FT: Southport 2-1 Morpeth Match Thread

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
TrickyDicky

Re: FT: Southport 2-1 Morpeth Match Thread

Post by TrickyDicky »

Scraped through and that’s all that counts in atrocious conditions which made the game a lottery. Credit to Morpeth who gave it their all and left nothing out there and credit to the Port for fighting back . I think we would have lost that game in the last several seasons, so positive outcome leaves me relieved a and delighted.
Sand74

Post by Sand74 »

I watched via the web browser on a smart TV and it worked pretty much perfectly.

Great coverage.

SSE - NLN teams are allowed to wear squad numbers this year. I guess they may get names on the shirt.

Good second half performance in what looked like awful conditions.
Don't forget Morpeth have already played 4 or 5 competetive games and rhat showed in the first half but we adapted well and it was good to see we look like we have goals in us.
Phila9037

Post by Phila9037 »

Never even thought of using web browser on smart tv

Will it be avaliable to watch again?

Would like to get it all set up right before Tuesday
Ronnie Hotdogs

Re: Southport 0-1 Morpeth Match Thread

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Ste_B wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:47 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:01 pm
SteH90 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:39 pm

I won’t!
Can we start a Portchat beef? It's all been a bit too bloody nice since it came back.
I'll give you beef Hotdogs.

HOW'D YOU LIKE THEM ONIONS?
I would come to Bamber Bridge to batter you but we mustard-here to the restrictions.
Sandgrounder SE

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

I didn’t know about squad numbers. Odd, if they don’t have names on.
Would be helpful if we knew what the numbers were. I hadn’t seen several of these players before.
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Phila9037 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:01 pm Never even thought of using web browser on smart tv

The e-mail I got suggests you could re-watch the stream.
Redrobe fan

Post by Redrobe fan »

How did the pitch stand up?

I was surprised that Tony Mac started. Can we expect Hanford on Tuesday?
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Redrobe fan wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:34 pm How did the pitch stand up?

The Jack Carr/Poplar corner was starting to splash a lot but otherwise it looked ok to me on the feed.
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:41 pm

The Jack Carr/Poplar corner was starting to splash a lot but otherwise it looked ok to me on the feed.
Pitch puddling no surprise, likewise across the country eg Leeds but didn’t cut up although there is an Everton game tomorrow and our league game on Tuesday , the amount of rain was bordering on biblical as well so touchwood It’ll be okay. Tony Mc apart from his clumsy challenge on the penalty was my MOM he got us into the next round by keeping us in it When we looked like going 2-0 down , Likewise I’m sure Hanford will start on Tuesday unless Of course he’s got a full time club no idea on this though :D
kiaken

Post by kiaken »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:38 pm I didn’t know about squad numbers. Odd, if they don’t have names on.
Would be helpful if we knew what the numbers were. I hadn’t seen several of these players before.
If you Google Southport players squad numbers you will find out who's who.
John Glendenning

Post by John Glendenning »

Well done to all concerned with getting the stream up and running. Special mention to the commentary team, sounded professional and better than many local BBC ones I have heard over the years.
It was REALLY good to see our team and once the ring-rust was shaken off, they look a good prospect for the season. Nice to see young Master Watson get on the score-sheet; well deserved after all the effort. George showed some class and took his goal really well too.
Sadly, I am working on Tuesday night so will not have an opportunity to watch the live stream but I guarantee that I will be desperately searching for highlights once service users get their heads down later in the evening.

(Very happy :-)
old gold and black

Post by old gold and black »

Well done to all at port both on and off the pitch, had no problems with the live feed except that I had to pay for it even though I`ve taken out a membership. Think there`s been a bit of a hitch but I`m sure it will get sorted shortly, the only other problem was the £1 programme did not materialise, got the e.mails but no download hope all will be ok on Tuesday. Would be interesting to see if the club has made anything on the day and if it is viable to keep this going and in particular if we can log in to away matches.
Nolio

Post by Nolio »

kiaken wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:08 pm
Sandgrounder SE wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:38 pm I didn’t know about squad numbers. Odd, if they don’t have names on.
If you Google Southport players squad numbers you will find out who's who.
I might be wrong but I think this may also be an anti-Covid measure (ie: each player having their own kit which no-one else wears).
Mr Ah Yes

Post by Mr Ah Yes »

Tony Mc tried to bounce the ball in the 6yd box whilst the ref was sorting out the nonsense at the end - it didn't. Hopefully just because of the rain.
Otherwise, it looked to be ok.
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

old gold and black wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:23 pm the only other problem was the £1 programme did not materialise, got the e.mails but no download
Send Rob an email and I'm sure he'll send you a copy.
Ralphy Rylance

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:10 pm
Phila9037 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:01 pm Never even thought of using web browser on smart tv

The e-mail I got suggests you could re-watch the stream.
It does say unlimited views but I don't think there's any way of watching a live stream again.
Sgreen1234

Post by Sgreen1234 »

Not being funny but where’s Mike Hunt?
Mart42

Post by Mart42 »

Thought we did ok today! Was always going to be a tough game and Morpeth were better than I thought they were going to be. Make no bones about it, if that penalty goes in we are in trouble!!!
Newell for me is superb. I saw him run the show against AFC Liverpool last week and once again he looked quality again when he came on today.
In the hat on Monday and that's a good thing. We will know more about the team on Tuesday night but I think we have the makings of a good team and I loved the stream the club put on - Alan was superb in commentary and its great to see a decent interview after the game now. Been a long time coming
Mart42

Post by Mart42 »

Sgreen1234 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:16 pm Not being funny but where’s Mike Hunt?
Try not to read too much into it! I am sure there is a genuine reason for someone who posted on the old port chat on average 3 times a day over multiple years not to post on the new port chat once since it was taken over by people who look over it with care and transparency
Sam

Post by Sam »

Mart42 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:36 pm and transparency
Jon couldn't have been more transparent. He may have been using a name that wasn't his. But everyone knew who is was and even had put his mobile number on here.