet

Post by BackoftheNet »

Sadly football clubs across the board have been living beyond their means for many years now and the sudden loss of income caused by the pandemic will inevitably tip some clubs over the edge. Football is our national sport but is the demand still there for so many full time football league clubs. It may be the financial situation caused by the pandemic may lead to a restructering of the league pyramid and an increasing number of clubs will be forced to go part time. Long live the Port.
Brianm

Post by Brianm »

So vital for us all to keep backing the Port financially as much as possible. Every bit counts I should think. Could do with a few more donations into the Floodlight Ram appeal. Everybody spread the word. great job by James as usual but he needs to put out another appeal.
Gloucester

Post by Gloucester »

Yet again somebody passes the fit and proper test and look what happens Bury, Wigan, Macclesfield and they won’t be the last.
Football is only worries-about PL and England and this has to change!
I remember going toMoss Rose in 1978/79 a sad day.
Met him on a Monday

Post by Met him on a Monday »

Yes very sad to see. Are there any assets we can pick up from the liquidators like a floodlight ram etc
YTT

Post by YTT »

Very sad but air of inevitability about it and but for the grace of god and sensible management and all that.
Redrobe fan

Post by Redrobe fan »

Brianm wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:11 pm So vital for us all to keep backing the Port financially as much as possible. Every bit counts I should think. Could do with a few more donations into the Floodlight Ram appeal. Everybody spread the word. great job by James as usual but he needs to put out another appeal.
I agree. It should be highlighted on the Official site.