FT: Southport 2-1 Morpeth Match Thread

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
cavjj

FT: Southport 2-1 Morpeth Match Thread

Post by cavjj »

Q&A
Live Q&A with directors Ian Kyle, Steve Porter and Liam Watson from 1pm - https://southportfc.net/live-q-a-at-1pm-today/

Southport V Morpeth - FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round

Live video stream (£7.99 to view - Members and STs free - link from the club should be in your email - check spam if necessary) 2.50pm - https://southportfc.net/morpeth-test/

(Links to mirrors / free streams / pirate broadcasts will be deleted and users banned. Please support the club through these difficult times)

Text updates on https://www.twitter.com/southport_fc
YELLOWTAXI

Re: Southport V Morpeth Match Thread

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Anyone else not seeing anything yet on 1pm stream...tad worrying.
cavjj

Post by cavjj »

YELLOWTAXI wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:07 pm Anyone else not seeing anything yet on 1pm stream...tad worrying.
It's up, it's a bit quiet but I believe they're looking into it.
Redrobe

Post by Redrobe »

Two of my mates are on but both say you can hardly hear it. Myself and another mate haven’t managed to connect. Now told it has finished by one mate that was on.
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

It's gone offline mid answer
Pirate Jim

Post by Pirate Jim »

Got a small bit at 1.05 then lost it completely. Just hope the match streams ok.
YELLOWTAXI

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Could only hear Robs questions.
Hopefully they will sort teething problems out or even turn the microphone on🤦‍♂️🤣
David999

Post by David999 »

Could not hear it even with full volume and ear pressed to phone / hope live stream of match is better !!
CFORD-SIX

Post by CFORD-SIX »

I had a dodgy connection - with buffering, poor sound and frozen screens. Is that just my internet connection or was it the same for everyone??
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Has anyone with an email programme sub received today's programme yet?
YELLOWTAXI

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

CFORD-SIX wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:24 pm I had a dodgy connection - with buffering, poor sound and frozen screens. Is that just my internet connection or was it the same for everyone??
Just your dodgy internet connection!
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

CFORD-SIX wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:24 pm I had a dodgy connection - with buffering, poor sound and frozen screens. Is that just my internet connection or was it the same for everyone??
Video was fine but audio too quiet. Could hear Rob ok but others were barely audible without putting headphones on.
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

Picture on phone, but hardly any sound - not even picture on tablet.
cavjj

Post by cavjj »

It's not an easy thing the club and the media team are doing - do bear with them. I can testify first hand it's genuinely terrifying trying to launch something digitally at the club and waiting for the feedback. I thought it was pretty good for a first attempt, just a bit too quiet. But the audio (volume aside) and video quality itself was really good. I reckon the match will be fine.
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

cavjj wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:28 pm It's not an easy thing the club and the media team are doing - do bear with them. I can testify first hand it's genuinely terrifying trying to launch something digitally at the club and waiting for the feedback. I thought it was pretty good for a first attempt, just a bit too quiet. But the audio and video quality itself was really good. I reckon the match will be fine.
Indeed, today should be about sorting teething problems and if there are issues today lets hope we feed back clearly and fairly; to ensure it can be improved but without crushing those involved.
Phila9037

Post by Phila9037 »

I got the program by email this morning

Don’t think it was included in subscription though?Maybe wrong

I paid for printed program subscription and had to pay £1 for today’s pdf
kiaken

Post by kiaken »

Had it on laptop connected to TV on full volume could only just hear. But not bad first try. It's hard for us fans not being used to this idea.
Swedes

Post by Swedes »

What I noticed from the short bit of the interview I tried to watch is that when Ian Kyle was speaking, the microphone was in the hands of Steve Porter who was at a socially distanced position. Could be something as simple as the mic not being close enough, or even working?
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Phila9037 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:31 pm I got the program by email this morning

Don’t think it was included in subscription though?Maybe wrong

I paid for printed program subscription and had to pay £1 for today’s pdf
In the online shop the option for the online subscription says league games but the news articles on the club website said Cup games were included
https://southportfc.net/update-matchday-programme/
Redrobe

Post by Redrobe »

I just got the circle going round and around as it tried to connect as did a friend of mine. It is worrying me that everyone else commenting on here got a picture and at least some sound. I shall wait and see re match later today. I do understand teething problems are inevitable but I am so looking forward to seeing the game.