What Is Southport Conservative MP Doing About This Issue ?

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Ste_B

Re: What Is Southport Conservative MP Doing About This Issue ?

Post by Ste_B »

badger wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:10 am
Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:29 pm We could ask our Tory mp to officially open it while he drops off the 20 million quid for national league clubs.
I have had a reply from our MP Damien Moore who is asking one of his case worker to contact me . I have replied asking him to contact Southport FC himself directly and discuss the matter of funding . In my view this should have all been sorted out weeks ago. :!: The more pressure on them the better. ;)
Pretty sure that's the automated response. He changes it every so often so people don't cotton on.
kiaken

Post by kiaken »

He always passes it on to someone else.Waste of time.
tonyhey

Post by tonyhey »

Moore is a total waste of space, about as much use as an ashtray on a motor bike.
becbee

Post by becbee »

At very least the Southport MP isn't in the Cabinet so even if he cared about SFC (which I suspect he doesn't) , at least he has no clout.

More relevant is the MP for Uxbridge and South Ruislip, Boris Johnson, whose follow up to sending Wealdstone FC ( they play at Ruislip) a letter congratulating them on their promotion to NL was to then ban them from having any spectators. Even more ridiculous, his Government is allowing Wealdstone to open their social club at the ground so that fans can sit indoors to watch the streaming of their home matches - with the proviso that the windows are blackened go that fans can't actually see the action on the pitch.
badger

Post by badger »

Ste_B wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:39 am
badger wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:10 am
Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:29 pm We could ask our Tory mp to officially open it while he drops off the 20 million quid for national league clubs.
I have had a reply from our MP Damien Moore who is asking one of his case worker to contact me . I have replied asking him to contact Southport FC himself directly and discuss the matter of funding . In my view this should have all been sorted out weeks ago. :!: The more pressure on them the better. ;)
Pretty sure that's the automated response. He changes it every so often so people don't cotton on.

Had a reply last Friday from our MP stating the Government will give a grant to N L clubs to replace the money they have lost because their Fans can not enter the ground to watch the game. :o