FT: Southport 2-1 Morpeth Match Thread

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
cavjj

Re: Southport V Morpeth Match Thread

Post by cavjj »

Redrobe wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:38 pm I just got the circle going round and around as it tried to connect as did a friend of mine. It is worrying me that everyone else commenting on here got a picture and at least some sound. I shall wait and see re match later today. I do understand teething problems are inevitable but I am so looking forward to seeing the game.
What device were you trying to watch it on?
Phila9037

Post by Phila9037 »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:37 pm
Phila9037 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:31 pm I got the program by email this morning

Don’t think it was included in subscription though?Maybe wrong

I paid for printed program subscription and had to pay £1 for today’s pdf
In the online shop the option for the online subscription says league games but the news articles on the club website said Cup games were included
https://southportfc.net/update-matchday-programme/
Ah just read it and you are right

Sorry,didn’t really read about email option cos I’m getting printed copies :D
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

cavjj wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:39 pm
Redrobe wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:38 pm I just got the circle going round and around as it tried to connect as did a friend of mine. It is worrying me that everyone else commenting on here got a picture and at least some sound. I shall wait and see re match later today. I do understand teething problems are inevitable but I am so looking forward to seeing the game.
What device were you trying to watch it on?
I couldn't get to work on Android tablet, but got picture on Android phone.
Terrace Dweller

Post by Terrace Dweller »

Couldn't get a picture or sound on either Android tablet or phone for the Q and A session.
Phila9037

Post by Phila9037 »

Will it be avaliable to watch again later?
Exiled Port Fan

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

A flash issue? Some older Android tablets have stopped supporting flash player recently.
Ste_B

Post by Ste_B »

Everything worked fine for me on a MacBook. Caught the whole thing - they started about 10 minutes late. IK jokingly blamed Liam for not setting off earlier. As things were rounded up at the end I suspect Rob had already pressed the disconnect button just as Steve Porter asked if he could add one more thing.

The sound was very quiet but pretty certain it was human error rather than a technical glitch, and won't be an issue during the game. If it's a cheap-ish microphone then it might struggle to pick anything up from where it was being held. Most microphones aren't designed to pick up sounds from distance in every direction. Rob will have been sat closest to the laptop, and I suspect what we heard from everyone was maybe even what the laptop microphone was picking up.
cavjj

Post by cavjj »

Not a huge Android user but would maybe recommend downloading the Firefox browser app and trying it through that at 2.50pm.

If the club can, it would not be a bad idea to start the stream a little early with a blank or background screen so as many people as possible can check it's working.....

If EPF's suggested issue of Flash being dropped by Android tablets is the cause of some problems I'm not sure what could be done about that.
Redrobe

Post by Redrobe »

I was using an Apple IPad. No idea if that is an Android or not and don’t know anything about Flashsytems etc. It is all witchcraft to me unfortunately.
cavjj

Post by cavjj »

Redrobe wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:09 pm I was using an Apple IPad. No idea if that is an Android or not and don’t know anything about Flashsytems etc. It is all witchcraft to me unfortunately.
Not Android but same recommendation - go to the App Store on your home screen and download Firefox. Not a guarantee it'll work but that's what I'd try.
Terrace Dweller

Post by Terrace Dweller »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:54 pm A flash issue? Some older Android tablets have stopped supporting flash player recently.
Thanks Exiled Port fan, could well explain tablet prob, but not sure why coverage not successful on phone, running Android 9.
portchat
Site Admin

Post by portchat »

Mic issue now identified and rectified by the media team.

The commentary will come through loud and clear for you all.

It’s quite something to see the hard work going on here.
BackoftheNet

Post by BackoftheNet »

I’m up and running on my laptop. Morpeth warming up on pitch. Good picture quality. Not sure about sound. It’s very quiet. Could be just the mic not turned on or even turned down. Can hear music in background but volume low. It’s not my laptop that’s turned up to full volume.
Exiled Port Fan

I'm also up and running. Picture and pre-match music coming through very clearly.
Exiled Port Fan

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:49 pm I'm also up and running. Picture and pre-match music coming through very clearly.
Now to open my french doors and stand under an umbrella in the rain to get a real matchday experience!
Sandgrounder SE

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Does the pitch really slope that much?
SteH90

Post by SteH90 »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:30 pm
cavjj wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:28 pm It's not an easy thing the club and the media team are doing - do bear with them. I can testify first hand it's genuinely terrifying trying to launch something digitally at the club and waiting for the feedback. I thought it was pretty good for a first attempt, just a bit too quiet. But the audio and video quality itself was really good. I reckon the match will be fine.
Indeed, today should be about sorting teething problems and if there are issues today lets hope we feed back clearly and fairly; to ensure it can be improved but without crushing those involved.
Totally agree. Everyone is trying their best and it’s all new so even if there’s problems we should be sympathetic to volunteers. And of course any problems which arise today can be ironed out for Tuesday.
The Commander

Post by The Commander »

Put code in as sent but access denied it says.

Have to watch Everton instead :x
Last edited by The Commander on Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paulisi

Post by Paulisi »

Cannot get it to work on phone or tablet now. iPad only has sound.
Sandgrounder SE

Re: Southport 0-0 Morpeth Match Thread

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Who’s wearing 12 - and why?