Paulisi

Re: Fa cup

Post by Paulisi »

Decent draw - need the prize money.
Hopefully it will be streamed..
mark thomas

Post by mark thomas »

am I right in thinking that currently Conf N/S clubs will have to play behind closed doors if at home, whereas the NPL sides and lower are OK to have limited fan numbers in if drawn at home?
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

mark thomas wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:04 pm am I right in thinking that currently Conf N/S clubs will have to play behind closed doors if at home, whereas the NPL sides and lower are OK to have limited fan numbers in if drawn at home?
Yes you’re right, but the main issue is as I understand if we play then we effectively start the contracts for the whole team and would have to pay them until the end of the season, likewise With most conference north teams. So taking part is still an unknown unless rules change over attendances at tier 6 or external financial aid is made available, otherwise we may see all conference north teams forfeit- which would be an absolute disaster
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

The suggestion from the interview was that 11 need to be paid regardless of the season start date and perhaps are already being paid? Guess it’ll be the existing players who signed contract extensions which would have been August start dates. Whilst they could be re-furloughed that only applies until the end of October and as YTT said on post in other thread, the new scheme after that will cover only a max of 22% of wages.
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

If cup games with no gate receipts are streamed does the streaming revenue get shared with the away team?
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

There are ongoing discussions if crowds can watch the FA Cup qualifying matches, but not the league.
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

Paulisi wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:02 pm There are ongoing discussions if crowds can watch the FA Cup qualifying matches, but not the league.
If that’s the case then presumably they’ve got scientific evidence that COVID is spread easier at non FA cup games :shock: that would be incredulous
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

TrickyDicky wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:34 pm
Paulisi wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:02 pm There are ongoing discussions if crowds can watch the FA Cup qualifying matches, but not the league.
If that’s the case then presumably they’ve got scientific evidence that COVID is spread easier at non FA cup games :shock: that would be incredulous
It may be a panicky fear 30 odd teams forfeit their game in the worlds oldest cup competition....
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

More likely a legal question, with the government allowing crowds for FA Cup qualifying from 1st Sept.
Phila9037

Post by Phila9037 »

Just been confirmed match will be played behind closed doors :(
PortDan1121

Post by PortDan1121 »

Phila9037 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:04 pm Just been confirmed match will be played behind closed doors :(
An inevitable. Makes no sense at all.
BackoftheNet

Post by BackoftheNet »

There are so many inconsistencies throughout the handling of this pandemic. It is an unprecedented situation but there is no sense that the government has any sort of strategy or plan on how to deal with the disease. I can go to the cinema and sit indoors to watch a film but I can’t go to a football match and sit outdoors in the fresh air. Nonsense.
SteH90

Post by SteH90 »

COVID can obviously tell the difference between elite and non-elite FA Cup hosts. Sarcastic perhaps but the rules make no sense. It’s kind of in keeping with the FA Cup though as recently every round has a different set of rules (VAR at Premier League grounds not at others, replays in some rounds and not in others) so fans able to attend a tie if it’s played at a non-elite club but forbidden at an elite club is just an extension of this!
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

And as the decision won't be reviewed until prior to the next round I presume that means the league season starts behind closed doors too.
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:40 pm And as the decision won't be reviewed until prior to the next round I presume that means the league season starts behind closed doors too.
Assuming the league starts - no news on financial compensation.

One other inconsistency. If a step 2 club is drawn away to lower league, it is home supporters only.
Unlike pre-season friendlies

I assume the club will arrange for a stream at a reasonable price(all pay in the cup)
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

For me there is a catch 22 situation do we try to get tier6 classed as non elite, and make a short term gain on small attendances or do we stay as an elite and maybe get our hands on some direct financial Grant or whatever doled out to the EFL and conference. Like I’ve already said it’s shambolic and a total haphazard approach, talk about crisis management , I wouldn’t pay Hancock and his chums in washers.
Sandgrounder SE

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

As I’ve said all along, we should not start this season. There is zero prospect of crowds being allowed for many weeks. We will be shelling out £000s each week to put games on, paying referees and players, travel costs etc. With the best will in the world streaming is no solution.
Pull the plug now.
PortDan1121

Post by PortDan1121 »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:35 pm As I’ve said all along, we should not start this season. There is zero prospect of crowds being allowed for many weeks. We will be shelling out £000s each week to put games on, paying referees and players, travel costs etc. With the best will in the world streaming is no solution.
Pull the plug now.
Hit the nail on the head. With no hope of starting the season in fans why start at all. It's just gonna mean that every club in the league is going to end the season with loads of debt, or even some clubs could just fold altogether. If fans are not allowed in, every club in the league has to come together and say they will not play without fans or a decent amount of financial support. The sad, depressing truth I'm afraid :(
tonyhey

Post by tonyhey »

Copied from the Club website:
Where an Elite Club is playing a Non-Elite Club:
Where the match is played at the Elite Club’s ground, the match must be played behind closed doors (i.e. with no spectators permitted to be in attendance)
Where the match is played at the Non-Elite Club’s ground, spectators of the home Club only shall be permitted to attend the match in accordance with the latest applicable National League System Spectator Guidance. Both clubs shall ensure that spectators of the visiting Club are not in attendance at the match.
Where a Non-Elite Club is playing another Non-Elite Club, spectators (of both the home and visiting Clubs) shall be permitted to attend the match in accordance with the latest applicable National League System Spectator Guidance.

Have you ever heard anything as farcical as this. It seems that fans of Elite Clubs either have the virus or are likely to pass it on to others, whereas, fans of Non-Elite Clubs are deemed virus free and fans from different clubs can mix freely with one another. If this is the work of the F.A. I don’t hold out much hope of us ever getting fans into grounds again.