FT: Ashton Athletic 1 - 8 Southport

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
portchat
Site Admin

FT: Ashton Athletic 1 - 8 Southport

Post by portchat »

Friendly away at Ashton Athletic this afternoon with 2pm kick off.

Hanford, Oliver, Bainbridge, Winnard, Ali, Benjamin, Morgan, Woods, Vassallo, Sampson, Carver

Subs: Challoner, Trialist, Wood, Doyle, Newell, Trialist, Trialist, Anson
Paulisi

Re: Ashton Athletic 0 - 6 Southport

Post by Paulisi »

Bit of a mismatch, but only National League and NW Counties yet to start.
Bobby

Re: FT: Ashton Athletic 1 - 8 Southport

Post by Bobby »

What where they doing conceding a goal? Not good enough. Watson Out
cavjj

Post by cavjj »

After discussions with Mrs Portchat, I have deleted a post where a user has attempted to doxx (partially reveal the identity of) another user.

I want to be very clear here - that s**t will not fly.

On this issue, I will point users in the direction of the following rule:

The forum will not tolerate abuse of any other members within. If a member does abuse another, they then will be issued with a warning, along with details of why they have been warned. If this persists, it will result in a permanent ban.

Whether you agree with a poster or not, or whether you think you know who they are or not will not be an excuse for this. The full list of rules is here. This list will be updated to include clearer points about revealing the identity of other users.

Every registered account here was given the opportunity to sign up under a pseudonym, and all users were asked to supply a genuine name. It's clearly very hard for us to verify these but when an issue arises that gives us reason to check, we will delete accounts where a name is not supplied or is obviously fake.

We take the protection of the identities of ALL accounts seriously. The name you supplied on registration can be seen by myself, and Nic, and no-one else. We both understand and respect our responsibilities in handling this data.

The three mods are really reluctant to be heavy-handed in our moderation of the forum. Disgareements, even fiery disagreements, are fine, but cowardly behaviour like that isn't.

CFORD-SIX

Post by CFORD-SIX »

Brilliant work - fully agree - well done. This forum should be for football views and not for the pampering of ego's.
Mart42

Post by Mart42 »

CFORD-SIX wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:57 pm Brilliant work - fully agree - well done. This forum should be for football views and not for the pampering of ego's.
Totally agree and that’s why some people so far have yet to appear on Port Chat
Good stuff James and Nic
Shaunstevens1881

Post by Shaunstevens1881 »

The rules of Port Chat:

It’s cowardly to out someone who is using a false name, but not cowardly to purposely go on slagging the club, in a false name?
Route66

Post by Route66 »

Am I imagining it or have I read somewhere that we are playing Wrexham next Saturday?
Mart42

Post by Mart42 »

Shaunstevens1881 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:24 pm The rules of Port Chat:

It’s cowardly to out someone who is using a false name, but not cowardly to purposely go on slagging the club, in a false name?
Was it not just a joke? It’s clearly obvious we are having a strong pre season, everyone can see that! I think it was just banter to be fair

Anyway, well done to the team today. Things are looking good and I can’t wait to get back to Haig Avenue soon
Liamsbodyguard

Post by Liamsbodyguard »

Useful workout for the lads today ,I know it's only pre-season but I think Connor woods may do the business for us this season ,everytime I've seen in recent weeks he's looking more like a top nln player keep it up Connor roll on the start of the season(I hope it starts anyway)coyy!!!
Wrea Green Gold

Post by Wrea Green Gold »

Route66 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:25 pm Am I imagining it or have I read somewhere that we are playing Wrexham next Saturday?
Google are showing it to be at home with a kick off time to be decided.

I am sure James said in one of his interviews about having a good friendly near the end of pre-season where he hoped spectators would be allowed in as a good test/ practice run for the Covid protocols to be employed. I wonder if that will happen next week.

COYY
Jackcarrboy

Post by Jackcarrboy »

I know lower opposition yesterday but some of the football was unreal . We look so good up front and look like we can score goals this year. Spoke to Liam yesterday aswell thinks Charlie Oliverwony be here long
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Saturday now AFC Liverpool according to SFC website/Facebook