Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Paulisi

Re: Live Streams

Post by Paulisi »

7.99 - interesting to see the take up.
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Paulisi wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:07 am 7.99 - interesting to see the take up.
Bargain.

How about people make additional donations to the floodlight ram appeal based on what they'd spend at the gate or on food or drink?

Optional of course and only if it's affordable.
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Dicko's Gloves wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:12 am Got my Ticket
I hope it works for you if you've bought from a trial page before the actual details have been announced!
Sgreen1234

Post by Sgreen1234 »

Details on official site at 9am today
Dicko's Gloves

Post by Dicko's Gloves »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:22 am
Dicko's Gloves wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:12 am Got my Ticket
I hope it works for you if you've bought from a trial page before the actual details have been announced!
Me too. If it falls in a heap hopefully the club still get the money.
mark thomas

Post by mark thomas »

I've got a season ticket, and my link and code for Saturday's streams have just been emailed to me - what a fantastic service, let's hope it goes as smoothly as possible tomorrow.
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

What do we know about the service?
7.99 on Saturday going up to 9.99 for league games.

Looks like we have graphics and a single camera which has been used in pre season. The quality of the highlights package was good, so hopefully this will continue.

There will be glitches early on, but I'm sure the club will work through them. Remember this is new to the club...

Not sure if there are any plans for commentary.
YTT

Post by YTT »

I think the club should have pitched the first game at a lower price to get the glitches out of the way and possibly attracted more uptake.

Telford are offering the same service for £5 on Saturday and they piloted a midweek friendly game this week.

Uptake outside of Season Tickets and Membership is the key on this one. Good luck to those involved in the production of this service.
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

The fee maybe for one or more persons of course, so for me it represents good value . If you pitch it too low then people will moan about the increase when it happens - it’s impossible to please all the people. Just give the club credit for getting it sorted, warts and all maybe , without whoppedoing about Telford’s pricing policy- I think 1p is too much to watch them in any case :lol:
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Excellent news. Sorts out tomorrow afternoon given the awful weather forecast here!
YTT

Post by YTT »

TrickyDicky wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:41 pm The fee maybe for one or more persons of course, so for me it represents good value . If you pitch it too low then people will moan about the increase when it happens - it’s impossible to please all the people. Just give the club credit for getting it sorted, warts and all maybe , without whoppedoing about Telford’s pricing policy- I think 1p is too much to watch them in any case :lol:
Agree they are only worth watching twice a season :D

I was merely using Telford as a comparison and moreover a commercial point being that the captive audience of Members and ST holders isn't going to yield what we need over the next 6 months from streaming. There will always be the floaters who may or may not of attended a game on any given day but how do we capture more of them from their living rooms and market to a wider audience? Price point, technology access and offering are always a factor and i've taken in streams myself of other teams just for a game to watch in recent times.

The codes for access are not transferable according to the statement on the club site but not sure unless IP restricted how that is policed or restricted. Same household i take your point without any whoppedoing and no mixed households and socially distanced of course.
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

YTT wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:29 pm
TrickyDicky wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:41 pm The fee maybe for one or more persons of course, so for me it represents good value . If you pitch it too low then people will moan about the increase when it happens - it’s impossible to please all the people. Just give the club credit for getting it sorted, warts and all maybe , without whoppedoing about Telford’s pricing policy- I think 1p is too much to watch them in any case :lol:
Agree they are only worth watching twice a season :D

I was merely using Telford as a comparison and moreover a commercial point being that the captive audience of Members and ST holders isn't going to yield what we need over the next 6 months from streaming. There will always be the floaters who may or may not of attended a game on any given day but how do we capture more of them from their living rooms and market to a wider audience? Price point, technology access and offering are always a factor and i've taken in streams myself of other teams just for a game to watch in recent times.

The codes for access are not transferable according to the statement on the club site but not sure unless IP restricted how that is policed or restricted. Same household i take your point without any whoppedoing and no mixed households and socially distanced of course.
Yes fair point well made👍
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

YTT wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:29 pm The codes for access are not transferable according to the statement on the club site but not sure unless IP restricted how that is policed or restricted. Same household i take your point without any whoppedoing and no mixed households and socially distanced of course.
I presumed that was less a technicsl claim and more a statement that they apply to individual games and shouldn't be shared with others.
Swedes

Post by Swedes »

Fair play to the club for getting this sorted. Whatever happens with the stream tomorrow, I hope any feedback is constructive. We may have a long season of this ahead, and it's all new to us so may take time to get right.
Redrobe

Post by Redrobe »

When I log on to the club website at the start of the news item on the live video stream I see “your browser does not support Javescript. Javescript is needed to view this video player” followed by the narrative that the club has posted. Does anybody else see this when they log on to The club website?
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

Redrobe wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:23 am When I log on to the club website at the start of the news item on the live video stream I see “your browser does not support Javescript. Javescript is needed to view this video player” followed by the narrative that the club has posted. Does anybody else see this when they log on to The club website?
Yes
Ste_B

Post by Ste_B »

Redrobe wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:23 am When I log on to the club website at the start of the news item on the live video stream I see “your browser does not support Javescript. Javescript is needed to view this video player” followed by the narrative that the club has posted. Does anybody else see this when they log on to The club website?
On my phone yes, no problems on my laptop.
Sam

Post by Sam »

This website will help:

http://activatejavascript.org/en/instructions/android

Select your phone browser if not android.
Scot Sandgrounder

Post by Scot Sandgrounder »

Hat Trick Patrick wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:12 am Could this be a blessing in disguise? I'm thinking here of our many exiled fans living round the country and round the world, who rarely have an opportunity to watch SFC's home games. If this goes ahead, it would enable them to watch live, all SFC's home games for the season, and consequently could generate more matchday income from them than we would otherwise receive in normal circumstances. Over to you exiles, how many of you would you be prepared to buy a match or season ticket in order to watch these games live?
Thanks for thinking of us!
I had hoped with SPFL games behind closed doors for the foreseeable, I might be able to shoot down the M6 more often to Haig Ave had the Port not been 'elite'!
It's rotten for home based fans, but will be a real treat to sit in Edinburgh and watch the lads live on a Saturday afternoon.

Up the Port!
Liamisdoingagreatjob

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

Tablet didn’t work at all but got in through phone. Sound was variable. Rob was loud and clear but others more difficult to hear. Suspect that was about placing of microphone etc...only a trial and everyone’s learning.

It’ll be absolutely spot on when we play in the cup final.....the last 6 months is proof anything can happen....just need a few early wins then byes against Liverpool, city and United....