Main subforum for all things Southport FC
tonyhey

Re: Live Streams

Post by tonyhey »

Are we supposed to have any sound?
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

tonyhey wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:34 pm Are we supposed to have any sound?
Yes full commentary and rain pounding the stand roof.
Reasonabull

Post by Reasonabull »

Hereford, your next opponents, have streamed two pre season games brilliantly against Newport County and Solihull Moors. 4 cameras giving quality video and stats plus commentary from Radio Hereford FC for £5.99. Price will probably rise for league games. Will we be able to access your streaming on Tuesday?
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Reasonabull wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:02 pm Hereford, your next opponents, have streamed two pre season games brilliantly against Newport County and Solihull Moors. 4 cameras giving quality video and stats plus commentary from Radio Hereford FC for £5.99. Price will probably rise for league games. Will we be able to access your streaming on Tuesday?
Yesterdays stream was accessed via our official club website news page. It is as far as I can tell open to all with a credit or debit card!
Reasonabull

Post by Reasonabull »

OK cheers I’ll try it!!
Port on the Kent

Post by Port on the Kent »

Couldn't watch on Saturday, but I'll be trying this out tomorrow for myself. Am I right in saying the camera is located in the Main Stand? Minor point and it might depend on power sources, but I think the 'product' would look better from the other side. Watching with the grandstand as the backdrop sells the club in a better light and it feels like you are watching a game from a decent standard. Also from sponsorship point of view, presumably those sponsors with boards located along that side won't be too impressed with no exposure for the season? Of course that's an issue which just alternates depending on which side is used, but I wonder if there's been any conversations.
cobby7

Post by cobby7 »

Filming from the Stand was far better than on the popular side. It was really good.
Goal replays would be good.
Whether it was the height or better quality equipment I don’t know.
SteH90

Post by SteH90 »

You’d also fear for anyone having to sit in the popular side gantry in that weather just to get the Main Stand in the background!
Camera work was as good as commentary and bar a couple of slight delays early on I had no problems on a laptop.
Sandgrounder SE

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Filming from the stand, a plus for me was the sounds of people shouting and the tannoy in the background.
Sam

Post by Sam »

It may be worth noting that the Pop side doesnt have the internet and getting it over there reliably enough for it to be used for streaming won't just be a case of dangling mahoosive ethernet cable across the floodlights.
Ste_B

Post by Ste_B »

Whichever side, the camera would be better placed level with the half way line to reduce the illusion of a steep incline when the camera is pointed towards the Jack Carr stand.
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Port on the Kent wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:13 pm I think the 'product' would look better from the other side. Watching with the grandstand as the backdrop sells the club in a better light
Whilst the stand does indeed look at lot better than an uncovered terrace I doubt anyone watching is anything but an already committed supporter of the club (or an away fan) so the issue of presenting the club in a better light doesn't really apply in the same way a nationally broadcast game would.
Four iron

Post by Four iron »

Just buffers up on tablet and laptop(which is fairly new).
Nedoz yellow

Post by Nedoz yellow »

Same here. Worked fine on Saturday with no problems.
IBarch

Post by IBarch »

I had no issues in first half, one of the fortunate ones I guess.
Commentary is excellent. Note that it is only on the right stereo channel. The left channel is picking up chatter from other people close by. Something for our amazing media team to look at when they have time.
Met him on a Monday

Post by Met him on a Monday »

Did Hereford have their own live streaming ? If so, then does that mean they get the revenue from their supporters, which seems unfair as if they had travelled we would get the gate receipts. That bodes the question for our away games can we use our own facility for live streaming and generate income for ourselves !
Hat Trick Patrick

Post by Hat Trick Patrick »

Met him on a Monday wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:36 am Did Hereford have their own live streaming ? If so, then does that mean they get the revenue from their supporters, which seems unfair as if they had travelled we would get the gate receipts. That bodes the question for our away games can we use our own facility for live streaming and generate income for ourselves !
The post from "Reasonabull" above suggests they didn't have their own stream as he was asking about ours?
mark thomas

Post by mark thomas »

I emailed Kettering, and Port fans will be able to buy a streaming ticket on the day, the link will be on their main website.
Have a credit/debit card at the ready and all should be well. Our digital turnstile' has a buy match ticket option, assume that Kettering's will have too.
pbg

Post by pbg »

The Hereford game, 2nd half YouTube stream, has had 7740 views !! Wow!!
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Met him on a Monday wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:36 am Did Hereford have their own live streaming ? If so, then does that mean they get the revenue from their supporters, which seems unfair as if they had travelled we would get the gate receipts. That bodes the question for our away games can we use our own facility for live streaming and generate income for ourselves !
Home clubs do the streaming and get the revenue which is entirely reasonable as the aim is to replace lost matchday revenue.