Fa cup

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Paulisi

Re: Fa cup

Post by Paulisi »

It sounds like the government will not bail out the lower league clubs, they are trying to get the prem clubs to pay. I fear we will have a stand off and I can see all step 2 clubs postponing the FA Cup matches if no resolution before Thursday.
tonyhey

Post by tonyhey »

Paulisi wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:38 pm It sounds like the government will not bail out the lower league clubs, they are trying to get the prem clubs to pay. I fear we will have a stand off and I can see all step 2 clubs postponing the FA Cup matches if no resolution before Thursday.
So the Government bring in these Draconian rules and expects the Premier League to pick up the tab...sounds about right.
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

tonyhey wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:22 pm Copied from the Club website:
Where an Elite Club is playing a Non-Elite Club:
Where the match is played at the Elite Club’s ground, the match must be played behind closed doors (i.e. with no spectators permitted to be in attendance)
Where the match is played at the Non-Elite Club’s ground, spectators of the home Club only shall be permitted to attend the match in accordance with the latest applicable National League System Spectator Guidance. Both clubs shall ensure that spectators of the visiting Club are not in attendance at the match.
Where a Non-Elite Club is playing another Non-Elite Club, spectators (of both the home and visiting Clubs) shall be permitted to attend the match in accordance with the latest applicable National League System Spectator Guidance.

Have you ever heard anything as farcical as this. It seems that fans of Elite Clubs either have the virus or are likely to pass it on to others, whereas, fans of Non-Elite Clubs are deemed virus free and fans from different clubs can mix freely with one another. If this is the work of the F.A. I don’t hold out much hope of us ever getting fans into grounds again.
As Elite fans we are a danger to the non-Elite. As we are a seaside town club I guess we are metropolitan elite fans and as a team in yellow we must all be in the Liberal Meteopolitan Elite. I guess we do need to be surpressed to look after those not in our societal bubble..... [/sarc]